Home security breech. need opinions *UPDATE*

Where the useless but good threads go
congo
Lance

Home security breech. need opinions *UPDATE*

Postby congo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:37 pm

OK, here's the scenario.
I am moving soon (Uncle bought the house- renting to myself, mom, sis, and 5 year old nephew). The house is currently not lived in and has been sitting empty for some time now. Just cleared escrow two weeks ago and little by little we've been doing things there.
Today I went buy to clean the pool. The other day my Uncle had replaced all the locks around the house. I don't have a key, but that's OK because the first "job" I did on the house was re-code the garage door with new remotes and put a new pin# to the garage key pad. I pull up the house and enter the garage via key pad to go through the house and out to the back yard. Well, I exit the hallway into the livingroom, I see 6-7 youngsters smoking weed in the back yard! :twisted: The windows and slider were kind of grimey so I snuck up to the slider (within 3 feet of them), unlatched it and flung it open screaming "Get the F*#$ out of my house before I call the cops!!!" and proceded to chase after them. :mrgreen: Hahaha!!! they were pissing themselves. :lol: They all scattered at the sight of a 6'2" 280# dude chasing after them yelling obscenities. :P
Anyways, It turns out that one of the kids lives next door to me and is a bit of a trouble maker. After speaking to a couple of my soon-to-be neighbors, he's a 19 year old punk that lives with grandma and she doesn't do sh!t to control him. Him and his posse are usually responsible for any shenanegans that go on in the neighborhod (usually grafitti or vandalism) and even the police know him well, as a cop pulled up to the house one day last week and warned me about him. I'm not affraid of him or his friends, but I am affraid of what pu$$y bullsh!t they might pull, such as key my car, grafitti the side of my house, or break beer bottles in my back yard,......which leads me to my question:

Besides an alarm and possible IR cameras (turns out my other neighbor has a security camera-cctv surveillance business 8-) ) What other measures do you guys think I should take? I first thought a small caliber gun, but I thought that might be too much, plus having my nephew running around,....I dunno. I also thought of buying a few thingees of pepper spray, or taser or something just in case.

Let me hear yur ideas, thoughts, etc...

Thanks! (and sorry for the long read, I've got a nice buzz going on! 8-)
Last edited by congo on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CA36C w/ G&G G36K RAS kit | Bravo RDW | G4 PWS Diablo | G&G PM5 | Tokyo Marui Mp5K w/ M4 retractable stock & chopped foregrip | DE M3 Tri shot Shotty | WE Hi Capa 5.1 | KSC M93RII w/ G&G Compensator kit, 6.01 TB barrel | KWA KP45 Match | SG Wilson Combat CQB Elite
ferraridude777
Lance

Re: Home security breech. need opinions

Postby ferraridude777 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 am

What a badass!
lol
Well if your neighbor can't hook you up with cameras Dixieline sells Day/Night Cameras for fairly cheap...
A gun I'd say is too much... As you could probably scare the **** out of them with an airsoft gun....

You could get a crazy loud car alarm for if they try to mess with your car...

Just keep an eye out and if they decide to come back well... use your imagination. :twisted:
"I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!" - Bruce Dickinson
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby adog12341 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:53 am

set up a bunch of airsoft claymores with tripipwires all around any enterances or exits from his grandmas house :) i think its a good idea(just with baking powder and a few bbs so it dosent hurt him too bad) :lol:
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
KiloBravo
Lance

Postby KiloBravo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:11 am

Well, My home has some stun guns hanging on nifty "emergency" style locations adjacent to our fire extinguishers ( wouldn't be too bad to have several fire extinguishers as these can do in a pinch specially the dry-powder one i keep in the garage ) anyway i'm not sure about the availabillity of stun guns to civs ( by stun gun i mean the one that shoots out a probe and kinda looks like a Glock, we have 2 one for front yard access and 1 for backyard access ) we also have CCTVs ( 1 high def to capture faces and potential plate numbers as we had a car break in this summer ) key positioning of cameras is the tricky part, got to limit the avenue of approach to your yard, also some motion sensing lights would do great, if you don't have a dog get one or two of those "barking motion sensors" , ( i have high powered searchlights with servo controlled swivels mounted in backyard that I can move from a control station, just modify the "antenna/dish motorized rotating system" when ever you catch the punk you do not let him off easy, you have to make sure they pay the toll for trespassing.
-Trust me with your life, not your money or your wife !
Flowers
Lance

Postby Flowers » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:15 am

Plant cacti under all your windows.
Cody
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Cody » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:21 am

Get a a marushing 3-shot burst shotgun.
Get airsoft claymores and set them up along places where they could sneak in.
Set up barbed wire on top of the fence between the house.
Set up trip wires around the fence.
Get a security camera on the side of your house, but make sure it's concealed.
Walk over to your trouble-making neighbors house with a glock in a holster on your belt and tell him that he better stay out of your way and that your in a very violent gang that preys on small children who smoke weed.
:D
I would like to emphasize on getting the shotgun, especially if you shoot him whenever hes in your yard :) :)
congo
Lance

Postby congo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 am

Noice Kilo! I wish I can have all those goodies!

