Politics/Military (formerly XM8 TO REPLACE M4?!?! )

Anything goes... within the forum rules
zebco
Gold General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Politics/Military (formerly XM8 TO REPLACE M4?!?! )

Postby zebco » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm

I heard that the stupid XM8s are going to be replacing armalites in the military in a few years :evil: !!!!!! This is crazy :x !!!!The m16 is the AMERICAN rifle :( !!!!! And there going to be replaced with a gun that looks like a FISH :roll: :evil: !!!!!!!

edit :: cat :: okay, there should be a limit on how many times a title can be changed. I know you want to keep this thread alive, but, honestly.....there are times when it can just die :roll:
Last edited by zebco on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
FORMERLY @irsoftR
arrdvark
Lance
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: XM8 TO REPLACE M4!?!?!?!?! WHAT!?!?!?

Postby arrdvark » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:53 pm

thank god, i hate those piece of crap pea-shooters. they jam way too often. although i was hoping the M416 or SCAR-L/H would take over, im glad their finally phasing out the M4/M16.
p90bros
Gold General

Postby p90bros » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 pm

you might have it comfused and they probably wont

the masada is probably going to if we ever switch rifles
oldie account that left
still checking in guys!

self nickname:silvertongued bastard
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: Noo

Postby CybeRoguE » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 pm

arrdvark wrote:thank god, i hate those piece of crap pea-shooters. they jam way too often. although i was hoping the M416 or SCAR-L/H would take over, im glad their finally phasing out the M4/M16.

:D

I don't think I have to say anything. May I ask where you read about this?

And I don't see how the xm8 looks like a fish o.0 It shouldn't be too bad since it's just a modified g36, altho I was also hoping for a SCAR or masada. Since companies like to make whatever the army uses, I'd like to see more airsoft masada's out there :p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Poster.jpg
cat61986
|spD|Celestial Cat

Postby cat61986 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm

hmmm...yeah, i want to read the article that's been saying all of that....

Although there were high hopes that the XM8 would become the Army's new standard infantry rifle, the project was put on hold in April 2005, and was formally cancelled on October 31, 2005.

As of July 19, 2005, the OICW Increment One RFP was put on an eight-week hold, with an indication given that the program was being restructured as a joint procurement program including the Army and unnamed other branches. On October 31, 2005, the OICW Increment One RFP was canceled until further notice.

In an article in Jane's Defence Weekly, April 26 2006 (Vol 43, page 30) we learn that "The US Army has again delayed the procurement of its future infantry weapons, this time for more than five years, and is working to field two interim guns in the meantime."

The U.S Military's XM8 program was cancelled in the Fall of 2005 after being suspended earlier that year. Had this program not been cancelled, the XM8 system may have faced competition from weapons such as from the FN SCAR and H&K 416. Independent work by H&K on the XM8 has continued. It was altered and entered as a candidate for the SCAR competition but was unsuccessful.[1]

In the Fall of 2007 the XM8 was compared to other firearms in a 'dust test.' [1] The competition was based on two previous tests that were conducted in Summer 2006 and Summer 2007 before the latest test in the Fall of 2007. In the Summer 2007 test, M16 rifles and M4 carbines recorded a total of 307 stoppages. In the Fall 2007 test, the XM8 recorded only 127 stoppages in 60,000 total rounds while the M4 carbine had 882. The FN SCAR had 226 stoppages and the HK416 had 233. The difference between the XM8, HK416, and FN SCAR was not statistically significant when correcting for the less reliable STANAG magazine. [2] However, the discrepancy of 575 stoppages between the Summer and Fall 2007 tests of the M4 had Army officials looking into possible causes for the change such as different officials, seasons, and inadequate sample pool size but have stated that the conditions of the test were ostensibly the same. The Army countered the controversy surrounding the M4 by stating, in essence, that troops are generally satisfied with the M4.

(quoted from Wikipedia)
i do, i do emergere dal fondo per lottare e poi
salire in alto più che mai
i do, i do guardare nel futuro e sorridere
con una nuova identit�
arrdvark
Lance

Postby arrdvark » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm

their illegal in the US because A&K jumped the gun when it came out and made one without a copyright. Israel got mad and sued them and now the US can't sell the Masada.

M416 can fire 900 rounds per minute with minimal recoil and still not overheat. its a beast gun, and i love it!

the article above says the M4 had a lot more stoppages (jams?) than the other prototype rifles.
Last edited by arrdvark on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zebco
Gold General

Postby zebco » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:59 pm

No im not confused.

And yo arrdvark, dont get this into an armalite bashing thread, id like to see you walk away from a shot from an m16/m4, and the only really "bad" m16 was the first, and on top of that they seldomly cleaned their guns, now we have heavy training with armalites, forward assist, they actually clean their guns consistently now.....

And cat,......wow :shock: .
FORMERLY @irsoftR
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: Noo

Postby CybeRoguE » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:00 pm

He's not arguing about them, he's just agreeing. Not everyone has to hate that, but try to walk away from a shot from anything really...
zebco
Gold General

Postby zebco » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Im just saying that yall have no clue what the m16.m4 can do so for the sake of this thread stop the armalite insults, before they really start!!
FORMERLY @irsoftR
cat61986
|spD|Celestial Cat

Postby cat61986 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

well, to get back on topic, where'd you hear that xm8 would be replacing the m4? was there an article out? did some higher up make a declaration?
i do, i do emergere dal fondo per lottare e poi
salire in alto più che mai
i do, i do guardare nel futuro e sorridere
con una nuova identit�

Return to “Other off topic”