Potential airsoft hazards caused by other players

Forum announcements, post questions, problems about the forums here
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Potential airsoft hazards caused by other players

Postby baklash 1337 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Today at the field I usually go to, many people cheated the chrono which is 400 FPS with a .2g bb. How we found out? It appeared that a hot-shooting gun cracked the lense of my friend's paintball mask. We showed the mask to a staff member who tested out his Tanaka L96 AWP (630 FPS) and ASGI G700 (500 FPS?) to see if they could do the same amount of damage as the first crack at the same range (~50ft.). I do not know whether only the L96 did damage, or the G700, but there were many like cracks on the lense of the mask. Fortunately, we discovered that the cracked part could be removed and the regular goggles lense were intact, but they still had an indentation from the original shot as well as the test shots. Still, many people said they have never ever seen this happen before. The staff member took the chrono to the field the next game and tested every single person on the team which the hot guns were on. Some people were kicked out, but I'm unsure of the amount. The staff member said some were shooting well over 450. But stop and think about this...Would somebody using a gun over 400 FPS load it with .2 or .25 field bbs? No, that would be too innacurate.

If you can imagine what that shot could have done to bare skin, I think you should be able to agree with me here.

Next time you play a game of airsoft I have many requests to keep this a fun sport by keeping it safe:

Please obey the rules of a field. If the field says "350 FPS with a .2g bb", just obey it. Cheating at a hobby doesn't get you anywhere in life, and it isn't fun for other around you...especially those who abide by the rules.

Abide by minimum engagement distances. If a field tells you not to shoot people within 100ft. with your ub3r snip3r, obey. Don't shoot somebody point blank, that's totally a dick move. Surrenders, melee kills, and safety kills feel rewarding enough as it is anyway.

Think about the guy you're shooting at. I don't think you would like it if you were shot 20ft. away with an extremely hot gun. Treat others like they are yourself.

Do you really need a gun that shoots over 500FPS? I believe not. As proven by somebody with just a lightsabre and 1911, you can rack up as much kills with this setup than with any other "god gun". I'm not f**king joking.

The "call your hits" discussion does not belong here, since the danger involved is self-induced.

Thank you for reading and take consideration to keep airsoft safe and legal.
Last edited by baklash 1337 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CybeRoguE
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: Noo

Re: Potential airsoft hazards caused by other players

Postby CybeRoguE » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

SjKimber
Jeweled General

Postby SjKimber » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 pm

KWA LM4, VFC M4, KWA m9
all lightly modded and running rock solid for years.
YounhaMusic
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby YounhaMusic » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Well stated, its a shame some can't abide by the rules and need the extra "edge" to play.
KWA Custom MGS4 Style M4 w/Silencer
Tanaka L96/700 w/1 foot foam silencer
Echo 1 SAL/CA Short 203/KWA M4 stock
Real Sword SVD
WA Magpul'd M4
TM MK23, 5.1 Hi Capa, Extreme
FUZZYmufflerZzZ
Silver General

Postby FUZZYmufflerZzZ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:20 pm

warning incoming rant: gawd i hate when people don't understand safety kills! one time, i ran up next to a guy, stuck my gun up to his head through a window at maximum 7 feet. (he didn't see me) i yelled "Bang Bang you're dead!" the A-hole turns around, on auto (we were doing a semi only game) and unloads on me point blank. i was wearing a vest so that caught most of the bbs. but one got me in the nail on my pinky finger. i couldn't move my pinky for almost 2 days and my nail was black for almost a month. probably fractured my pinky too but sh*t happens.

