From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs
Talon26
Silver General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Que

Re: Gas Pistol Guide.

Postby Talon26 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 pm

The_FPS_Guy wrote:
Talon26 wrote:You cant overfill a mag so that shouldn't be a worry. You can listen until the gas stop flowing to the mag, its a noticable sound change.

Yeah, but I've heard quite a few stories about magazines that were overfilled and either started spewing gas until they emptied or it broke the mag completely.

The mag will only take as much gas as it can until the pressure between the mag and gas ankt equalizes. There's no possible way to overfill a magazine so it doesn't matter how long you fill. I have heard of what you say, but I have seen mags, mainly WE hicapa propane ones, just dump all their gas after filling. They weren't mine, so I never investigated. I would think its more of an Oring blowing or being out of place than over pressurization by filling the mag too long.
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
-Talon
The_FPS_Guy
Lance

Postby The_FPS_Guy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:56 pm

No offense, but can someone confirm I have nothing to worry about as far as overfilling goes? I just don't want to make a mistake that's going to cost me $30.
Airsoft Armory:

Upgraded A&K SPR MOD0
HFC USP
Umarex Ruger
Broken Well MP7
Broken Crossman Spring Pistol
Dirtydawg
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Dirtydawg » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:16 pm

I had a KJW M9 and I loved it! It was loud, hit hard, good blowback, reliable, easy to clean. I only had one leaky mag.
Sideways
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Sideways » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:19 pm

The_FPS_Guy wrote:No offense, but can someone confirm I have nothing to worry about as far as overfilling goes? I just don't want to make a mistake that's going to cost me $30.

Just put it in for a good 3 seconds. That's good enough.
baklash 1337 wrote:Knowing the people on this forum, nobody is going to ever have a baby.
The_FPS_Guy
Lance

Postby The_FPS_Guy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:20 pm

What happened to it and was the mag leaky because of overfilling?

Edit: oops, I guess we posted at the same time.
Airsoft Armory:

Upgraded A&K SPR MOD0
HFC USP
Umarex Ruger
Broken Well MP7
thunter124
Silver General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby thunter124 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 pm

the only thing that overfilling a mag will do is cause "jams"(the hammer will not be able to depress the valve to release the gas because of too much pressure)
Feel free to message me if you need assistance with a WE-scar, gbb maintenance, or any maintenance for that mater, I'm around and checking.
Current armory:
WE SCAR, "King's special" (in for repairs)
Cyma AK-47 - "bloodbath"
KWA Mac-11, for making things loud in a hurry
Tanaka m700 breakdown, for those rare situations when I don't actually want to be seen
The_FPS_Guy
Lance

Postby The_FPS_Guy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Alright, that works for me. Thanks guys.
Airsoft Armory:

Upgraded A&K SPR MOD0
HFC USP
Umarex Ruger
Broken Well MP7
Ender
Gold General

Postby Ender » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:27 pm

AWP-NESS wrote:o thanks. i kinda like the hfc usp but the mags only hold 18 and on full auto that would be gone fast. but i do like the look of the usp.

the kjw is cool but i really like the look of the usp and if needed the full auto option, plus really cheap.

*cough*TanioKoba USP*cough*
I make and sell custom cutting boards. Pricing is very reasonable and the worksmanship very good. PM me if interested.
Creator of the ASGI read the bloody rules club: Read the bloody rules or we'll make you bloody with a rule.
SPC/Picam Cyst Serge wrote:I'd totally kiss a dude, tongue and all
Aceofspades
Knight

Postby Aceofspades » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:32 pm

The_FPS_Guy wrote:No offense, but can someone confirm I have nothing to worry about as far as overfilling goes? I just don't want to make a mistake that's going to cost me $30.

No worries on overfilling. I've never seen or heard of it ever happening. Maybe if you stuck an air compressor...valve...thing in the mag and tried to fill it, sure, that'd be overfilling. But that's why the o rings are in place. It's a failsafe meant to prevent your mag from exploding. Nothing's going to break simply by filling the mag with gas.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
The Man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

135th - In Omnia Paratus
wirelessbrain
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: idk

Postby wirelessbrain » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:54 pm

I see there are mixed feelings about the WE gbb pistols. Are they really all that bad and how are the socom gear meu's? I was sorta thinking about getting the new od one, and the meu's sound pretty good....so yeah how are they?
Pro tip - Tokyo Marui gas blowback pistols DO NOT need metal slides to run propane. Trust me I own one.
Follow up - I don't suggest metal propane adapters. The one I had broke my mags in < 3 weeks. Plastic adapters have many more pros than metal ones. Don't believe me? HolyHandGrenade has the most experience on the forum (that I've heard of) with any adapters.

Return to “Gas Guns”