From Classic Airsoft to recent GBBs
SPC
=|BANNED|=
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Walther SG9000, any info out there?

Postby SPC » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:57 pm

http://www.pyramydair.com/p/Walther-SG9 ... tgun.shtml

Thats the gun, not much on here about it, a little elsewhere, if any of you know anything else about it, let me know, I'm really interested in it. Reading Booligan's review, it seems pretty nice, if you can get past the walmart gun looks and feel, its basically an oversized NBB pistol with a modded loading mech from what I can tell. And considering I have had a more then happy experience with NBBs, even cheap ones, I'm interested in it.

Also, for some of you classic users that are familair with all the co2 tanks and adapters, any of you guys know of an adapter to use the tiny 12g cartridges rather then the 88g it normally uses? Also, the gun clocks a little high in semi, would converting to 12g cartridges help? i'm guessing not, but you never know. If not, any way besides an external rig to bring it down a tad?

Right now my thoughts on it are that it looks very good, and I hope it has a hop-up like my M&P40(now listed on GI) which was just a flap of rubber attached to the rim of the barrel, which is easily made adjustable by a small hole dilled on top of the barrel. Can you say cheap, gas multishot shotty with adjustable hop-up :D
Last edited by SPC on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazyrussian
Panzer Dragoon

Re: Walther SG9000, any info out there?

Postby crazyrussian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:53 pm

SPC wrote:Also, for some of you classic users that are familair with all the co2 tanks and adapters, any of you guys know of an adapter to use the tiny 12g cartridges rather then the 88g it normally uses? Also, the gun clocks a little high in semi, would converting to 12g cartridges help? i'm guessing not, but you never know. If not, any way besides an external rig to bring it down a tad?

Kwc makes regulators for 12g cartridges, they pop up every once in a while on ca.net for cheap(I'm talking $30 or so).
adog12341 wrote:I'm a chairsofter

SPC
=|BANNED|=

Postby SPC » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:12 pm

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... r_Pack.htm

You mean one of those? Will that fit with the threading the 88g uses? Although its not ideal, being that the cartridge goes in the feeding tube, but I guess I could live with using some scope rings or something to mount it to the rails
tacosanche
Dragoon

Postby tacosanche » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Jarek4 on youtube has a review of it. Also, could that Co2 fixure be used in other Gas blow back mags? For example WE GBB mags? or Pistol mags?
http://sportsonlyauction.com

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim

Armory:
Clone Glock 18c Gbb
Tokyo Marui Mk23 FULL SET

SPC
=|BANNED|=

Postby SPC » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Alright, Booligan on ASR knew exactly what I was needing, got me the links, but does anyone know of a way to reduce the PSI from the 12g capsule, or if it will be less then the 88g capsules, since the gun is just a little hot on semi?
Jake777
Lance

Postby Jake777 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Are you talking about with the KWC Co2 capsul rig? If so, there is a spot on the KWC rig for a gauge, but I haven't checked if it's adjustable. I would imagane so, hence the gauge spot. I had two of these KWC rigs, but sold one of them.

Madbul also makes a Co2 regulator with a fill nozzle.
So a skeleton walks into a bar...He asks for a beer and a mop.

WTS a TM MP7A1 with lots of goodies! PM me...
WTS MGC M725 also for sale...
SPC
=|BANNED|=

Postby SPC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Alright, I think I might accept using an air rig. I really need the gun to have a way to control the FPS, as semi being to hot would really put a damper on things. so I'm thinking I'll get the 88g to PB thread adapter, an air rig, and either see what I can do for a rail mounted co2 tank or something. Shame the bottom rails plastic, probably won't handle the weight of a tank stock. So I'm left with either using the CCI co2 adapter, to use 12g co2 capsules as psuedo shells, I think the thing has a 1 inch diameter, I saw guy mount one on his shotgun, and I think the mount was 1", so that'd be a neat way to go.

Also, I'm gonna ask again, as this would save a lot of money, will the fps be less with the 12g capsules over the 88g capsules? I mean, the 88g capsules are supposed to be hard to get in because of the thicker cap, which leads me to believe it'd have higher PSI, so I would think I'd get less FPS with the 12g. Or am I not too good with pressures and gases?
FuzzyDicePimp
Knight

Postby FuzzyDicePimp » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you have been looking at the wrong gun. The one you linked to in the original post is the .177 version, hence the very high FPS. This is the 6mm airsoft version: http://www.pyramydair.com/p/Walther-SG9 ... tgun.shtml

(Unless I missed something there.)
SPC
=|BANNED|=

Postby SPC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:30 pm

I see I did, but I didn't get my FPS readings from there, I go them from Booligan's review on ASR, and a review from ASB, both saying semi is over 400fps with .2s, and about 380fps in burst. But thanks for pointing that out, I'll change it to avoid confusion
FuzzyDicePimp
Knight

Postby FuzzyDicePimp » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Ahh, I gotcha.
Sorry I can't help you on the FPS question though.

EDIT: In case you need any other info, I knew I had seen another review on it: http://airsoft-barracks.com/forums/inde ... opic=15939

Return to “Gas Guns”