From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs
thunter124
Silver General
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Gas Pistol Guide.

Postby thunter124 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 pm

political correctness is not needed, she is more manly than adog anyways XD
Feel free to message me if you need assistance with a WE-scar, gbb maintenance, or any maintenance for that mater, I'm around and checking.
Current armory:
WE SCAR, "King's special" (in for repairs)
Cyma AK-47 - "bloodbath"
KWA Mac-11, for making things loud in a hurry
Tanaka m700 breakdown, for those rare situations when I don't actually want to be seen
crazyrussian
Panzer Dragoon

Postby crazyrussian » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm

PLANofMAN wrote:do you know the answer to my main question? Does anybody have any experience with KWA's NS2 guns compared to their older models? How much of a difference does it make?

My buddy just picked up an ns2 usp compact and we compared it to our older model.
The internals look more robust(made of a heavier plastic) and the slide is made of a different metal it seems like.
Also it's more gas efficient, firing in 53 degree weather, 1 shot per second we got 58 shots of the ns2 where as we only got 38 shots off the standard. The standard models age may contribute to those numbers though.

Overall it seems they stepped up their game with their ns2 models.
adog12341 wrote:I'm a chairsofter

adog12341
Eat. Sleep. Live on the forum

Postby adog12341 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 pm

thunter124 wrote:political correctness is not needed, she is more manly than adog anyways XD

Ouch, my pride......

My kwa kp45 pre ns2 has a lot of pot metal from what I can tell. My spring guide and trigger broke within like 1 1/2 years of owning it, which I suppose it quite a while. Overall, I'd recommend it, but only the ns2 version.
THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY.
My Youtube Channel
SHOW THEM NO FEAR, SHOW THEM NO PAIN.
PLANofMAN
Pawn

Postby PLANofMAN » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:56 am

Thanks crazyrussian, that is great news, I was wondering if it was a noticeable difference or just a noticable gimmick. Now for some bad news. Airsoft G.I. contacted me today.

"Dear customer,
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, the following item(s) on your order is out of stock:
1 x KWA M93R W/ Metal Slide NS2 Model Airsoft Gun
At your request, we can keep this item on backorder and ship it to you once available; or we can switch you to a similar and/or different item."

KWA M9 Tactical PTP, here I come. Not my first choice (no burst or auto), but it's a bit more faithful to the U.S. Army Airborne loadout I was going for. ASGI is without a doubt the best airsoft company I have ever worked with. They have kept me updated on my order at every step of the way.
adog12341 wrote:
My spring guide and trigger broke within like 1 1/2 years of owning it

KWA's U.S. website sells replacement parts or you can just ship your gun to them and they will fix it for a reasonable price. (if you haven't thrown it away or fixed it already) just another reason to go with KWA.
In 1931 China banned Alice in Wonderland on the ground that "animals should not use human language" and that it was "disastrous to put animals and human beings on the same level." America should ban idiots for the same reasons.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for the perfect trigger pull.
[email protected] wrote:
but if you add it all up it takes 20 muscles to shoot because of the unavoidable smile afterwards
WinSauce
Pawn

Postby WinSauce » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Nice guide. Thanks a lot.
PLANofMAN
Pawn

Postby PLANofMAN » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Just a quick update:
After an email to KWA's customer service (which they responded to the same day) if you order a replacement outer barrel for the PTP line of guns, it will come with an orange tip. darn.

Also, this is from KWA's forum regarding repairs:
KWA Customer Service said:

no, we don't repaint your gun with the blaze orange tip, we don't have time. lol

If you send your pistol in for repairs, I think it is a standard fee of $40.00, no matter what work needs to be done to the gun. Good way to save some money if you've really fraked your gun up. EDIT: I heard they won't service guns that have been run off propane.
Last edited by PLANofMAN on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
In 1931 China banned Alice in Wonderland on the ground that "animals should not use human language" and that it was "disastrous to put animals and human beings on the same level." America should ban idiots for the same reasons.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for the perfect trigger pull.
[email protected] wrote:
but if you add it all up it takes 20 muscles to shoot because of the unavoidable smile afterwards
The_FPS_Guy
Lance

Postby The_FPS_Guy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Hey everybody. I just had my first big game today in a really long time and I had a great time. However, somewhere along the way, I had to loan my HFC USP to a buddy because his gun broke down on him. As I was handing him he gun and my magazines, one conveniently fell face down and broke on side of the magazine lip off. Are there any compatible or replacement parts?
Airsoft Armory:

Upgraded A&K SPR MOD0
HFC USP
Umarex Ruger
Broken Well MP7
Broken Crossman Spring Pistol
PLANofMAN
Pawn

Postby PLANofMAN » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:05 am

I did some looking, didn't really find anything, but hope this helps. HFC is a clone of Tokyo Marui and KSC is also a clone so any replacement part for one should fit the others. I found magazine lips for M9's and something else on Evike.com, didn't see any USP, but I wasn't looking very hard. If you have the manual that came with the gun, it might have a part number for that piece, and that might help to narrow the search.

[email protected] wrote:
wirelessbrain
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: idk

Postby wirelessbrain » Sat May 08, 2010 10:13 am

Talon26 wrote:
Maruzen

PROS- High quality
Trademarks
high value
Reliable
Cons-
Plastic body, can be pro
Expensive Mags
Cost
Lower powered gas

What to look for- P99/c, PPK, P38, 1911

I heard that the Maruzen P99 was completely terrible and that the slide locked back all the time when you don't want it to. I was pretty dissapointed bcuz i like the p99, but it might have been a different brand. I'm pretty sure it was Maruzen though.
Pro tip - Tokyo Marui gas blowback pistols DO NOT need metal slides to run propane. Trust me I own one.
Follow up - I don't suggest metal propane adapters. The one I had broke my mags in < 3 weeks. Plastic adapters have many more pros than metal ones. Don't believe me? HolyHandGrenade has the most experience on the forum (that I've heard of) with any adapters.
Driver
Pawn

Postby Driver » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 am

I've seen a lot of bad press on the WE guns, but I bought one anyway, as the real one is my favorite pistol.. I bought the Para Ordnance P14-45 (got it from Redwolf with the trades intact) and I have to say I was impressed with it.. I've run through around 30 mags so far, and no leaks at all. it is a bit heavy as far as most of the other airsoft pistols I've handled, but guess what the P14 is a heavy beast! it has been dead on accurate both before and after installing a set of Trijicon's (from 20' I get a group inside 1" from full mag at rapid fire) I haven't had any issues with broken parts or anything.. the only con is that the hi-cappa replacement mags have a thicker base and so th gun looks different with the replacement mags.. I run it on Coleman Propane with the Airsoft Innovations adapter and just throw a few drops of silicone in the adapter.. I also put a couple drops down in the mag to lube the bb's, and then lube the gun the same as the real steel (well, as much as can be the same) off a single fill I can run about 1.5 - 1.75 mags worth of bbs in high speed firing (empty the mag, then reload it with bb's without reloading the gas)

all in all it has been a good one to me (though not as fun as the real steel)

and yes, I picked the WE over the WA because it's metal.. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a metal kit for the P14 with the trades, and so the WA loses that battle..
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving might not be your best choice!

Airsoft Arsenal:
King Arms FN-FAL Tactical Carbine
JG AK-47S Bottom Folder
JG M4 CQB
WE Para Ordnance P14-45
Maruzen Walther P99

Return to “Gas Guns”