Thread of random discontent

Anything goes... within the forum rules
Airsoftman1
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yup

Re: Thread of random discontent

Postby Airsoftman1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 am

Johnny SCARface wrote:Finding a bass player will be kind of hard though. all the musicians I know, including myself, play some bass, but they all play guitar as their main instrument. :lol: :roll:

Just ask a guitarist to play bass, most guitarists will do it if they get to perform and stuff. ;) However, if you run into those guys that have the "I'm too good to play bass" attitude, then my advice would be for either you to play bass or buy one and teach someone else to play. It's a little hard to find a musician that only plays one instrument so if you guys really felt it a burden to play bass, you could just get yourself two guitarists and switch off every other gig (that's what I did in my last band, it was going great until the drama between the drummer and the lead guitarist kicked in :roll: )
ARMORY
Agile AL-3100
Marshall JCM-2000 + Marshall JCM Cab
JG M733 Enhanced
VFC M4 (not sure which one it started out as)
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:20 am

snipeakid wrote:Snow, and this weather in general. I hate it, I have officially gave up on making any sense of it, and have chosen to blame black magic.

Yeah, I wasn't happy to wake up to a half inch of solid ice today. I know I live in New England and should expect absurd weather, but I really thought we were past the "sudden and unexpected massive hail storm" thing by this time of the year. :roll:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: wtf

Postby Johnny SCARface » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:55 am

Airsoftman1 wrote:
Johnny SCARface wrote:Finding a bass player will be kind of hard though. all the musicians I know, including myself, play some bass, but they all play guitar as their main instrument. :lol: :roll:

Just ask a guitarist to play bass, most guitarists will do it if they get to perform and stuff. ;) However, if you run into those guys that have the "I'm too good to play bass" attitude, then my advice would be for either you to play bass or buy one and teach someone else to play. It's a little hard to find a musician that only plays one instrument so if you guys really felt it a burden to play bass, you could just get yourself two guitarists and switch off every other gig (that's what I did in my last band, it was going great until the drama between the drummer and the lead guitarist kicked in :roll: )

good point.

And drama.........man Id quit a band over drama.

Gene Simmons wrote: A band needs to be like the four legs on a tale, and the four wheels on a car. Everyone's gotta hold up their end, No one can expect others to always make up for their shortcomings.
Primary: JG M4 S-System Enhanced (Working a sick battery mod!!)
Secondary: H&K USP45 CO2 NBB (Broken now :evil: )
timbuktoo wrote:are you kidding it totally exists. james bond had one. :twisted:

link236 wrote:We're really not "ASGI" lovers on this forum. We're just like any other airsoft forum, but we happened to be called the "ASGI forums."
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

This morning after my 8am class I was trying to sleep because my stupid roommate's phone kept ringing at 1:30am and he wouldn't shut it off. Then he got back from class and went on a 10 minute rant about how he has to watch a stupid show on Netflix because he already watched all the good shows and this is the only show left for him, but it sucks and it isn't funny and he's bored with it but has to watch it anyway. Then he spent the next hour and a half laughing his ass off so loud that I got a headache. Apparently the show he "had" to watch isn't that bad...

Only two more weeks of this BS.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 am

Airsoftman1 wrote:

Just ask a guitarist to play bass, most guitarists will do it if they get to perform and stuff. ;) However, if you run into those guys that have the "I'm too good to play bass" attitude, then my advice would be for either you to play bass or buy one and teach someone else to play.

I think the reason why people guitarists don't want to play bass is because their imagination isn't good enough to make decent music on one, and the fact that bass is usually a rhythmic or backing role. What musicians need to realize is that it doesn't HAVE to be. When I saw Truckfighters last month in San Francisco, the bassist/vocalist had a great deal of pedals to use when switching from chorus, verse, breakdown, and solos to give a fitting sound to each. Most of his distortions lit up the noise of his bass to give it more of a guitar-like sound, while the guitarist's distortions gave his instrument more of a booming, bass-ey, and ridiculously fuzzy sound. The end result allows the guitarist to play chords as a rhythmic role without needing a bass to sound chunky, and the bassist to fill in with intricate riffs...OR the exact opposite where the bassist could deliver heaviness on his lonesome. The bassist's guitar (I think) was tuned to an open chord because he would often bar the frets and go to work with a pick during the chorus. Distortion is your friend. Just food for thought.

I've been playing guitar for a little over a year now, and I DO like it better than bass, but I'm just not skilled enough to play it as a main role. Vocals are king though.

Then I've got this Fender Bassman 50 amp head that's in amazing working condition, hooked up to the original cab speaker (which fell off the bed of my truck) that's badly damaged. My dad owns the amp, but I think I'm gonna buy it off him, throw out the cab, buy a new one, and bring it with me to WA.
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon

Postby Johnny SCARface » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:
Airsoftman1 wrote:

Just ask a guitarist to play bass, most guitarists will do it if they get to perform and stuff. ;) However, if you run into those guys that have the "I'm too good to play bass" attitude, then my advice would be for either you to play bass or buy one and teach someone else to play.