he was wearing a full paintball suit and was using a shorty m4. not saying anything thar. /rant

my point is that kids come from playing fail of duty to airsoft and don't consider the rules or other people's well being. i think some sort of minimum age req should be created. (maybe under 14 no auto) or something. whatever.
kills:
m91/30 - 0
savage .223 - 0
rs type 56 - 0
custom g36 - 0
TM p226 - 0
----------------------
ted kennedy's car - 1

http://www.youtube.com/jwg101x - check it out.
scope45
Pawn

Postby scope45 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:33 pm

wow just got into airsoft first of all thats crazy i thought bbs exploded after certain fps so this is helpfull and fail of duty nice but even as a paintballer most of the rules are same i mean i played a game where a kid froze his paintballs and turned up his velocity up and he was using the tipman 15 with a flatline barrel that hurt like hell i had 3 wounds they wernt welts or bruises they were bleeding also i had a friend shoot me in the eye with a m24 sniper dont know which company but it shot 400 fps almost lost my eye and we werent airsofting just in the house so yeah crap happens. but you should always follow the rules and anyways if u get out its not like ur done i mean play another round learn from ur mistakes dont do something that ur gona regret for a long time instead of 15 minutes make friends :)
No one gets left behind
Ender
Gold General

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 am

I don't like the U14 rule for another 5 hours :lol:there are lots of younger players who can be trusted, I don't think it's fair to hurt all of our experience, rather, I think we should just run a merit based system.Seriously, this is a problem, there was a saccair thread here: http://www.sacairsoft.com/component/opt ... 8/start,0/
shows exactly where this can lead. Please don't break the rules... I have no problem with you running your >9000 FPS rifle Age or Epic, as long as you are within the rules and everyone on your field agrees to it. Even then, be careful, there's this thing called common sense, everyone has it, <1% use it, USE IT DAMMIT
I make and sell custom cutting boards. Pricing is very reasonable and the worksmanship very good. PM me if interested.
Creator of the ASGI read the bloody rules club: Read the bloody rules or we'll make you bloody with a rule.
SPC/Picam Cyst Serge wrote:I'd totally kiss a dude, tongue and all
baklash 1337
World Class General

Postby baklash 1337 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:41 am

Ender wrote:I don't like the U14 rule for another 5 hours :lol:there are lots of younger players who can be trusted, I don't think it's fair to hurt all of our experience, rather, I think we should just run a merit based system.Seriously, this is a problem, there was a saccair thread here: http://www.sacairsoft.com/component/opt ... 8/start,0/
shows exactly where this can lead. Please don't break the rules... I have no problem with you running your >9000 FPS rifle Age or Epic, as long as you are within the rules and everyone on your field agrees to it. Even then, be careful, there's this thing called common sense, everyone has it, <1% use it, USE IT DAMMIT

If I played on a 550FPS field, I wouldn't mind it as long as they abide by minimum engagement rules.
martinairsoft
Gold General

Postby martinairsoft » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 pm

FUZZYmufflerZzZ wrote:warning incoming rant: gawd i hate when people don't understand safety kills!

I second this. Where i play there are always some 10 year olds that try it out a few times, with their older brothers. My gun shoots right below the limit, and i dont like to take my pistol with me. it just weighs me down. a few weeks ago i rushed halfway up or field, to find a little 9 year old was right on the other side of the haystack. I grabbed his gun, pointed it away from me and said safety kill, and he panicked so after i let go i got shot up right on my forehead, and my shemagh was on a little tight so i got some nasty as* welts. I talked to him after the game and he apologized, and im not mad at him but god that hurt!
Haven't played airsoft or done anything involving airsoft in over 2 years- You can't imagine how bored I was when I logged on.
snakedoc
Pawn

Postby snakedoc » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 pm

scope45 wrote:wow just got into airsoft first of all thats crazy i thought bbs exploded after certain fps so this is helpfull and fail of duty nice but even as a paintballer most of the rules are same i mean i played a game where a kid froze his paintballs and turned up his velocity up and he was using the tipman 15 with a flatline barrel that hurt like hell i had 3 wounds they wernt welts or bruises they were bleeding also i had a friend shoot me in the eye with a m24 sniper dont know which company but it shot 400 fps almost lost my eye and we werent airsofting just in the house so yeah crap happens. but you should always follow the rules and anyways if u get out its not like ur done i mean play another round learn from ur mistakes dont do something that ur gona regret for a long time instead of 15 minutes make friends :)

ive never believed in the frozen paintballs, but he disproves them. the flatline does nothing but puts spin on the ball and sends it farther.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyXXXCC3B0E

Return to “Announcements”