Thread of random content and happiness

Anything goes... within the forum rules
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Thread of random content and happiness

Postby blackhawk13 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:16 pm

cat61986 wrote:Blackhawk13, that's so cool!

Thanks. I follow him on Facebook, and he posted that he was selling some of those M3 P-mags (it says "Pray hard" on the other side) to raise some money for his camp. I messaged him asking if he would autograph it before he sent it out. I was happily surprised to get the signed card and stickers in addition to the mag. If you check out his page on Facebook he may still have a few. Best $30 I've ever spent/donated
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:01 am

I went to Monterey Car Week yesterday, brought my BMW E24 which was a conversation starter. One of the auction venues could only be viewed by bidders, but I got in because I knew the security guard working the door. Lots of cool stuff inside... Jaguar E-Types, 1st/2nd Gen Corvettes, Mustang Boss 429, Ferrari 410S, loads of '50/'60s/'70s Ferraris, Lamborghini Countach 25th Ann. Edition. The icing on the cake was the Ferrari F40. Another venue had a Ferrari 250GT going for $5,000,000. There were million-dollar cars everywhere you looked. I didn't go to Pebble Beach (because I was not going to pay for anything at all), but I swung by Carmel to check out the Porsche show. The parking was $10, but I managed to get in and park my car for free without anyone confronting me about it. They gave me free water too.
apoctank
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby apoctank » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Went to Fort Ord last saturday with my G&P Stoner 63, it was great. Baklash, do you go there?
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:19 pm

I realize how stupid this is going to sound, but somehow I'm surprised that you don't look like your profile picture...

Content: I have had a few days of good weather here, so I get to have a few days of driving my Jeep with no doors or roof before I return to college. I'm going to miss going topless all winter. :mrgreen:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 am

apoctank wrote:Went to Fort Ord last saturday with my G&P Stoner 63, it was great. Baklash, do you go there?

Nah, I quit. Sold all my stuff. I live 10 minutes away so I'm over there often, either hiking, doing photography, or urban exploring. Just overall a really good area to visit if you want some peace and privacy. I've checked out the field during a weekday and it seemed legit. I'm leaving the area next week anyway. If I had prior knowledge of you being around I woulda invited you to have a beer or six :P

I've been thinking that I might want to get back into airsoft once I get a career in my field of study nailed down. Then with such a grand disposable income, I could buy whatever the hell I want (stupid-expensive HPA builds are calling my name). This, of course, will have to come second after my new money-burning hobby which will probably involve me buying a Ford Focus ST or BRZ/FR-S (or other inexpensive and reliable fast car) as a daily driver/autocross car. Then there's the infinite money pit of off-road motorsports I've been thinking about. There's been some serious minor-league rally victories going on with the drivers of modified RWD Ford Rangers :idea: If I ever get married, my wife is going to kill me.

Oh yeah, and I still have that '86 BMW 6-series that I'm desperately trying to sell. If you know anyone in the Bay Area looking for a project, this is the real deal.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm

So, nobody has been posting here for a while... I'm disappointed, I'm finally back at school with a ton of time to waste, and there aren't any interesting new posts to read...

Anyway, here's some comments from Facebook that I thought were funny:

Guy #1 wrote:This is horrible and sick: (link titled "Israeli snipers shoot children for fun")

Guy #2 wrote:Actually, you can't even see the targets clearly, so there's no way to know if they are children. And try doing some research. I found this story online and they were rubber bullets.

Guy #3 wrote:You really need to stop believing everything you read online

Guy #1 wrote:War is horrible. What has it ever accomplished other than death?

Guy #2 wrote:Peace

Guy #2 wrote:And ending genocide

Guy #2 wrote:And stopping dictatorships

Guy #2 wrote:And stopping evil from advancing

Guy #2 wrote:And forging our country where you can spew your failed ideas
Follow my blog HERE
snipeakid
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: huh

Postby snipeakid » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:45 pm

+1

I've had to stop looking at comments on political discussions lately, can't stand it.

Having calc and stats first thing in the morning is great. :|
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Politics are toxic right now. I don't even know where to begin how scatterbrained friends/family/acquaintances have been lately because of the news.

Anyway, been living in Washington for over a week now. Went to my school's orientation, made two friends and several acquaintances. Got a laptop, but the only available internet out here is satellite. Filled-in a door in my room, re-textured it and painted the room. Carpet gets installed today and I get to finally move in all my stuff :mrgreen: Tired of sleeping on a mattress wrapped in plastic with a sleeping bag. I'm going to ask the landlady if I can dig a backstop on her property to shoot muh guns. Went to Cabela's last week and checked out a Ruger .357/.38 six-shooter which I am a big fan of. I may have a job lined up at Burger King as well. School starts on the 30th. THIS IS GETTING PRETTY EXCITING.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:38 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:Anyway, been living in Washington for over a week now. Went to my school's orientation, made two friends and several acquaintances. Got a laptop, but the only available internet out here is satellite. Filled-in a door in my room, re-textured it and painted the room. Carpet gets installed today and I get to finally move in all my stuff :mrgreen: Tired of sleeping on a mattress wrapped in plastic with a sleeping bag. I'm going to ask the landlady if I can dig a backstop on her property to shoot muh guns. Went to Cabela's last week and checked out a Ruger .357/.38 six-shooter which I am a big fan of. I may have a job lined up at Burger King as well. School starts on the 30th. THIS IS GETTING PRETTY EXCITING.

Good for you man, glad to hear the move went/is going well. As for the Ruger, let me know how you like it if you do get it. All the Rugers that I've shot have been very nice guns (Mini-14 and a few semi-auto handguns). They feel like a stupidly high quality for the price, and I'd be curious to see if their revolvers are the same.

Content: Had to write my first history paper in almost two and a half years (and the first one of college), and I was able to write about the machine gun. This "History of Technology" class might not be that bad after all.
Follow my blog HERE
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:31 pm

I'm just gonna give y'all a summary of the last four months of my life.

Get hired by Oregon Department of Forestry mid-June, 300 miles from home. "Can you be here in three days"

Meet nice girl before leaving

Move 300 miles with nothing but the Ninja and a backpack. ODF provides me housing in a guard station.

Go home to see nice girl twice, ask her if I can take her on a date when I get home, she says yes.

Fight fire lots.

Buy an OD Kershaw leek, rainbow Kershaw leek, black Kershaw scallion, Damascus Kershaw scallion, and leatherman charge tti in a one week period.

Get to ride in a helicopter, greatest experience ever.

Get hired by EWU climbing wall, have to be back Sept 19 for training.

Now.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it

Return to “Other off topic”