I already installed security lights with motion sensors around the house and my neighbor has quoted me $3500 for a high-end 4-camera IR surveillance setup. Finances are a huge factor for me so 3500 is out of the question for now.

@ Flowers: I definitately am going to plant prickley bushes under every window, however we aren't hugely fond of Cactus, at least not the traditional kind. I was thinking of Bogenvia along the wall closest to the trouble neighbor, next to the gate and letting it grow up the wall surrounding all the windows. As for other "prickley plants", I'm open to suggestions. Bogenvia does really well out here and seems tto thrive even with little to no water and I love low maintenence.

@adog: I have no intensions of using anything airsoft for home protection. As fun as it sounds, I will have my 5 year old nephew running around so any kind of "trap" is a no-go.

@ferraridude: I'll have to check out Dixieline, Thanks! I also plan on having an alarm installed on my car too.

So this is what I think I'm going to do for the time being. I'm bringing my camcorder every tme I go to the house, incase I have to "document" anything, as well as do occasional drive-by's. I live less than 10 minutes away from the new house AND it is on my way to work so no problemo there. I will also try to find something I can bolt onto the broken gate and pad-lock it shut until it gets replaced.

I've been browsing through stun batons and pepper spray to keep around the house so if anyone has any advise or experience with any brands, please let me know. I've been eyeballing this: http://www.betterhomesecurity.com/_Stre ... _Baton.php

Thanks guys!
CA36C w/ G&G G36K RAS kit | Bravo RDW | G4 PWS Diablo | G&G PM5 | Tokyo Marui Mp5K w/ M4 retractable stock & chopped foregrip | DE M3 Tri shot Shotty | WE Hi Capa 5.1 | KSC M93RII w/ G&G Compensator kit, 6.01 TB barrel | KWA KP45 Match | SG Wilson Combat CQB Elite
congo
Lance

Re: Home security breech. need opinions *UPDATE*

Postby congo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:32 pm

OK, HERE'S THE LATEST! :twisted:

I went by the house today to attach a latch and padlock on the gate unitl we get a new one. I brought my camcorder just in case I have an incident. I "fixed" the gate and as I pcked up my mess and straightened up inside, I notice two boys, (yes, they were boys :roll: ) go to the neighbors window. Intrigued, I waited and watched as a guy and girl emerged from the house and they all congregated around this guys' bedroom window, which is right next to my gate. My windows that face his house are covered with a thick ass layer of calcium or whatever hard water stains are so they did not see me in the house. I was able to see enough of them that I broke out the camcorder and started recording. I proceeded to call the police and tell them what was going on, video taping all the while. I captured the neighbor kid hitting the bong twice, and the girl hitting it once. :mrgreen: The cops were in the area and were there in no time! The three boys were hauled away and the girl was let go, but at the time I did not know I caught her smoking until I came home to make a copy for the police. I wonder if they'll pick her up !?!?! :lol:
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby adog12341 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:37 pm

verry verry good a few less kids smoking and doing other illegal stuff :D
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
KiloBravo
Lance

Postby KiloBravo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:02 pm

well, for the surveilance system, you don't need a super high end one ( picked up a unit at fry's this morning to add 4 more cams to my backyard ) you can hook it up to one of those small 13" LCDs that aren't too pricey either, also I am experimenting with some wireless "CCTV" system I got from ( of all places ) costco ! It's good enough to capture facial features, so what's it good for ? why place em in the car when you park it outside ! right on the dash, facing the driver's side . on a side note, a perimeter alarm system is fairly easy to set up ( just kinda annoys me when one of the dogs trips it repeatedly lol ) it's basically a IR motion sensor that triggers a plug in alarm that kinda sounds like one of those storefront alarms that go off when someone walks in ( got it at harbor freight tools ) you just put it facing your fence ( mine are hidden in the trees along the front and side of the place ) make sure you adjust it to "people height" :D as far as what they do in their own place, it's not my business ( thank god my neighbors are nice folks ) your home is what you make it, if your neighborhood is nice, it is because you and your neighbors are nice. oh yah the san fernando valley is pr0n capital of the USA ( roughly 70 % of them are shot in westhills ) so um yah nice neighborhood for me :shock:
-Trust me with your life, not your money or your wife !

Return to “Heaven”