tk twist + rap 4 airfin bb?

From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
airdud
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: plz

tk twist + rap 4 airfin bb?

Postby airdud » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

OK so I had the craziest idea while researching the tk twist barrel. Its quite simple, what would happen is you combined the rap 4 air in BBS and the to twist barrel?
http://rap4.com/airsoft-airfin-a-36.html

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... _430mm.htm

I have really really high hopes for this, But I don't know when I'll have the funds to test.
The only flaws I see with this is 1; the BBS are made by an injection mold, which could cause some inconsistencies of airflow around the bb. 2; being the fact that they are only .19g. I would think that with a bb larger than normal, it would be heavier. And couldn't other be weight balance problems with the projectile?
For testing I would have to load each shot manually , but I do have a few ideas for magazine and chamber mods to actually use these in a magazine in a vsr.

Tell me what you guys think!
Please don't post any of the physics on the barrel, unless you feel that there is a point that needs to be brought out
Thanks!
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: tk twist + rap 4 airfin bb?

Postby mvsrocks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 am

Hm. i just feel like there would be some sort of disturbance concerning the bb. Even if there is no hop up, I feel like there still would be miniscule movement that would affect the bb. Also, how do you propose loading your magazine with these bbs?
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 am

Some people on Airsoft Mechanics spent a good amount of time working on an aspherical round. I never heard a whole lot of exact data on how it worked out, but I think that it was determined that they were too light. At a time when people are looking for rounds heavier than .66g ceramics, the relatively light plastics are not nearly heavy enough. The sectional density is way too low to hold reasonable kinetic energy over longer ranges.

CLICKY
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 pm

ASM did it and I thought it worked, but I can't remember for sure. The problem is the risk of penetration into skin, since you're essentially re-inventing the bullet.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”