From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Semi-auto Sniper?

Postby mvsrocks » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm

OreoWorld wrote:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=39318
only problem is insane fps. I don't know how I could lower that, considering that my field chono's all guns on .25g
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GR-WE-SVD-BLK.htm
Just a bit over my price range, but otherwise a solid looking option.

I know what I want for Christmas now :P. My bad
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
OreoWorld
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: pie

Postby OreoWorld » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:56 pm

WOAHWOAHWOAH. Another derp moment. (I seem to be having quite a few of these lately.) I just noticed that Evike is selling the same gun (interestingly, they claim it is a US exclusive to their store :| ) for $70 less than Airsplat (the link I posted earlier). That solves the money problem. But I still want to sell my MB05 to make up for the money I spend on other goodies like scope and whatnot. So is the gun any good? Does it live up to it's high claim of being "by far the best quality SVD rifle on the market today"?
Absolutely everything I touch breaks, I am fueled by a 2:1 mixture of sparkling grape soda and dubstep.

"Son, someday you will make a girl very happy, for a short period of time. She will then leave you to be with men who are 10 times better than you could ever hope to be. These men are called musicians."
-Anonymous
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:17 pm

to get good FPS consistency (required for accuracy otherwise it will get different hop each time and will vary where bb's drop, etc) you will need an air rig; that's just about a necessity for any airsoft gas sniper rifle
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
OreoWorld
Pawn

Postby OreoWorld » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm

No way am I EVER drilling holes in my mags, inconsistent fps or not. Without an air rig, how would it compare to a spring sniper of equivalent cost/quality?
Absolutely everything I touch breaks, I am fueled by a 2:1 mixture of sparkling grape soda and dubstep.

"Son, someday you will make a girl very happy, for a short period of time. She will then leave you to be with men who are 10 times better than you could ever hope to be. These men are called musicians."
-Anonymous
Davidj
Knight

Postby Davidj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm

you could use coupon codes and get up to 18% off your order at evike, that should free up some money for you. Also keep in mind that GBBs have never been nearly as consistent as AEGs or springers. KWA and TM make the most consistent GBBs out there and they still have a fps range of ~10-15 fps. It's a trade-off with a GBB sniper rifle you get the ability to make quick follow up shots, but you won't be as accurate or reliable.
Outdoor Primary: CA SLR105 tactical
CQB Primary: Echo 1 G36c
Main Secondary: custom sawed-off DE shotgun
Current Sidearm: Echo 1 Timberwolf
Specialty Weapon: Iron Airsoft M320 grenade launcher
OreoWorld
Pawn

Postby OreoWorld » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I've certainly considered that trade off, and I think it's probably worth it based on the fields I play at. If the FPS variation is only 10-15, I can easily deal with it. Besides, I always have my totally unbreakable Bravo 3-burst shotty to fall back on if the gas system fails :D Seriously, the entire back half of the gun fell off, including the stock and grip, and it still shot perfectly fine.

-Anonymous
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Postby mvsrocks » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm

OreoWorld wrote:I've certainly considered that trade off, and I think it's probably worth it based on the fields I play at. If the FPS variation is only 10-15, I can easily deal with it. Besides, I always have my totally unbreakable Bravo 3-burst shotty to fall back on if the gas system fails :D Seriously, the entire back half of the gun fell off, including the stock and grip, and it still shot perfectly fine.

Gotta love dem shottys. Anyways, that FPS difference could affect you shooting at someone's head, but ok, your choice.
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
OreoWorld
Pawn

Postby OreoWorld » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Headshots are useless anyways. It's easier to hit the body than the head, and the target gets out anyways. But it's mostly a matter of the average range that I usually engage in, which is a bit shorter than I'd like, but it can't be helped on my fields.

-Anonymous
Davidj
Knight

Postby Davidj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm

mvsrocks wrote:
OreoWorld wrote:I've certainly considered that trade off, and I think it's probably worth it based on the fields I play at. If the FPS variation is only 10-15, I can easily deal with it. Besides, I always have my totally unbreakable Bravo 3-burst shotty to fall back on if the gas system fails :D Seriously, the entire back half of the gun fell off, including the stock and grip, and it still shot perfectly fine.

Gotta love dem shottys. Anyways, that FPS difference could affect you shooting at someone's head, but ok, your choice.

also keep in mind that's the variance for very high quality expensive pistols, GBBRs have a much larger bolt to move and within your price range there aren't really any high end manufacturers, so you can expect a lot more variation then that, that's just the best case scenerio
Outdoor Primary: CA SLR105 tactical
CQB Primary: Echo 1 G36c
Main Secondary: custom sawed-off DE shotgun
Current Sidearm: Echo 1 Timberwolf
Specialty Weapon: Iron Airsoft M320 grenade launcher
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby SnakeAssault » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Yeah, watching the video of that AIM rifle on evike, I believe I saw variations of over 50 FPS. That is not good.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide

Return to “Gas Guns”