Matrix 3000 motor not firing

Got problem with your airsoft gun? Find out here
binary-ghost
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Matrix 3000 motor not firing

Postby binary-ghost » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am

Hey i just got a matrix super reinforced m120 gearbox and a matrix magnum torque 3000 motor and the motor spins just fine outside of the gun, once i place it in the gun and adjust the motor height it just does absolutely nothing.. so i slowly loosen the height little by little and pull the trigger each time.. it will do nothing until it gets loosened alot and eventually spins freely without touching the gears.

I have also tried a different motor and that one works fine. no issues at all. fires perfectly. the magnum motor just doesnt fire when its height is correctly adjusted.

anyone know why this could be?

thank you.
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Re: Matrix 3000 motor not firing

Postby mvsrocks » Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 am

There is a jam in your gearbox. This could be caused by stripped teeth, bad shimming (unless you haven't opened your gearbox before), etc.

Try to refrain from pulling the trigger if the motor is not spinning when in the gearbox. It just creates a lot of resistance and heat, which is not very good for your motor and battery.
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
binary-ghost
Pawn

Postby binary-ghost » Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 am

just thought of something. i believe my battery may not be putting out enough power for this particular set of tech. Seeing at both the gearbox and motor are essentially "high torque" i believe i may need a higher power battery.
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 am

You have high torque gears AND a high torque motor?
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

its not the motor polarity? seems silly, but I've spent hours tracing wires, looking for bad connections and stuff, and not realizing to check the motor...
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:35 pm

timbuktoo wrote:its not the motor polarity? seems silly, but I've spent hours tracing wires, looking for bad connections and stuff, and not realizing to check the motor...

This seems to be the best idea so far. If it's not that, I'd say your motor could be messed up.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernHurricane7

Return to “Tech Talk”