Anything goes... within the forum rules
apoctank
Gold General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: The Movie Thread

Postby apoctank » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 am

Saw it in theaters. Pretty friekin scary, but the ending sort of sucked :|
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: wtf

Postby Johnny SCARface » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:46 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:I streamed "Mama" with my buddy online. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't bad either. Screenplay and acting had some substance, and it was a great movie until near the end when it just got confusing. Thankfully, it wasn't very predictable either, but in a way that it won't really make much sense until you either watch it again or discuss it with someone. The first half of the movie is mysteriously creepy, but by the time you're two-thirds in, it produces downright scary sequences non-stop. Ultimately, it left me pretty satisfied and unwilling to ever adopt a child.

I give "Mama" a thumbs up. Go watch it when it comes out on DVD or Netflix.

****SPOILERS****
When it flashed back to when Mama seized her child from the nuns, did it seem to any of you that she had some kind of supernatural or demonic powers while she was a human? I mean, when she stabbed the nun with the railroad spike, the wound turned black. Then the baby's face turned black when Mama touched it before she dove off the cliff. Not to mention that Mama was also very deformed and disgusting looking to begin with, as seen in the flashback.

now why would anyone pay hard-earned money just to be scared frikin witless? :|

Wreck-it Ralph was awesome. 5 Stars. :ugeek:

it shoulda been best picture.

Best actor goes to Seth McFarlane for making a donkeys rear out of himself on the most shining and redeemable night of his life. :mrgreen:
Primary: JG M4 S-System Enhanced (Working a sick battery mod!!)
Secondary: H&K USP45 CO2 NBB (Broken now :evil: )
timbuktoo wrote:are you kidding it totally exists. james bond had one. :twisted:

link236 wrote:We're really not "ASGI" lovers on this forum. We're just like any other airsoft forum, but we happened to be called the "ASGI forums."
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:00 am

Olympus has fallen. And it was a little disappointing. Gerard Butler was a badass as usual, and a lot of the CQB action was pretty entertaining. However, most of the large scale scenes were ridiculously over the top and unrealistic, like the C-130 that magically sprouts 4 auto tracking miniguns with seemingly unlimited ammo, or the SAM sites built into the white house. Also, intervals, intervals, intervals. Among other things. Overall it was entertaining, and worth it since I didn't have to pay for my ticket :lol:
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
TimmyM56
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby TimmyM56 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:40 pm

I actually wanted to see Olympus Has Fallen, I heard it has a lot of action and is better than the new Die Hard movie.
My Guns: King Arms Colt M4A1 / KJW M1911 Tac.

bishopMP
Silver General

Postby bishopMP » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 am

I really enjoyed 'Olympus Has Fallen', due to I went in knowing it was going to be 'action-movie-over-the-top' action....at least in their telling of how the WH was taken. Aside from that, and ALL the American military/security forces no better than mindless cannon fodder bots....it was enjoyable.

Side note; For those that saw it already - I think it would of been cooler if Morgan Freeman was the Pres. and Aaron Eckhart was the Speaker. I think having the old and experienced guy as Pres. and the young and inexperienced guy calling the tough shots, would of made for more character development with the hardships the roles proposed.

SPOLIER:
By having the young fit guy locked up in the bunker and the old (experienced looking) guy making hard decisions (he made it look easy - its Morgan freaking Freeman!), it just didn't seem like they were strained enough for the situation.
"MIL-SIM: Adapt, and complain about it."
-bishopMP
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Watched Killing Them Softly.
Bleh.
Too long, and drawn out for me. Also went on some odd sex tangents that I didn't care for. When Brad Pitt shot the guy in the car, was that a Tokarev? I didn't look too closely, but the shells caught my eye real quick.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
TimmyM56
Dragoon

Postby TimmyM56 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:50 pm

So I just saw G.I. Joe Retaliation, pretty good, it was plentiful with action and gunplay, and had an interesting story. I was thoroughly entertained the entire time. I would suggest it to everyone if you like action movies.

Not really a spoiler, but at the government dinner party, Lady Jaye, oh lord, god d*mn she was fine.

Ironclad
Pawn

Postby Ironclad » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:32 pm

In regards to Timmys comment on G.I Joe Retaliation, all I can say is.. Mhmm.. I agree. Oh lord, dang she was fine indeed.
"The thing everyone is scared of about Hell isn't the pain or stench but that it last forever...Just like me. So welcome to Hell." Come and get some!!
boredgunner
Panzer Dragoon

Postby boredgunner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 pm

apoctank wrote:Olympus has fallen. And it was a little disappointing. Gerard Butler was a badass as usual, and a lot of the CQB action was pretty entertaining. However, most of the large scale scenes were ridiculously over the top and unrealistic, like the C-130 that magically sprouts 4 auto tracking miniguns with seemingly unlimited ammo, or the SAM sites built into the white house. Also, intervals, intervals, intervals. Among other things. Overall it was entertaining, and worth it since I didn't have to pay for my ticket :lol:

The trailers make it look like a Call of Duty movie.
All-American Airsoft Armory

A&K MK43 Mod 0
ICS M4A1 R.A.S. (lightly upgraded) - see my review
Wei-E Tech Dragon II Silver - Stock
Wei-E Tech Baby Hi-Capa 3.8 Silver - Stock

Dream Gun: Inokatsu MK43 Mod 1

Eric wrote:
APS might as well stand for "A Piece of Sh*t".
TimmyM56
Dragoon

Postby TimmyM56 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 am

So I just watched the movie Bully. Well, that hit close to home. I believe I can say that everyone was or is bullied at one point in their life and it sucks. This movie really shows that the school system in general doesn't care about it, and that's what's causing all this to happen. Personally, I believe everyone should watch it, it will make you feel emotional and open your eyes to what happens everyday to kids.

Also, the part with the kid who's best friend died, and how he is crying at the casket, I was tearing up there.

And yes, this is important to me. I have a younger sister who I know get's bullied and there is nothing I can do about it when I'm 16 and she's 9. But, believe me, if anything serious happens to her, I will gladly serve any jail time or whatever and I will personally "deal" with them.

Return to “Other off topic”