Thread of random content and happiness

Anything goes... within the forum rules
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Thread of random content and happiness

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Finally, after saving up for far too long, bought the world's most expensive bumper sticker, but at least it came with a free handgun :mrgreen:

I'm happy that I decided to check around. Going price in all the local stores was around $1100-1200, but after a good bit of looking I got it for $850 ($830 with free shipping and a $20 transfer fee at the local FFL). Now to get a holster for it. I've heard that the P30 Serpa fits it, so I'll likely be getting one of those. In the mean time, I'm off to make some Kydex mag carriers for the mags (No, I don't want to make a holster for it. I prefer an active retention holster over standard Kydex holsters).
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Native
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Native » Wed May 21, 2014 7:18 pm

**** blackhawk, nice.

Content: I just picked up a bunch of new gear since I now have the money to start playing airsoft again.

List:

Radio: Baofeng uv-5r with remote speaker and privacy earpiece
Vest: Picked up a $120 CIRAS for $79 shipped
Mags: Picked up box of 10 95rd MP5 midcaps

Lots and lots of patches.

also lost 10 lbs.
tylerflow wrote:That's almost as crazy as the RPK74 simply being an AK74 with a longer barrel.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Let me know what you think of that radio. I need to get a decent one for some bigger ops this summer.

So I shot the H&K today, and it's even better than I expected. The grip is textured just enough that you can get a very firm grip, but not so much that it hurts to hold like the FNX grip. Combined with the ergonomic contours it almost feels soft because it fits the hand so well.

That recoil though... I was shooting .45 ACP ball ammo, and it kicked like a low powered 9mm... :o :shock: :mrgreen: It's so easy to shoot and so comfortable, it made me look like a pro. Now if only I could find some .45 ammo for under $0.35 a round.

Photobucket is down now, but I'll get a shooting video up soon.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Native
Jeweled General

Postby Native » Thu May 22, 2014 7:15 am

blackhawk13 wrote:Let me know what you think of that radio. I need to get a decent one for some bigger ops this summer.

Will do, need to find some one else with a FRS / GMRS radio that I can test it out with. I messed with it a little last night and I love how you can tune by programmable channel or frequency. It also allows you to have two channels set up and flip between them with a button.
tylerflow wrote:That's almost as crazy as the RPK74 simply being an AK74 with a longer barrel.
snipeakid
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: huh

Postby snipeakid » Thu May 22, 2014 7:48 am

Looking into comms too. Still barely understand them, I hate how expensive headsets are, at least for anything decent. How do you like your mic so far?

Semapo NCPC being released next week, the temptation is strong.
Native
Jeweled General

Postby Native » Thu May 22, 2014 5:22 pm

snipeakid wrote:Looking into comms too. Still barely understand them, I hate how expensive headsets are, at least for anything decent. How do you like your mic so far?

Semapo NCPC being released next week, the temptation is strong.

Only the radio has come in, the mic and privacy earpiece are in the mail. Like you said headsets were too expensive for me. Even getting airsoft replica stuff would have cost me over $100, so I ended up going with these.

Also got another radio to test the new one out with. So far everything looks good about the BaoFeng. I mostly stick to frequency mode and tune into other channels that way instead of using channel mode (mainly due to the fact that channel mode doesn't match up with USA channel frequencies). I will most likely solve that by programming it with CHIRP.
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Mon May 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Just got my new multitool. Hooray.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:48 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:Just got my new multitool. Hooray.

Oh, what'd you get?

Content: LA Kings are up 3 games to 1 over the Blackhawks, and the Canadians are loosing 3 games to 1. Also went looking at cars today and saw a very nice Jeep Wrangler in granite grey/silver that I would love to have. It sucks that used Wranglers hold their value so well though. The brand new 2014 Wrangler sport with 6 miles was only $3k more than the 2011 Wrangler with all the same features and 22k miles...

Sort of content: Since I'm likely getting a new car soon, I have an excuse to build an emergency kit. I'll have to order some first aid supplies, but I realized I have way more stuff than I thought. I found a small hand cranked emergency radio, a ton of fire starting supplies, a decent knife and flashlight, and some glow sticks to put in the kit. Downside is that I'll have to spend money that I don't have on the first aid stuff.

Even more content: Noveske had a Memorial Day sale. I'm normally against the commercialization of holidays, but I was happy to get a free charging handle with my order. Funny part is that my order was for a different charging handle...
Follow my blog HERE
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Mon May 26, 2014 9:47 pm

blackhawk13 wrote:

Oh, what'd you get?

Gerber Diesel. Father got issued an MP600, and I can't recall a problem with that.

Also content: Found someone making a hard plastic version of the CP mask from HL2. Most cosplayers use soviet gas mask, but the in game mask is fiberglass. It looks brilliant, and he's working on making some extras too.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:
blackhawk13 wrote:

Oh, what'd you get?

Gerber Diesel. Father got issued an MP600, and I can't recall a problem with that.

Also content: Found someone making a hard plastic version of the CP mask from HL2. Most cosplayers use soviet gas mask, but the in game mask is fiberglass. It looks brilliant, and he's working on making some extras too.

Oh, nice. I have the MP600 that I bought off a Marine returning from deployment, and I love it. Took a bit to clean all the sand off, but it was the best $20 I ever spent.
Follow my blog HERE

Return to “Other off topic”