APS2 L96 Loadout thoughts

From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
cleairsofter
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

APS2 L96 Loadout thoughts

Postby cleairsofter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:18 am

Ok so here is what I have on my list atm of what to buy and wondering what your thoughts are on it, here we go.
1. New laylax cylinder head
2. New laylax piston
3. New laylax piston head (soft rubber red one for more air tightness) :P
4. PdI hop up
5. AEG madbull hard shark bucking
6. AEG prommy 500mm IB 6.03
7. M170 spring
8. Metal spring guide
9. Zero trigger by laylax

ok and I bieleve that is all of it, tryin to do this off the top of my head since class is going so slow xD.
So,,,,, why are you thoughts?
Am I missing anything?
Should I Change anything?

thanks
chris

P.S. Srry bout typo, new phone
bemoded
Knight
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: APS2 L96 Loadout thoughts

Postby bemoded » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

The M170 will eat your sears, even the zero trigger, really quick. Also, there are different models for 1-3, all have pros and cons. I have forgotten most of what I used to know about APS2 rifles, so someone else can chime in here, but why would you switch to an AEG hopup unit when the stock APS2 one is vastly superior? Just a thought, and again, I used to know a lot more, but it's escaping me right now.
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil because I am the biggest mother f**ker in the valley."

Guns: KWA SR12, G&P M4A1 RIS, TM Glock 17 w/ PGC Metal Slide & Barrel, Boneyard Y&P Mk23 NBB
cleairsofter
Pawn

Postby cleairsofter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 am

The PDI currently is a massive upgrade for APS 2 guns as you can control hop up, fade right, and fade left. Since it has the too hop up bars.
What spring were u thinkin then ! 150?, 130?
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

cleairsofter wrote:Since it has the too hop up bars.

great, so you can have it veer off too the left or right. older vsr10s have this problem because their hop adjusters get loose a bit and one side gets pressed harder and the other side is free to move a little bit. that causes the bbs to veer off uncontrolably to the one side, and kills the accuracy. people would fix that by drilling and taping a hole for a screw to hold the hopup lever at the right adjustment. also AEG hop ups are signifigantly less accurate than APS2 hopups because they have a much smaller hopup window which imparts the backspin using more force over a shorter time, and is less accurate. using the PDI hop up is not going to be better than using a stock aps2 hopup
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
cleairsofter
Pawn

Postby cleairsofter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 am

Didn't think of that.
wat differed in the pdi hop up and PDIs' aero chamber
Pinguicula
Lance

Postby Pinguicula » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm

cleairsofter wrote:Didn't think of that.
wat differed in the pdi hop up and PDIs' aero chamber

PDI's chamber has two arms and each can be individually adjusted. As far as I'm aware PDI hasn't made an Aero chamber LayLax did. The Aero chamber seals better than most stock chambers but in my experience won't offer any results worth $60. Before you buy a brand new chamber invest in a TBB and a decent bucking with heavy BBs you can overcome the right or left hook. And if you can't do a TDC mod before you drop $100+ on a chamber.
Jonas wrote:I am so proud of all of you.
cleairsofter
Pawn

Postby cleairsofter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:46 pm

TDC?
haven't heard of that, can u explain.
Sorry for ignorance
Pinguicula
Lance

Postby Pinguicula » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 pm

cleairsofter wrote:TDC?
haven't heard of that, can u explain.
Sorry for ignorance

Don't worry about it dude! TDC is the Top Down Center mod where you drill and tap a screw in the center of your barrel where the hop up arm is. By screwing the screw down onto the arm you apply direct pressure to the center of the bucking instead of the sides which cause a hook, plus you can get more hop out of the arm with the screw compared to the adjusters that it comes with.

Check out this picture for an idea of what it is.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=t ... 1024%3B613
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Postby mvsrocks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 pm

cleairsofter wrote:Ok so here is what I have on my list atm of what to buy and wondering what your thoughts are on it, here we go.
1. New laylax cylinder head
2. New laylax piston
3. New laylax piston head (soft rubber red one for more air tightness) :P
4. PdI hop up
5. AEG madbull hard shark bucking
6. AEG prommy 500mm IB 6.03
7. M170 spring
8. Metal spring guide
9. Zero trigger by laylax

ok and I bieleve that is all of it, tryin to do this off the top of my head since class is going so slow xD.
So,,,,, why are you thoughts?
Am I missing anything?
Should I Change anything?

thanks
chris

P.S. Srry bout typo, new phone

I wouldn't get the Madbull bucking for your gun. I have tried it before. I would actually go with a Guarder 70 degree hard bucking. It has been great. Also, Action Army has created a zero trigger for the L96 that is half the price of the Laylax one. I haven't personally tried it, but I do have the Action Army VSR zero trigger on my Bar 10. It took quite a bit of struggle to break it in, but it is working very well. For my L96, I just have a metal trigger box with ASGI PE heat treated sears in them. They are currently working well, and have shown absolutely no wear (other than color change) with a Laylax 170SP spring.
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
Pinguicula
Lance

Postby Pinguicula » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 pm

I can back up the AA Zero Trigger for the Type96. Unlike the VSR version I didn't have to file down the spring guide or anything, easy drop in upgrade.

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”