A&K SVD Co2 Upgrade

From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
cleairsofter
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

A&K SVD Co2 Upgrade

Postby cleairsofter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello there. I currently have the V1 A&K SVD and am looking at the MAG Co2 conversion kit; not for power or anything but specifically since the piston will not be sliding or slamming i figured the shooting in general would be signifigantly quiter. Any thoughts ?
Thanks. Chris
airdud
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: plz

Re: A&K SVD Co2 Upgrade

Postby airdud » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Hello, from what I have seen on all of the forums about co2 conversions, they are not good. They are really inconsistent fps wise and tend to leak and bust there seals, regardless of the brand. I did see one lucky guy get it to work quite well with a lot of teflon modding and some type of specialty bucking. If you are having problems with the guns cycle, evike and airsoft Atlanta are slowly getting in new trigger boxes which should solve all of your problems.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41495

Hope this helps, if you have any other problems go ahead and post it!

Oh and as for sound reduction, it would most likely be the same, just in a more of a crack then a pop
Pinguicula
Lance
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: A&K SVD Co2 Upgrade

Postby Pinguicula » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 am

Here's something Jonas wrote that will fix your slam firing issue.

Jonas wrote:At the most your sear would fail, but the nice thing about the A&K's SVD sears is that they're large enough that when they strip you can simply drill a hole in it, tap the hole for a 1/4" bolt, and screw in some thread-rod and grind+shape it to your liking. The thread-rod would then act as your piston catch, and when it fails, just screw it back out, and screw in a new one. Voila.
Jonas wrote:I am so proud of all of you.

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”