Thread of random discontent

Anything goes... within the forum rules
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Re: Thread of random discontent

Postby Jonas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Girlfriend broke up with me. Wants to live her life for herself and not for us.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: wtf

Postby Johnny SCARface » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Discontent: no time for airsoft.

More discontent: Got banned from The Comment board on yet another website. "wrong place wrong time" deal. f*ck
Primary: JG M4 S-System Enhanced (Working a sick battery mod!!)
Secondary: H&K USP45 CO2 NBB (Broken now :evil: )
timbuktoo wrote:are you kidding it totally exists. james bond had one. :twisted:

link236 wrote:We're really not "ASGI" lovers on this forum. We're just like any other airsoft forum, but we happened to be called the "ASGI forums."
Airsoftman1
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yup

Postby Airsoftman1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 pm

DISCONTENT: Getting to the point where having three jobs is literally killing me.. Hardwood floors one day, Taco Bell the next, and then the local skating rink the next. I work the Hardwood until 5PM and then go to either of those jobs at 6PM and work until closing time (11-12) then repeat. I definitely need to talk to my parents about their idea for me to save up for a mission, I want to go, but I don't want to kill myself trying to save up $10k... This really needs to end :x
ARMORY
Agile AL-3100
Marshall JCM-2000 + Marshall JCM Cab
JG M733 Enhanced
VFC M4 (not sure which one it started out as)
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Airsoftman1 wrote:save up for a mission

What do you mean "mission?"

Discontent: I work at a pool store doing service calls (openings, cleanings, repairs, etc.). The place has been a pool store for 15+ years, but has only been owned by the current family of owners for 2-3 years. Now the owner wants me to work an additional day every week "helping with the landscaping." The problem is, "helping" really means doing everything, and nobody has done any yard work around the store in at least three years. One day when there were no service calls I was told to go take out some weeds. I spent eight solid hours in 90 degree heat and 95% humidity, removing weeds that were taller than I was. And the owner had something against me having actual tools for the job. He wanted me to clear a grassy patch of dirt by hand picking the blades of grass... No weed spray, no weed whacker, just a rake and a shovel.

I like my job. I'm a Chemistry major working at a place where I'm surrounded by chemicals. But if I wanted to pick weeds all summer I would have worked with my brother in law and gotten paid twice as much per hour.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Airsoftman1
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yup

Postby Airsoftman1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:19 pm

blackhawk13 wrote:

Have you ever heard of The LDS Church? (AKA Mormonism) Well, basically what happens is when a boy turns 18 or a girl turns 19, they can choose (99% of them do so it's a lot of pressure) to serve a "mission" for the church, where they are sent to a certain location in the world with other missionaries like them so that they can go teach people about the gospel (The Book of Mormon, The Bible, ect.). Each of these missions cost $10,000 (there is help for those who cannot afford one), they are two years long, and require a lot of self-sacrifice for what you believe in. I'm not saying this doesn't sound silly, but those men and women go through a lot for their beliefs
ARMORY
Agile AL-3100
Marshall JCM-2000 + Marshall JCM Cab
JG M733 Enhanced
VFC M4 (not sure which one it started out as)
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Airsoftman1 wrote:
blackhawk13 wrote:

Have you ever heard of The LDS Church? (AKA Mormonism) Well, basically what happens is when a boy turns 18 or a girl turns 19, they can choose (99% of them do so it's a lot of pressure) to serve a "mission" for the church, where they are sent to a certain location in the world with other missionaries like them so that they can go teach people about the gospel (The Book of Mormon, The Bible, ect.). Each of these missions cost $10,000 (there is help for those who cannot afford one), they are two years long, and require a lot of self-sacrifice for what you believe in. I'm not saying this doesn't sound silly, but those men and women go through a lot for their beliefs

Oh, so a church/religious mission. I've known quite a few people who have done them (not LDS, but similar idea, just for a few months instead of years). That makes sense. Well, good luck saving up, and good luck if you do go.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:22 am

