My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
Davidj
Knight
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: MiniMod Thread

Postby Davidj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 pm

finally got tired of my g36 magazines getting snagged on my pouches, so I took a hacksaw and cut off the ready mag system and some of the other excess plastic parts. It roughed up the mags a little bit, but I don't have any feeding problems because of it and reloading is much smoother and the mags fit in pouches much looser.

Outdoor Primary: CA SLR105 tactical
CQB Primary: Echo 1 G36c
Main Secondary: custom sawed-off DE shotgun
Current Sidearm: Echo 1 Timberwolf
Specialty Weapon: Iron Airsoft M320 grenade launcher
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum

Postby adog12341 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for the addition, David. :D
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
Buffalo Hustler
Pawn

Postby Buffalo Hustler » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:11 pm

I have a mod that makes the trigger pull of all bar 10/vsr 10 clones significantly smoother.

All you have to do is replace the trigger sear spring with a stronger one. My theory is that a stronger trigger sear spring will push up harder on the trigger sear and alleviate some of pressure being put on the top of the trigger. Whether or not that is the case, I know this mod works from experience.

If you don't happen to have a stronger spring of the same size lying around (I know I didn't), here is how to make one:
First, you'll need to take apart an old (or new, I guess, but it will render it useless) high cap magazine and take out the long, flat ,metal sheet that winds up the gear and pushes the bb's up. I guess you could call it a spring. I'm not sure what it's actually called.
Anyway, then you have to cut about a 1 inch piece off of it and bend it in half into a "V" shape. Then make at least 2 more that are each slightly shorter than the original and put one inside the other, and put both of those inside the original.

Next you just need to put them under the trigger sear just to the right of the hole for the spring guide stopper. Finally, put some grease on part of the triggers that contacts the trigger sear and put the trigger box back together.

You can also increase the weight of the trigger pull (which is nice for high powered guns because usually when the trigger is partially pulled it will stay in that position due to the stronger spring pushing down on it) by replacing the trigger spring with tiny pieces of thick rubber. I don't know where to get any, though. i was luck enough to find a quarter inch thick rubber band at a Kohl's.
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks for the mod Buffalo. :)
My Youtube Channel
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Tue May 22, 2012 4:19 pm

not sure if this counts but w/e :roll:
It's for the WELL(and possibly ARES) L115A3(basically an L96 with a folding stock) and skeletonizes the stock.
It's very straightforward. Start by completely removing the cheek rest and cheek rest adjustment screws, then remove the 4? body screws in the stock. The stock is two pieces of molded plastic that are split down the middle(parallel to the barrel). Carefully split the stock(it's held together by friction pins) and remove both halves. You can reattach the cheek rest if you want. I'm pretty sure the monopod can still be used, but it's wobbly so I don't use it.
pic:
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Camera mount 2.0 :)
My Youtube Channel
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby SnakeAssault » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Alright then... Tim wanted this, so homemade magazine pouches:
First, go to walmart and buy 2 pillows, a bedsheet, or whatever. It doesn't matter, you just need the outer fabric bag that the cheap ones now come in. Size varies based on what you buy.
Take your items out, apply them wherever they go.
Flip it over, so your button or velcro is facing down.
Cut out a piece of fabric from something you have laying around. Make sure it's a bit bigger than your belt.
Fold the top edge of that piece of fabric over a bit, and line it up where you want the belt loop for your pouch.
Sew that. I use a needle and thread because I don't have a sewing machine. Not that hard really, you just need a needle. If you do it by hand, try to leave small gaps between your stitches.
Now, sew it through again, going back to your start position, so there is no break in the line of stitching.
Tie a knot with your needle and the source of your thread. Cut the needle off, and get more thread prepared on the needle.
Fold the bottom of your belt loop fabric, and sew that on in position. Again, repeat to go back to start, tie it off.
And now, glue it. This will prevent stitches from breaking.
Finally, if you want a dump pouch, find the hem of the top of the pouch. Cut a slit somewhere, so you can run some wire through the hemmed area. push your wire through, and cut a hole on the opposite side, so you can tie the wire together.
Now show people your ridiculous looking pink mag pouch.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby SnakeAssault » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Request: G36 Quick disassembly mod. Specifically the rear screw, that holds the gearbox back.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
RichardNuth
Pawn

MiniMod Thread

Postby RichardNuth » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 pm

I think the view count takes awhile to refresh. For example, this thread has 50 views, but only one other member has posted. I doubt Im the only one of 50 who would take an educated guess.

Return to “Tech Talk”