Assault Rifle: Bushmaster ACR
DMR: match grade m14 does that count?
Support weapon: Mk43 MOD0
SMG: H&K UMP
shotgun: Mossberg 590
pistol: good ol' m1911
PDWsmaller SMG: B&T MP9
sniper rifle: M107

most have been awarded based on aesthetics.
Last edited by timbuktoo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: bah

Re: Favorite Guns

Postby tylerflow » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm

MP9 isn't a PDW, it's a submachine gun. PDWs shoot rifle cartridges.
#
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby timbuktoo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

are you happier now? and last time I checked both the H&K MP7 and FN P90 shoot proprietary pistol cartriges. the only purpose built PDW that I can think of that uses a rifle sized cartridge is the KAC PDW, and if you ask me it looks just like an m4 which makes it a carbine in my books.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 pm

I did this a while ago but I think I've changed since then
Automatic Rifle: Izmash AK-103
Battle Rifle: H&K HK417
Bolt Action Rifle: Mauser 98K
Sniper Rifle: Accuracy International L115A3
Designated Marksman Rifle: Springfield Armory M14 Match w/ JAE-200
Heavy Machine Gun: Browning M2HB
General Purpose Machine Gun: Mauser? MG42
Light Machine Gun: FN Minimi
Light Support Weapon: Izmash RPK
Submachine Gun: TDI KRISS Super V
Personal Defense Weapon: H&K MP7A1
Handgun: Colt 1911A1
Revolver: Colt Peacemaker
Super Compact: Colt Mk25
Grenade Launcher: Milkor MGL
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
tylerflow
Jeweled General

Postby tylerflow » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm

timbuktoo wrote:are you happier now? and last time I checked both the H&K MP7 and FN P90 shoot proprietary pistol cartriges. the only purpose built PDW that I can think of that uses a rifle sized cartridge is the KAC PDW, and if you ask me it looks just like an m4 which makes it a carbine in my books.

Yes :)

And the MP7 and P90 shoot proprietary rifle cartridges. The 5.7mm and 4.6mm are armor piercing rifle cartridges (so maybe pistols like the FN 5-7 are technically PDWs). The KAC PDW shoots 6.8mm rifle cartridges and it shorter than a carbine. While it's a bit hazy, the MP9 is still not a PDW because it shoots a 9mm pistol cartridge. :geek:
#
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 pm

well I've always looked at weapons with a less rigidized set of classifications, and imo more logical classifications. ex if you can shoot it from a pistol its a pistol cartridge. and if it was designed for self defence and VIP defence it is a PDW. and if it feeds from an m4 sized magazine, is the same basic shape as an m4 and was designed for MOUT operations, it is a carbine not a PDW.
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

timbuktoo wrote:KAC PDW is not a PDW

:lol:
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

apoctank wrote:
timbuktoo wrote:KAC PDW is not a PDW

:lol:

it really isnt. it was designed for MOUT ops, like carbines...
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

tylerflow wrote:And the MP7 and P90 shoot proprietary rifle cartridges.

Not quite. They shoot PDW cartridges, which are smaller versions of assault rifle cartridges, which themselves are just smaller versions of rifle cartridges.

From what research I've done, the PDW idea is to shoot small rounds (therefore giving low recoil) at a high rate of fire. The low recoil allows greater accuracy at rates of fire well above that of regular rifles, allowing you to put a lot of small holes in your target relatively quickly. The original idea (at least from my research) came from the H&K G11. The main reason the G11 failed was in the use of a caseless round that was not fully developed. Because they decided to design the round and gun side by side, a problem with one led to problems with the other (cook-off issues with the caseless round). I believe that the G11 would have opened the door to the PDW generation much earlier if H&K had developed the G11 to use a standard brass round, or had developed the caseless round further before designing a gun for it. Unfortunately the failure of these two caused people to see both as a failure. I believe that caseless rounds are coming in the future, but as with the development of the PDW, it will take some more time.

Summary: PDWs do not shoot rifle rounds... :mrgreen:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
tylerflow
Jeweled General

Postby tylerflow » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 pm

As I said, the lines are hazy. From what I understand:

SMG: rifle that fires pistol cartridges
PDW: shortened carbine that fires high velocity, armor piercing rounds, that are or are similar to rifle cartridges
Carbine: shortened version of full size rifle that fires same ammunition as full size
#

Return to “Other off topic”