Thread of Random Thoughts

Anything goes... within the forum rules
Eric
Silver General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Nah

Thread of Random Thoughts

Postby Eric » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 am

This thread will be for things that fit neither in the content nor discontent thread, but instead are just general statements, or stray things you've been pondering, like:

I think I'm going to start rewinding my fried or otherwise messed up AEG motors. Doing that would save me a lot of money, and it'd be a useful thing to be able to do. I've already got at least four mangled Neodymium motors that if I rewound would allow me to not have to buy any more, have a great motor again, while also being able to avoid the ACM lottery. Then there's countless other ferrous and dry magnet motors I could experiment on... I'm looking at you, fried G&P M120's....

Cat/Faden, if there's any problem with this thread or if it's too similar to the Content/Discontent thread, feel free to delete or lock it, I suppose. There have been several times where I figured a thread like this would be useful though, and while I'm stuck in Misery, whoops Missouri, sorry, I figured now would be a good time to type it up instead of just continuously sharpening, stropping, and polishing my knife.
Currently on the cutting edge of cocking about
FuzzyDicePimp
Knight
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Thread of Random Thoughts

Postby FuzzyDicePimp » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:30 am

I've got plenty of random thoughts, if this thread flies with the mods than I might have to restrain myself from posting in it too much.

Random thought: I wrapped up one of my Airsoft guns (an MP5) with Christmas wrapping paper for a video I was going to use it as a prop in (scrapped that video) and now it's just sitting on my desk looking silly. I think I might just leave it wrapped up and looking festive since I never use it anyway, and until I do need to use it might as well have it looking silly. Will probably leave it like that well into next year just because.

Another random thought: I was making a line of empty glass Holiday 2011 Coke bottles across my desk (ten there right now) and started running low on fresh ones. Went to the market and can't find the Holiday bottles anywhere, but did pick up regular glass ones (identical but lacking the Santa icon). I don't know if I can bring myself to add those to my lineup once they are empty just because they would ever-so-slightly not match. Will be a trying time indeed.
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:38 am

Darn, I was going to make a Thread of Random Stuff. :x

Anyways,

Random Thought: What can I do to win Evike's video contest? I've had these nice ideas to stand out, but some I think may be too over the top. Is it better to be over the top to get noticed or is going over the top a bad thing?
#
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:49 am

I was thinking about posting something elaborate in this thread, but I have nothing to say.
faden
|spD|Deviant Admin

Postby faden » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 am

Thought: If this becomes a chat board it will be locked.
thunter124
Silver General

Postby thunter124 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:15 pm

yea, I would say my other two threads would cover most everything, and anything else important you could probably just make a thread for, this is a message board after all, we don't need a blanket thread for EVERYTHING
Feel free to message me if you need assistance with a WE-scar, gbb maintenance, or any maintenance for that mater, I'm around and checking.
Current armory:
WE SCAR, "King's special" (in for repairs)
Cyma AK-47 - "bloodbath"
KWA Mac-11, for making things loud in a hurry
Tanaka m700 breakdown, for those rare situations when I don't actually want to be seen
dky.tehkingd.u
Silver General

Postby dky.tehkingd.u » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:03 am

I should get started with messing with my cousin's SCAR-H now that he's given me permission to upgrade it.

Oh boy. Don't even know where to start.....
mahabra695
Silver General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby mahabra695 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:53 am

I f*cking hate mixed messages.
tylerflow wrote:I probably had the shortest spray of 2in.
Eric
Silver General
HumanQuestion2: Nah

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 pm

I wouldn't mind having a complete Lonex gearbox. I'm going to get a shell for my M4 eventually, but I rather do like Lonex parts and I'd like to see how well their complete GB's are. Maybe if I can find one for an affordable price somewhere...
Currently on the cutting edge of cocking about
r2323r23
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: meh

Postby r2323r23 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:58 pm

M9 sells tons of Lonex in his WTS thread on airsoft mechanics. My random thoughts consist of dozens of build part lists ranging from 80 rps to 450' DMR's that I wrote up in Geometry... Also...I'm going skiing at tomorrow. To test out my GoPro or not to?

Return to “Other off topic”