Nozzle to Hop Up Seal

Got problem with your airsoft gun? Find out here
link236
Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Nozzle to Hop Up Seal

Postby link236 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm

tylerflow wrote:Huh, I just discovered something really interesting. You attach the stock with a screw that runs all the way to the gearbox so it locks in with the spring guide. Well I found out that the more I tighten the screw, the more I lose air seal. I guess maybe it's pushing the gearbox forward? I still have a perfect air seal, but I just have to keep the stock loose enough. :?

If anything, that'd pull the gearbox itself back. It might be pushing the piston and stuff forward a smidge.
My Armory:
Primary: VFC Socom Gear Noveske N4 7.25" -SHS M100 Spring, Lonex A1 Motor- (LOOKING TO SELL!!! TRADES FOR HK 416s or $300ish)
Reserves/Sold:KWC S&W M&P 40 Springer, CYMA CM046, KWA USP GBB, TM 1911 NIght Warrior

NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Makes sense; the stock screw pulls the GB toward and buffer tube together at the buffer hole. The farther back the GB shell, the worse the seal in the separate hop up unit. I'm relatively sure at this point that the nozzle/bucking seal is picky about their distance.
Last edited by NorthernHurricane7 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernHurricane7
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I think this means I have the very first AEG "NPAS" kit...
#
NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 am

There was that variable compression piston/piston head you can get, but that was kind of a fail from what I heard because of the way you had to adjust it and just the overall way it operated.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernHurricane7
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Well I also learned this kinda sucks because it wobbles around with the screw loosed enough. I've tried a bunch of ways to try and remedy it but now it seems the only way to do it is to permanently attach the stock to the body with glue or something...
#
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby SnakeAssault » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm sorry if this is worthless device, because I really don't know anything about AR style guns, but...
Could you possibly shim between the gearbox and lower receiver, with some U shaped plastic, and then tighten the screw up?
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:17 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:I'm sorry if this is worthless device, because I really don't know anything about AR style guns, but...
Could you possibly shim between the gearbox and lower receiver, with some U shaped plastic, and then tighten the screw up?

i was thinking the same thing, maybe a washer or something, but I have no idea whether there is space for something like that to fit or not.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
tsabiston
Pawn

Postby tsabiston » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Disassemble your gun gearbox and all. Reassemble gearbox with tappet plate cylinder head air nozzle spring sector gear.now install in lower receiver.install upper receiver with hop up and barrel. Blow into the inner barrel of your gun while plugging the cylinder head with your fingers. I have found before that some types of plates have too much meat at the sector gear interface and always riDe against the sector gear shaft never letting your Tappet plate move all the way forward keeping your air nozzle from fully engaging the bucking. Super shooter gears are notorious for this. Hope this helps. You can also file down the sector gear bushing for the tappet plate. This moves your tappet plate forward a little bit. I wouldnt recommend spacing your hop up off the gear box.

Return to “Tech Talk”