Bevel to pinion gear meshing

Got problem with your airsoft gun? Find out here
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Bevel to pinion gear meshing

Postby mvsrocks » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Hello everyone. For a long time now, I have been tolerant to a little whine from my shimming, but now it is getting rather disheartening.

I am using a Lonex pinion gear with an SHS bevel gear, and I know that the two do not mesh very well with each other. What are some good pinion and bevel gear combinations (excluding Siegetek please), and what bevel would work well with a Lonex pinion gear? Thanks.
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Re: Bevel to pinion gear meshing

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:49 am

mvsrocks wrote:What are some good pinion and bevel gear combinations (excluding Siegetek please), and what bevel would work well with a Lonex pinion gear? Thanks.

A Lonex bevel should work pretty well with a Lonex pinion. :P

My Lonex pinion sounded pretty decent (but not perfect) on my SHS bevel, but that could be in part to me just not reshimming it. It was one of my earliest shim jobs, and it sounded good enough, so I just left it. I shredded the SHS bevel though.

You could get a pinion puller for $25 and an SHS pinion to replace the Lonex one. Or just get rid of the Lonex motor and put an SHS in there, since SHS motors come with SHS pinions. The new SHS motors seem to be pretty decent.

EDIT: I just shimmed some SHS gears to a SRC motor and pinion. After adjusting the motor height, it sounds pretty good.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernHurricane7
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Re: Bevel to pinion gear meshing

Postby mvsrocks » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm

I gave up and just got a pinion puller, and replaced the Lonex pinion with a new Guarder one I found. The shimming sounds much better now.. Thanks for the response though.
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.

Return to “Tech Talk”