Gas Pistol Guide.

From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs
adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Gas Pistol Guide.

Postby adog12341 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:58 pm

I have the novak next, basicly the meu with different markings, I love mine.
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
wirelessbrain
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: idk

Postby wirelessbrain » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm

oh ok, i dont really like the next bcuz of the hand grip thing is like ribbed... but thanks for telling me about the meus
Pro tip - Tokyo Marui gas blowback pistols DO NOT need metal slides to run propane. Trust me I own one.
Follow up - I don't suggest metal propane adapters. The one I had broke my mags in < 3 weeks. Plastic adapters have many more pros than metal ones. Don't believe me? HolyHandGrenade has the most experience on the forum (that I've heard of) with any adapters.
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Mhm, should have the same internals, shot it today, still works good in below freezing.
My Youtube Channel
wirelessbrain
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: idk

Postby wirelessbrain » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

yeah they probably do have the same internals. its good that it can shoot in the cold bcuz its cold alot where i come from
Pro tip - Tokyo Marui gas blowback pistols DO NOT need metal slides to run propane. Trust me I own one.
Follow up - I don't suggest metal propane adapters. The one I had broke my mags in < 3 weeks. Plastic adapters have many more pros than metal ones. Don't believe me? HolyHandGrenade has the most experience on the forum (that I've heard of) with any adapters.
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Yep. The only problem is keeping the fuel warm, but that can be done on the field with chemical hand warmers and a butt pack, or just refilling off the field with warm propane or green gas.
My Youtube Channel
NightBane
Pawn

Postby NightBane » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Do you guys recommend and GBB pistol for beginners? I plan on buying my friend one so he can fool around while i shoot him in the butt. This will be my 1st pistol and i really don't want to buy a lemon with leaky mags and stuff. :(
Just wanted to ask for a list of cheap but still good quality and durability pistols.....i know u made a whole list but im still nor sure what to buy.
And this lil rabbit is gonna pop u with a sniper =]
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:33 pm

I highly recommend KWA GBBs. They can take alot of abuse and shouldn't have any defects (leaky mags ect.) when bought. If your friend is good enough, he may be able to pwn you since pistols give you more mobility, also KWA pistols are very accurate.
PLANofMAN
Pawn

Postby PLANofMAN » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:55 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum,

there's been some great advice so far. I just ordered the KWA M93R as a backup weapon. It should be arriving in a day or so. I don't expect to use it all that often, only in CQB or pistols only matches. (my main gun is the A&K M249 Para). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with KWA's NS2 gas system (it's supposed to increase cycle rate, have a stronger magazine, and increase pressure carrying capacity) and how it compares to the older KWA guns?

I know the older KWA M93R models had problems with the slides catching on the slide release, were gas guzzlers, and had a tendency to explode when left sitting in direct sunlight for several hours with a full gas charge. I've done my homework. The following mini review is based on reading about a hundred reviews of this gun on various websites. (not my own experience, so take it with a grain of salt)

Contributing my bit to the ongoing discussion:
KWA M93R NS2 (1:1 replica of the Beretta 93R)
Pros:
GGB
Semi/Burst/Auto
Metal Slide, Polymer Frame
Can attatch a removeable stock
Can buy Hi-cap Mags.
Empty a 32 Rd. Mag in 2 sec.
can buy a holster for $6 at the local hardware store (drill holsters)
As big as a Desert Eagle
Not a Glock (could be a con)

Cons:
Mags are pricey, but not overly so.
Plastic (Hi Impact Polymer) outer barrel
Inaccurate on three round burst and automatic
Empty a 32 Rd. Mag in 2 sec.
Military style holsters that will fit this gun are almost impossible to find
Real Steel grips are non-existant for this gun

[edit]
I'm not sure If I should have posted that last bit here or in the reviews section? Kind of a grey area? For an Administer to rebuke if he chooses? Excellent sugestion, me! Two personalities are better than one!
In 1931 China banned Alice in Wonderland on the ground that "animals should not use human language" and that it was "disastrous to put animals and human beings on the same level." America should ban idiots for the same reasons.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for the perfect trigger pull.
[email protected] wrote:
but if you add it all up it takes 20 muscles to shoot because of the unavoidable smile afterwards
adog12341

Postby adog12341 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

There is also a female mod, respect the lady ;) Reviews should be an extensive review, not just some list of pros and cons. If you wish put a review in the review section, you also need pictures.
My Youtube Channel
PLANofMAN
Pawn

Postby PLANofMAN » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:34 pm

I understand. I didn't want to post a full review because,
1. people have already done so, and
2. this is "Gas Pistol Guide," not "Gas Pistol Reveiw" and most importantly. . .

b. I haven't recieved the gun yet.
There's nothing I hate more than people chipping in with personal opinions about airsoft (or real steel) guns they have never owned, used, seen, touched, been shot by, or taken apart.
O.K. I hate people that post on forums in TXT TALK OMG LOL more. but not by much.

To the female moderator, I am sorry, I will endeavor to be more politically correct in my postings in the future.

adog, do you know the answer to my main question? Does anybody have any experience with KWA's NS2 guns compared to their older models? How much of a difference does it make?
In 1931 China banned Alice in Wonderland on the ground that "animals should not use human language" and that it was "disastrous to put animals and human beings on the same level." America should ban idiots for the same reasons.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for the perfect trigger pull.
[email protected] wrote:
but if you add it all up it takes 20 muscles to shoot because of the unavoidable smile afterwards

Return to “Gas Guns”