Home security breech. need opinions *UPDATE*

Where the useless but good threads go
congo
Lance

Re: Home security breech. need opinions *UPDATE*

Postby congo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:10 pm

zenmic wrote:I have a question, has there been any issues with the bad kids attempting to pry your windows, or doors? If that is the case, then I would definitely have the local police around on speed dial. Have them see if they can start patrolling more often. That changes the issues from stupid stoners trying to find a place to hide and toke up to Breaking and Entering.

What about your uncle's other house? Are they having the same issues? Do you need to protect that place too?

The house I'm moving into sat unattended for some time and during that period those kids have (according to my neighbor) broken in there to party. We've found makshift "soda can" pipes in the kitchen and master bathroom. Suprisingly enough, the condition of the interior was pretty **** good! There's a few patches on the walls which I wouldn't be suprised they put there, and the fresh coat of paint makes me suspicious, but the carpet is brand new and nothing else seems out of place. Since we've acquired it, I haven't noticed any damaged windows or door frames (at least nothing more than what was already done). Since I put the lock on that gate, I haven't noticed any tell-tale signs of their presence. As far as the PD goes, they were the ones that first told me about these kids. An officer pulled up as I was doing some work there and warned me about them. Since then, I've called the cops on them once and so has someone else on another occasion so I think,.... well,....hope they are starting to get the message.

Hopefully the only agenda these kids have are drinking and smoking weed. As long as my nephew doesn't see or smell it, we'll get along fine. I hope they get it together by the time my family and I move in.

As far as the other house goes, I've been told that they were responsible for the tagging on the block wall enclosing the back yard (on the outside). There's quite a bit too. The city had painted over it so I have no idea what they claim or tag or whatever. The house itself seems undisturbed despite the fact that it has NO gate for the back yard. That house is still in escrow so we haven't touched it yet. I do drive by both houses randomly and check for signs of trespassing.

It's a shame what our communities are reduced to nowadays. It may sound like I'm moving to the ghetto, but this particular neighborhood is decent enough. Fairly average with a really good elementary school 1 block up the street and a nice park near by too, yet it takes one idiot and his group of friends to ruin it for everyone that lives there. :evil:
CA36C w/ G&G G36K RAS kit | Bravo RDW | G4 PWS Diablo | G&G PM5 | Tokyo Marui Mp5K w/ M4 retractable stock & chopped foregrip | DE M3 Tri shot Shotty | WE Hi Capa 5.1 | KSC M93RII w/ G&G Compensator kit, 6.01 TB barrel | KWA KP45 Match | SG Wilson Combat CQB Elite
Cody
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Cody » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:26 am

I read all the posts, but I can't remember;
Did you knock on the door and speak to the kid, and show him pictures of lungs of smokers and livers of drinkers? Maybe his parents just didn't raise him up right and he doesn't know what that stuff does to you, worth a shot.
congo
Lance

Postby congo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Cody wrote:I read all the posts, but I can't remember;
Did you knock on the door and speak to the kid, and show him pictures of lungs of smokers and livers of drinkers? Maybe his parents just didn't raise him up right and he doesn't know what that stuff does to you, worth a shot.

Na, this kid won't listen. He's a 19 year old punk that thinks he's a gang member. Educating people doesn't always work. I was a smoker for 17 years, addicted to crystal meth for 6, been locked up twice, had my house raided, done the work release, community service,...all that and probably have a longer rap sheet than this kid and I KNEW the consequnces of my actions but didn't care. I did what I did because I loved to party and get F*&%ed up. Some of the best times of my life, but it came at a high price. Hopefully this kid will learn this sooner rather than later.
CA36C w/ G&G G36K RAS kit | Bravo RDW | G4 PWS Diablo | G&G PM5 | Tokyo Marui Mp5K w/ M4 retractable stock & chopped foregrip | DE M3 Tri shot Shotty | WE Hi Capa 5.1 | KSC M93RII w/ G&G Compensator kit, 6.01 TB barrel | KWA KP45 Match | SG Wilson Combat CQB Elite
Cody
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Cody » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:01 am

how wrote:
Cody wrote:I read all the posts, but I can't remember;

Na, this kid won't listen. He's a 19 year old punk that thinks he's a gang member. Educating people doesn't always work. I was a smoker for 17 years, addicted to crystal meth for 6, been locked up twice, had my house raided, done the work release, community service,...all that and probably have a longer rap sheet than this kid and I KNEW the consequnces of my actions but didn't care. I did what I did because I loved to party and get F*&%ed up. Some of the best times of my life, but it came at a high price. Hopefully this kid will learn this sooner rather than later.

Hopefully, I imagine you regret all that stuff now right? It could be you that would have to tell him, and make sure he knows that you used to do the same stuff..
congo
Lance

Postby congo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:59 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I would request the mods to please delete this thread. I got all the info I needed from it.

Thanks!

Return to “Heaven”