Thread of Random Thoughts

Anything goes... within the forum rules
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Thread of Random Thoughts

Postby baklash 1337 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:43 am

I made a keychain out of .22LR casings for a girl. Now several other people want me to make them something out of casings :| Although I think .22LR earrings would be pretty rad...

blackhawk13 wrote:So I just got a call about a summer job offer. I'd be working at a factory working in manufacturing. The company makes rubber parts and automotive seals, so it would be great on my resume (I'm a Chemistry major with a Material Science minor. I want to get into polymers eventually). The problem is that I'd be working week days 3pm-11pm, and with all my friends working mornings it would effectively kill any chance of hanging out with people during the week.

Ye olde friends vs. career dilemma. I've got strong opinions on either side of the fence. Do what you think is right.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:29 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:I made a keychain out of .22LR casings for a girl. Now several other people want me to make them something out of casings :| Although I think .22LR earrings would be pretty rad...

blackhawk13 wrote:So I just got a call about a summer job offer. I'd be working at a factory working in manufacturing. The company makes rubber parts and automotive seals, so it would be great on my resume (I'm a Chemistry major with a Material Science minor. I want to get into polymers eventually). The problem is that I'd be working week days 3pm-11pm, and with all my friends working mornings it would effectively kill any chance of hanging out with people during the week.

Ye olde friends vs. career dilemma. I've got strong opinions on either side of the fence. Do what you think is right.

I actually have an update on the job hunt. Finally heard back from Bass Pro Shops and got an interview. I'd be working in the warehouse, stocking shelves, and helping customers. Hours are way better too; 5 or 6am to around 11am, so I'd have afternoons and nights off. Going back for a second interview later this week.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm

blackhawk13 wrote:I actually have an update on the job hunt. Finally heard back from Bass Pro Shops and got an interview. I'd be working in the warehouse, stocking shelves, and helping customers. Hours are way better too; 5 or 6am to around 11am, so I'd have afternoons and nights off. Going back for a second interview later this week.

Freight/inventory in retail is alright. The best thing is that you're always active and you learn where everything in the store is located so that you're not dumbfounded when people ask.
Native
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Native » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Bought 10 ft of R-Hop material (because they wouldn't sell it any shorter) to upgrade my hop up in my mp5. The question is do I also hop my M4 that comes in this week or leave it stock. Never done a R-Hop before.
tylerflow wrote:That's almost as crazy as the RPK74 simply being an AK74 with a longer barrel.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Native wrote:Bought 10 ft of R-Hop material (because they wouldn't sell it any shorter) to upgrade my hop up in my mp5. The question is do I also hop my M4 that comes in this week or leave it stock. Never done a R-Hop before.

They being McMaster? Yeah, they lie about that, you just have to order the shorter length. I've ordered a foot or two before and had no trouble. It seems stupid, and looking back I didn't need 10 feet of it in my first order (which ended up getting lost somewhere)...
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Native
Jeweled General

Postby Native » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:41 am

blackhawk13 wrote:They being McMaster? Yeah, they lie about that, you just have to order the shorter length. I've ordered a foot or two before and had no trouble. It seems stupid, and looking back I didn't need 10 feet of it in my first order (which ended up getting lost somewhere)...

Yeah I ordered some semi-soft from McMaster. Never ordered from them before so I have no idea about ship times. It is coming from Atlanta though.
tylerflow wrote:That's almost as crazy as the RPK74 simply being an AK74 with a longer barrel.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Today I got a Facebook message out of the blue from a kid I haven't seen since the 5th grade (For reference I just finished my freshman year of college). The following is the conversation. I'm blue, he is red.

It turns out that at least a quarter of the letters in his messages when copy/pasted into google come up as Cyrillic letters. Morons.
Last edited by blackhawk13 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow my blog HERE
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 pm

You missed one
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
blackhawk13
Jeweled General

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:32 pm

apoctank wrote:You missed one

Whoops. Thanks for that. Not too concerned with being secret here (I'm pretty sure multiple people on here are friends with me on Facebook or at least know who I am on Facebook), but I thought I'd do it anyway to be nice.

Thought: I need a good rifle case, and need to get better foam for my HK45 case. Only problem is that I have two average quality handgun cases, and they are both a bit small for what I need. I did find THIS though. Pricing doesn't seem too bad for just the foam.
Follow my blog HERE
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

.380, 9x19mm, or 9x18mm for conceal carry?

Return to “Other off topic”