Any posts (or repeated posts) that break these rules will be relocated to Prison and the offending user will be warned or banned for repeat offenses.
Here we go:
1. NO spam, no useless quote threads, and no having an annoying posting style (i.e. hyper fangirl; illiterate moron; etc.). You will be given time length ban
Please do not write in ALL CAPS, 1337, WieRd TyPing, or Colorful typing. It is hard on everyone else's eyes. No matter how proud of yourself you are about being able to make your post artsy, we don't want or need it. While we are not asking for everyone to write in college format MLA/APA, we are asking that you at least spell check your posts and keep abbreviations and uncommon acronyms to a low
1.1. IF ANYTHING, STAY ON TOPIC
I'm quite sure this speaks for itself, while there has been foul play in the past, even with the admins. We try to stay on topic and if there is a thread derailing the topic will be either deleted or cut.
1.2. Anything else, real steel, pics of your new car, whatnot should be placed in the 'Other Off Topic' sub forum.
Please keep in mind that this IS an airsoft forum. Even as it is affiliated with Airsoft GI, topics do not need to be related to it. But for all other posts about your real guns, your car, your games that you "pwn" everyone at, please keep it to the "Other Off Topic" forum.
2. No posting of porn, nasty stuff, weird things, this should be a civilized airsoft forum, not an off topic forum.
This is a standard rule for most forums while this is the "internets" and children can see some crazy stuff, they don't need to see it here. Gun, knife, car porn does not apply but that doesn't count.
3. Avatars can be 140x140 pixels. Sigs can be up to 600 pixels wide by 120 pixels high (but not vice versa!), plus up to seven lines of text. If you decide to do all text, every additional text past the allowed seven lines is an extra 20 pixels in height. Anything over the criteria of 7 lines per text plus 120 pixels in height is not allowed. For example, an all-text signature could only have 13 lines of text and nothing more. Any avatars or sigs too large will be taken down with no warning.
140x140 is not too big, but plenty for a nice little avatar for yourself. Anything larger will be taken down, done deal. Same rules with signatures: if your signature is giant the admins and mods will take it down and give u a custom signature you probably won't like.
4. Questions and custom titles can be posted/requested in this announcements sub forum or by private messaging me or cat61986.
If you have any forum questions or you want a custom title or you question why you received a certain title ex. "Forum Newb," PM either me (albazero) or cat61986. Please do not make a thread just to talk to us. We like the honor, but the forum doesn't need it. :edit: Because of certain events I will have to stress that custom titles can be requested but must be EARNED, if you are a newbie or are just harassing the admins for a title you will get a title you don't want.
5. Have fun and keep the off topic-ness and /b/ (randomness) to its respectable sub forum.
The obvious speaks again. Please watch where you post things. Not to mention any names but whoever posted "do you think grenades should be allowed in skirmishes?" in the "New Products" sub forum, how does that thread relate to new products from Airsoft GI? Please, be careful.
6. NO DOUBLE/TRIPLE/QUADRUPLE/ETCETC POSTING. The edit function is on the right hand side and should be used when possible in order to prevent any excessive postings. It is understandable that a user may post a message and that another user will post after that message, eventually rendering it impossible to edit a previous post. In these cases, please be aware of your posts and to not be overly spamming. We will give warnings in the first few incidents, but labels will be placed afterwards if it does not stop.
The only allowed double posting is, if your reply did not load and you had to write a new message. This is understandable. Admins will be able to see it and take care of the duplicate message. But this is not an excuse for people that are too lazy to edit their original posts. Admins can tell again, via timestamps and other little bells and whistles we have up our sleeves, do not push your luck with this.
If you post a question and no one replies back in 5 minutes, do not bump your thread. We will count this as trolling and a double post. If there are no replies in a week, then you may bump your post, but in a civil way, please do not be cynical and start saying '100 views and no replies? You guys are all jackasses' DO NOT do this, the admins will be more pissed than the rest of the users.
7. NECROPHILIA. Many threads that have been dead for over 5 months have been brought back to only be responded with feedback that is unnecessary. Do not post in a dormant topic unless you have more questions on the topic or wish to know more information dealing with that topic.
Do not post in old old threads unless you have something to add on the topic. Please do not go to a year old CA thread and go 'Ya I have a CA m15a4, it fires great." Okay tell us this in another newer topic. PLEASE do not relive old threads. If the topic was helpful and you learned from it great, please do not post a thank you to a thread long forgotten. It's great but still unneeded.
8. INFORMATION. There has been a lot of disrespect floating around ALL of the threads. Although many of you may not really personally know the Admins and Moderators, we ask you to understand that these jobs are issued to those that have earned their positions. In a given discussion, please back up any arguments that you may have, as well as realize the counter-arguments that will be brought up against your information.
Newbies in particular: when people on this forum tell you to 'wear eye protection' and stop doing certain things, we are telling it for your own good. If you find us bashing you we are doing it for your safety and everyone that plays with you. This forum has the purpose to help you. Please do not bash back or say that we are wronging you. If any other members of the forum is harassing you about something irrational (either via the forums or private messaging), please notify the admins with the evidence of the wronging.
Also, if you are a person that comes in and states 'I know a lot about airsoft', you may be frowned upon at first (the world is made of resumes and education not what comes out of a mouth). If you are going to say you know a lot about AEGs or Gas guns, be prepared to prove it.
If you come in stating you know very little about airsoft yet do not listen to things that veterans of the forum are telling you, we won't listen to you either. You came here asking for advice but if you don't listen to the advice we are telling you, so be it.
And one last note, please do NOT go around bashing brands. This is very annoying. Please don't say "CA is better than TM by a thousand times". Just because it has a metal body does not mean one is better than the other. Do not go around bashing people that can only afford mid range guns. Who knows? That player may beat you in a game because he's more skilled with his mid-range gun than you are with your gun.
Things that will earn you a warning or a possible ban:
// Repeated double posting
// Repeated unrelated necroposting
// Avatar and Sig size issues
// Uncivil bashing other users without reason or evidence
// Reported harassing of other users
// Harassing admins
// Abusing PM functions to harass other users
Any questions or concerns about this thread, just post away