Airsoft GI Sucks

Discussion of products we sell, special order possibilities and order information
TheProphet
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Airsoft GI Sucks

Postby TheProphet » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 pm

That should be common sense really. Very very few places ship process and ship on weekends. In fact, on the home page Airsoft GI has a banner that gives you the date you need to order by in order to receive your order by Christmas. Read next time and maybe you won't be as frustrated.
thevaliantx
Pawn

Postby thevaliantx » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 pm

No, it's not common sense. If one isn't on the 'main page' then they're not going to see the 'banner'. The main page is a mess, in my opinion. Aside from the fact that AirsoftGI needs to sell more types of weaponry, it is a nightmare shopping on its site. 'Common sense' says that if a user is shopping for a specific type of weapon, that you show all things that you sell that are compatible with that particular item. That would be a basic feature. If they really wanted to wow the seller they could 'upsell' particular accessories and components under the guise of 'suggested upgrade'. As an update to my experience (and frustration) concerning my Christmas order: my wife could not get the gal at AirsoftGI to understand that pointing the finger at UPS' shipping policies, and suggesting that an 'asterick' is all that's needed to explain the policy, and saying that it's not AirsoftGI's problem, is NOT an example of standing by AirsoftGI's claims to provide the best level of customer service out there. If I were in that customer agent's shoes I'd be doing anything I could to try and resolve the matter, even refunding the amount paid for UPS 3-day SELECT shipping to an obviously upset customer. They're making hands over fists in money as it is. Oh well, there's other Airsoft equipment suppliers out there, but I'm sure that someone will appreciate the heads up.
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:11 am

thevaliantx wrote:They EASILY could have noted on their site, being that it's close to Christmas, that the 3-day-shipping would not actually have the order in the customer's hands in 3 days. 3 BUSINESS days, maybe.

I don't know what type of rock you are living under, but UPS shipping facilities do not operate on non-business days and never have operated on non-business days. Neither do USPS. If you are angry about the misleading name for UPS "3 Day Select" shipping, take it up with UPS, because they are the ones who came up with it, not Airsoft GI. Whoever the Airsoft GI rep was, she was correct in that it's not Airsoft GI's fault that UPS uses a vague term to advertise express shipping, because it's universally known that they do not ship on weekends or holidays.

FedEx is the only other big parcel delivery company (excluding DHL since they are less popular in the States) that will deliver on Saturdays. They will deliver packages from the local depot to doorstep, but their processing facilities do not operate. Sure, Airsoft GI could offer this as an alternative, however, it's very unlikely that it would get to your doorstep any sooner unless it were shipped on a Thursday or early Friday with overnight delivery, which is costly. Even then, I believe there is some fine print regarding no guarantee or arrival.

You were clearly in the wrong for assuming that UPS would ship a 3-day package in 1.5 business days, and then blaming the vagueness of UPS' marketing strategy on Airsoft GI.

thevaliantx wrote:'Common sense' says that if a user is shopping for a specific type of weapon, that you show all things that you sell that are compatible with that particular item. That would be a basic feature. If they really wanted to wow the seller they could 'upsell' particular accessories and components under the guise of 'suggested upgrade'..

Well, the thing about airsoft is that there are several different systems in which airsoft guns operate, as well as external features mimicking real firearms that can be changed out. Some airsoft guns have thousands of compatible parts, whereas some it's difficult to tell which parts are compatible because they produce off-spec guns that look similar to other ones. For the latter, most of the time, it's the players themselves who figure it out through experimentation which parts work with which systems. There are also proprietary systems, which have no accessories. Again, it's not Airsoft GI's fault the industry is this way. Almost every manufacturer is situated in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Japan, which means little-to-no customer support from these manufacturers to folks living in the United States. Just like real firearms, external accessories in airsoft are generally universal if you have the correct mounting hardware, and they are also preferential to the user. Airsoft is a difficult hobby to understand, and it really requires a lot of technical prowess and experience to figure out what can be purchased and used to benefit the player.