I am getting extreme anxiety from the thought of moving away from my two best friends. I don't really know what to think about my decision to further my education now. I've always thought that destroying connections between you and others for the sake of fiscal security was evil, but now I find myself doing just that. Since I'm moving to Yakima (on a very odd school schedule), one friend is moving to Humboldt, and the other friend is staying here in Salinas, I
don't think we'll get to hang out except for around Christmas time... When I start a career, I could move as far as Alaska or the East Coast, just wherever there's a job for industrial automation. I'm probably going to end up like my dad. He hasn't seen any of his friends in decades, and it's really sad in my opinion.

Airsoftman1 wrote:
blackhawk13 wrote:

I'm not religious all, but a thing like that is really good for your mental development regardless. Meeting new people and learning from them can help you figure out what you want for the rest of your life. And if you really want to do this mission, don't let anything hold you back because you'll only feel regret.

Also, being unemployed is boring :P
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Just watched Mythbusters and they said next season will only be Adam and Jamie, no more of the other three people on the show. Now I'm more sad, on top of that "Summer is ending and I didn't do a thing the past three months" feeling that I already had.

Discontent: Went to a local gun store for a magazine for my HK45. Guy notices the college shirt I'm wearing, and asks if I go to school there, because the school is in Massachusetts. I say yes, but I live in New Hampshire, so I don't have to worry about Mass gun laws for the magazine (even though it's a 10 round mag, and perfectly legal in that state). I'm again asked where I live, "informed" I need to show NH ID to buy the magazine, and then condescendingly told that I'm not allowed to bring it back into Mass. Turns out that they didn't even have the magazine in stock, but if they did it would be $70 - $10 over the MSRP and $15-20 over what most retail stores actually sell them for.

I love it when angry old guys assume that I'm some clueless idiot with guns, and then act like they know everything.
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:01 am

Just an update on what's going on up with my life right now...

I haven't taken a genuine math class in four years (I was a complete slacker in high school on top of that), and I'm struggling with my current education. I have an A- in the program with one of the highest grades in the class, but that's solely because I do well on tests. Got hired on at Costco, so I'm not going to be able to return to CA until February or later which is awful since I'll be spending Christmas and Thanksgiving up here. My BMW still hasn't sold, so I'm probably going to end up driving it up here. 17 hour trip in a car with no heater. Hooray. The power steering went out on my Ranger, blew a hose, got it fixed. I can hear the fluid pump making bad noises and my power steering is slowly dying.

The landlady is weird. She salvaged some siding from a restaurant being torn down and wants to use it as flooring. The problem is that the siding is made of cedar, and it's common knowledge that you cannot use softwood as a floor. Three people, including myself, have told her you cannot use it as flooring. I am being expected to help install it. I predict that as soon as it's installed it will be torn out by me and replaced with ACTUAL flooring that I will also have to install. And I'm the only person around that she can talk to, which is annoying. I found a place closer to the school, work, and across the street from my friend's house that I'm probably going to move into.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Wait, so you're going to install wood floors, rip it out, and then put in real hardwood floors? Um... ok.

Discontent: Two of the people I share my college apartment with have friends over a lot, and they are never quiet. Last week I was kept up until 7am by their screaming at some video game. Now two of their friends took over the living room to play some card game (some magic/fantasy game, not poker or anything like that), but the people who actually live here that are their friends are nowhere to be seen. I've also gone downstairs some mornings to find complete strangers sleeping on our sofa, complete with pillow and blankets. These guys get way to comfortable here, and they keep me up all hours of the night. This needs to stop. I can't really be falling asleep in the middle of a lab where we are working with hazardous chemicals...

Also, why did I take a philosophy class? I can deal with chemical thermodynamics, organic chemistry, and multivariable calculus, but I really don't care about philosophy. Stupid tech school humanities requirements. If only they had told us about that before I decided to go here.
Follow my blog HERE

Return to “Other off topic”