Thread of random discontent

Anything goes... within the forum rules
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Thread of random discontent

Postby Renengan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:28 pm

timbuktoo wrote:that really sucks man. i know if that happened to my car I would be pi$$ed. is the insurance going to fix it or replace it?

Neither. It was totalled so I am getting around $7000 for salvage. I am probably going to use it to put a down payment on a new one. Did I forget to mention it was 100% payed off? FML...
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Renengan wrote:Condolences accepted.

She didn't leave the scene because we initially thought it was my fault. Turns out we were wrong. Luckily this won't go on my record as long as I go to driving school tomorrow for 5 hours and pay $250... My insurance won't go up thankfully and I get about 75% of what I bought my car for so I can just put a down payment on a new one. It still sucks that my car is gone though. I loved the hell out of that thing. It was a 2001 3 series manual coupe... I just got new tires on it too...

Shouldn't go on your record at all. Wasn't your fault.

Why do you have to go to driving school if you weren't at fault?

Mine was 7 hours and $124, just did it today, wasn't bad.

Tires looked fine. Pull 'em and put them on the new car.

Protip #1: Never apologize when you've been in a crash, it will be considered an admission of guilt and can be used in court against you.

Protip #2 (unrelated): Never say a word to cops without a lawyer, "What am I being charged with" and "I want a lawyer" are the only two things to come out of your mouth when you're in sh*t. I have a firefighting buddy who spent 8 years in prison for defending himself. He disabled an attacker, called EMS, waited for EMS to arrive, and was arrested. Dude later died. He called witnesses to the stand who testified in his favor but the cop saw it differently.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:19 pm

The report still says it's my fault. I have to go to court to change it which I don't really want to do at the moment because it would just make a mess of things. The only reason why it is my fault was because of my inability to pay attention to detail under stress. I was too shooken up to instantly piece together the situation. I apologized for the lady injuring her knee, but, like you said, that was a mistake and could have been handled later. The cops saw it as me taking a left and the lady having the right of way. I was unable to recall details untill the next day. The way I see it, I deserve my situation because of my flaws in handling the situation. I appreciate the advice, I will remember what you said if a situation like this should ever arise again.

blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:23 pm

So my mother suddenly has an interest in documentaries about third world countries, and has decided that since she *bought* me my xbox several years ago, she owns everything relating to it. Apparently the fact that I pay for my own Xbox live, have bought my own controllers, etc. mean nothing to her, so she can claim full ownership and use it whenever she wants to watch netflix documentaries. Now I'm stuck in my overly hot (no AC or anything similar) living room that smells like sh*t because of the stuff she spent all day cooking, bored and feeling like sh*t because my parents spent the last two hours blaming me for everything that has or could go wrong today. Meanwhile my parents are enjoying watching movies on my xbox in the cool of my basement (it's 15-20 degrees cooler in my basement), and only coming up to burn popcorn and make the rest of the house smell even worse.

*Note: I use the word bought very loosely. My parents used American Express reward points to get the most basic xbox they could get for free. They paid nothing for it, and combined with me paying for half the stuff with it (Xbox live, hard drive, etc.) just pisses me off when they say it's theirs. They also gave it to me.

Edit: So now it turns out that I can't even make myself some dinner because my mother just cleaned the stove. It's not like she's going to screw it up when she cooks everything tomorrow anyway (She's having a party for her coworkers).
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Renengan wrote:The report still says it's my fault. I have to go to court to change it which I don't really want to do at the moment because it would just make a mess of things. The only reason why it is my fault was because of my inability to pay attention to detail under stress. I was too shooken up to instantly piece together the situation. I apologized for the lady injuring her knee, but, like you said, that was a mistake and could have been handled later. The cops saw it as me taking a left and the lady having the right of way. I was unable to recall details untill the next day. The way I see it, I deserve my situation because of my flaws in handling the situation. I appreciate the advice, I will remember what you said if a situation like this should ever arise again.

Who gives a f*ck if it makes it a mess, it's like a $4000 difference. If you need to take it to court and say you were under duress. Don't just let this sh*t slide and let people like her WHO WOULD HAVE KILLED A MOTORCYCLIST LIKE ME IN THIS SCENARIO get away with it.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 am

Renengan wrote:I apologized for the lady injuring her knee

Well there's your problem. She injured her own knee, and you don't need to apologize for something you did not do. When you take it to court (that's right, WHEN), you can mention that you were in disarray following the accident... It's a shame you don't have the liberty to sue the pants off of the other driver since she was driving uninsured.
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Went to driving school today. The teacher was a part time comedian so the class itself was exceptional. I learned that in Arizona, if I get hit taking a left, even with an arrow, both parties are at fault. I failed to yield to oncoming traffic and she failed to stop to a red light. Even if I brought it to court I wouldn't get anything out of it. I would just be giving her a ticket. At the end of the day, my car is destroyed, my insurance isn't going up, no one is injured, and it isn't going on my record because of my class today. Hopefully this will deter her from running red lights, speeding, or driving without insurance again.

blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Renengan wrote:Hopefully this will deter her from running red lights, speeding, or driving without insurance again.

Yeah, I bet it will... :lol:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:57 am

System, along with my old email, are compromised.
FFS.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=489010654507321&set=a.148976425177414.38312.118935728181484&type=1&ref=nf
Anyone want to guess what upper I got for my real steel AR? I feel like it's going to change from "Oh, you have the COD gun" into "oh, you have the PTW gun" now...

In other news, I finally found the ZT 770 CF available for pre-order... Two days after I spent most of my money on other stuff...
Follow my blog HERE

Return to “Other off topic”