If I could explain this in simpler terms, airsoft is like if there were 50 different auto manufacturers who all produced a car called a Corvette. Each manufacturer produces 10 different kinds of Corvettes, bringing the total to 500 different Corvettes on the market. They all look similar, but some are better quality and some have different dimensions and some have different external parts. To propel it, some use internal combustion engines and some use electric motors. When you open up the hood, some are the same, some are off-spec, and some have proprietary parts. You can buy Corvette parts, but not all will fit every car. There are also a lot of parts for certain kinds of Corvettes. Then there are 25 different manufacturers that produce an F-150. Each manufacturer makes 5 different F-150s etc. etc. etc.....

If I'm not mistaken, on the same page of nearly any replica gun sold by Airsoft GI, there is a tab where you can also add suggested merchandise like an extra battery, ammunition, a charger, etc. which are basic needs for a new player that are almost completely universal.

If you would like some guidance about the hobby for your son, I highly recommend directing him or yourself toward a forum where players can answer just about any technical question. Or go to the field and ask around. Otherwise, you will be completely lost if you go at it alone.
thevaliantx
Pawn

Postby thevaliantx » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 am

baklash 1337 wrote:You were clearly in the wrong for assuming that UPS would ship a 3-day package in 1.5 business days, and then blaming the vagueness of UPS' marketing strategy on Airsoft GI.

No, I'm not wrong. The order was placed Saturday, December 21st, and now it's Thursday December 26th. Since the order wasn't actually processed until Monday, December 23rd AirsoftGI should be refunding my shipping fee. A look at UPS' site shows that the order is scheduled to be delivered December 30th. How, on GOD's Earth, is that "3 DAY SELECT"? Tomorrow AirsoftGI will be officially a day late, and since it shows on the UPS site that the order was cancelled, and I have no sign of a refund into my checking account for the cost of the order and shipping that officially means that AirsoftGI has committed fraud. If this isn't resolved today, then the legal process to recover the funds will begin tomorrow.

baklash 1337 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, on the same page of nearly any replica gun sold by Airsoft GI, there is a tab where you can also add suggested merchandise like an extra battery, ammunition, a charger, etc. which are basic needs for a new player that are almost completely universal.

I see no such tab for guns I looked at on AirsoftGI.

baklash 1337 wrote:If you would like some guidance about the hobby for your son, I highly recommend directing him or yourself toward a forum where players can answer just about any technical question. Or go to the field and ask around. Otherwise, you will be completely lost if you go at it alone.

What sort of guidance do you think I would need? The 'rules' of convential Airsoft war games are rather simple to understand. A trigger is a trigger. FPS isn't difficult to comprehend, even for my seven year old son. All we are looking for is listings of compatible parts to any specific gun. A website selling this sort of stuff ought to be able to do that. It's database 101 type stuff, not difficult, but I got out of that field long ago.

EDIT: it appears that the order WAS scheduled for delivery, but was cancelled on December 23rd. Good luck to them.
thevaliantx
Pawn

Postby thevaliantx » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:22 am

So far I've found out by looking at the UPS website that the order was cancelled by AirsoftGI on December 23rd, the same they supposedly 'processed' the order. A recent email from AirsoftGI suggests the order should be here on December 30th, WELL AFTER the deadline of December26th (if you assume the order was processed on December 23rd). STAY AWAY from AirsoftGI. A complaint has already been filed with the BBB in San Jose, CA, and tomorrow (unless a refund is in my bank account by tonight, or they can prove the order has actually been shipped, in which case I would edit my complaint with the BBB) we will speak to an attorney in that area.
TheProphet
Pawn

Postby TheProphet » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:10 pm

So let's get this straight. You're expecting a business to ship on a Saturday, something NOONE else does, and are upset that it ships on the very next business day. It's not Airsoft GIs fault or UPSs fault that you waited to order it till it was far too late. You're an idiot. Grow the hell up and realize that you are the one who is wrong here.
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:31 pm

*Topic is being locked*

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We are looking into this matter.

Thank you for your contributions.

Return to “Airsoft GI Product Discussion”