I think the reason why people guitarists don't want to play bass is because their imagination isn't good enough to make decent music on one, and the fact that bass is usually a rhythmic or backing role. What musicians need to realize is that it doesn't HAVE to be. When I saw Truckfighters last month in San Francisco, the bassist/vocalist had a great deal of pedals to use when switching from chorus, verse, breakdown, and solos to give a fitting sound to each. Most of his distortions lit up the noise of his bass to give it more of a guitar-like sound, while the guitarist's distortions gave his instrument more of a booming, bass-ey, and ridiculously fuzzy sound. The end result allows the guitarist to play chords as a rhythmic role without needing a bass to sound chunky, and the bassist to fill in with intricate riffs...OR the exact opposite where the bassist could deliver heaviness on his lonesome. The bassist's guitar (I think) was tuned to an open chord because he would often bar the frets and go to work with a pick during the chorus. Distortion is your friend. Just food for thought.

I've been playing guitar for a little over a year now, and I DO like it better than bass, but I'm just not skilled enough to play it as a main role. Vocals are king though.

Then I've got this Fender Bassman 50 amp head that's in amazing working condition, hooked up to the original cab speaker (which fell off the bed of my truck) that's badly damaged. My dad owns the amp, but I think I'm gonna buy it off him, throw out the cab, buy a new one, and bring it with me to WA.

I started playing as the "Emergency" when the last bass player for my church Youth Group moved away. Ive actually come to enjoy the instrument a lot. I have to use a Pick though, because I tore my fingertips apart on the old strings. Middle finger still scarred.
timbuktoo wrote:are you kidding it totally exists. james bond had one. :twisted:

link236 wrote:We're really not "ASGI" lovers on this forum. We're just like any other airsoft forum, but we happened to be called the "ASGI forums."
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Johnny SCARface wrote:I started playing as the "Emergency" when the last bass player for my church Youth Group moved away. Ive actually come to enjoy the instrument a lot. I have to use a Pick though, because I tore my fingertips apart on the old strings. Middle finger still scarred.

I've been playing for over 5 years now, and my fingers still get blisters if I play enough. If you are developing irritation or sores on your fingertips and need an emergency method to continue playing, apply super glue to them.

EDIT:

Alright, so I went to play some music at a friend's house yesterday evening, which is deep inside the most ghetto part of town. We were playing outside and the whole neighborhood could easily hear us. A few hours after me and another guy packed out and left, I was told that a couple gangsters were just standing around in his front yard, INSIDE his gate. My friend went outside and flashed a real-looking airsoft gun at the two guys and said that he was gonna shoot them if they didn't leave (this guy used to be a drug dealer gangster years ago). They scattered. He figured they were there probably to try to steal our instruments and amps that they heard earlier. Then he told me that there were four shooting in that neighborhood a couple weeks back. One was when some gunmen shot under a garage door at a couple watching TV. Another was when masked gunmen crashed a party next door and shot the place up. So I'm worried that the gangsters from last night will come back when we are playing music or something.
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon

Postby Johnny SCARface » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:
Johnny SCARface wrote:I started playing as the "Emergency" when the last bass player for my church Youth Group moved away. Ive actually come to enjoy the instrument a lot. I have to use a Pick though, because I tore my fingertips apart on the old strings. Middle finger still scarred.

I've been playing for over 5 years now, and my fingers still get blisters if I play enough. If you are developing irritation or sores on your fingertips and need an emergency method to continue playing, apply super glue to them.

EDIT:

Alright, so I went to play some music at a friend's house yesterday evening, which is deep inside the most ghetto part of town. We were playing outside and the whole neighborhood could easily hear us. A few hours after me and another guy packed out and left, I was told that a couple gangsters were just standing around in his front yard, INSIDE his gate. My friend went outside and flashed a real-looking airsoft gun at the two guys and said that he was gonna shoot them if they didn't leave (this guy used to be a drug dealer gangster years ago). They scattered. He figured they were there probably to try to steal our instruments and amps that they heard earlier. Then he told me that there were four shooting in that neighborhood a couple weeks back. One was when some gunmen shot under a garage door at a couple watching TV. Another was when masked gunmen crashed a party next door and shot the place up. So I'm worried that the gangsters from last night will come back when we are playing music or something.

Superglue was recommended to me too.

And yeah....don't play there anymore.

blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 pm

So some friends and I found an open (not unlocked, but propped open) door to my college's old gym that is in the process of being gutted and rebuilt as a "project center" so we decided to take a look inside. There was a sign on the door saying Students and faculty only, no soliciting, so we figured it would be fine to take a look. After all, the door was already open and we had seen other people in and out all the time (mostly workers for the remodeling, but a few looked like students). After a few minutes inside the police showed up to respond to a fire alarm going off (it was faulty, we didn't set it off). We are accused of multiple crimes, threatened and told they will press charges for breaking and entering, mocked and cut off when trying to explain what we were doing (responding to their question of why we were there), and twice we are called retarded for wanting to look at the history of our school. As soon as they heard one of us mention "our school" they lost it and started ranting about how it isn't our school, that we could be arrested for this, etc.

Looked it up and not only was it not "breaking and entering," it wasn't "entering without breaking" due to the fact that we didn't intend to commit a felony while there. Not only were we insulted, mocked, and called retarded by these so called "professionals," but we were also blatantly lied to about the definition of a law. There goes my respect for the campus police at my school. As soon as the report is closed, I may file a complaint against the two officers that started it all (there were five there, three were professional and respectful, but two acted like a 12 year old that just lost a COD game). I'm also really tempted to start #ourschool just to piss off some people. We'll see...

Edit: Oh, and they never bothered to address the open door issue or the fact that it isn't posted that the building is supposedly closed. As far as I know we could still go back there if we wanted to. Way to solve the problem there guys...
Follow my blog HERE
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Thu May 01, 2014 1:13 pm

As soon as cops show up I shut up and lawyer up.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it

Return to “Other off topic”