G4-A1 Upgrading

Discussion of products we sell, special order possibilities and order information
RoccNRoll4
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

G4-A1 Upgrading

Postby RoccNRoll4 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey, I just recently got into airsoft about a year ago and this summer changed my primary to a G4-A1. I want to do some basic upgrades and change it to a CQB length gun, but I'm not too sure where to start (outer/inner barrel, motor, hop-up, etc). ASGI also never updated their website to say the G4 no longer came with a convertible outer barrel I thought was included so I just have the stock 14.5 inch one that came with. My G4 fires at about 384 fps and my fields require under 400. Any help on this would be awesome!
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance

Re: G4-A1 Upgrading

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 am

What length did you want to run your outer barrel & RIS unit?

Outside of getting a new inner barrel, outer barrel, and possibly a new RIS, that's about it for the conversion to cqb length.

If you're planning to move to cqb length, you'd might as well pick up an upgraded inner barrel. I'd probably recommend a new motor after that, since you'll see an immediate performance boost in both trigger response & rate of fire, but really, it'll be up to you.
RoccNRoll4
Pawn

Postby RoccNRoll4 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm keeping the 9'' Daniel Defense Rail, but I want to change the outer barrel to a 10 inch. I have no preference when it comes to flash hider or mock suppressor so my inner barrel length could vary.
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 am

In that case, there should be a good number of 10 - 10.5 inch barrels on the market. If you're gonna run a standard flash hider, you'll be running a 300mm inner barrel. If you want to keep your current barrel, you'll probably need a mock suppressor.

Here's some outer barrels off the top of my head:

JG:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=10263

Madbull:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7918

Unfortunately, most of the 10- 10.5 inch outer barrels on ASGI are sold out right now.
RoccNRoll4
Pawn

Postby RoccNRoll4 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Ok, awesome! I'll probably order the JG one because I'm still pretty new to the game and then find a flash hider and inner barrel on ASGI. Any good optics I should tryout? I already ordered a Magpul fore grip and FAB Def. mag well grip with Magpul ladder rail covers, but I think an optic would be good to have too. I appreciate the help.
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 am

Any of the NCstar or Aim Sports Optics should work well for you. One thing I like about these two companies is that they offer limited lifetime manufacturer warranties. I've had some of my customers have their lens shot out, and NC star straight up sent them a new optic.
TheProphet
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby TheProphet » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:54 pm

As far as internal upgrades, what's your budget?

There are a ton of different things you could do internally and I would definitely recommend doing them.

IIRC, the G4 series are built around G&G Combat Machines. In the CM, the electrical components and gears are rather weak compared to other guns in the price range. I would look at a Lonex Red (A1) motor first. This is their balanced motor, with a great balance between torque and speed that will do a lot of good for your ROF and trigger response. Next I would look into a rewire. After that, look into a gear set change. For a higher ROF/trigger response you'll want a lower ratio gear set. The standard ratio is 16:1, so you'll want to stick with those (get Lonex gears though), or look into 13:1 "high speed" gears. SHS and Core make good 13:1 gears. Modify also makes them but they are subpar in quality. Finally, your piston. The piston also plays a large role in the ROF and trigger response. Look into the SHS 15T or the Lonex Red. I personally use a Lonex Red and love it, you can get them prelightened (holes drilled in them, making for a lighter piston allowing for a higher ROF) for a rather cheap price over on Hivemind airsoft.
RoccNRoll4
Pawn

Postby RoccNRoll4 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Would even sending my gun into ASGI be good for upgrading it? They offer a Field internal upgrade kit to overhaul the gearbox. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1160
RoccNRoll4
Pawn

Postby RoccNRoll4 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 pm

And motor wise, were these what you were referring to?
Lonex Infinite Torque Motor:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=12468
Lonex Super Gear Set:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=14239
TheProphet
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby TheProphet » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Yes, those gears and that motor are what I was talking about. As far as sending your gun to get teched, no offense meant to the ASGI techs, but I would send it to an experienced tech that doesn't work for a major company as they generally have more time to dedicate to making sure everything is perfect, they'll usually help you with an upgrade list, and the personal service is usually much better.

Return to “Airsoft GI Product Discussion”