From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
P_Snowflake
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Shotty Loadout

Postby P_Snowflake » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey there,
I just picked up a tri shot shotty. I'm kinda new to the whole wide world of shotgun combat, so I need a bit of help. Ive already got 19 shells and a sling to hold them in, but what else will I need? What do you suggest?
Thanks!
~Snowflake
Last edited by P_Snowflake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When in doubt, fire all about.

Dark Waters Airsoft, Oswego & Fulton, NY

Light Machine Gunner

Vladimir, CYMA RPK-74, Modify poly carb piston, Guarder CNC ported piston head, Matrix CNC air nozzle, Matrix 6.02 650mm steel inner barrel
Severnaya, UTG M56DL Tri Shot Shotty
Yuri, Cold Steel Trench Hawk Trainer
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Shotty Loafout

Postby Renengan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm

"Loafout?" As I do enjoy meat loaf very much, I shall do my best to assist you.

When you say "sling" do you mean a bandoleer or actual sling for your shotgun?

The only other things I would add would be a handgun for when your shotgun doesn't cut it.
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Shotty Loafout

Postby baklash 1337 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Shotties vs. AEGs and handguns is tricky, but it gets better in CQB. Don't waste your time aiming, just point and shoot. The tri-shots aren't the sturdiest, but they're easy to open up and repair.

Here's a mini-guide on how to prepare easy-disassembly:
baklash 1337 wrote:- UTG/Double Eagles/TSD M3 trishot quick-detach barrel -
Start dissasembling the front of the shotgun by first removing the [cap screw] that holds the front sling mount in place. Take out the sling mount and start taking out the screws on the bottom of the ring that attaches the outer barrel to the faux [magazine tube]. Work your way down the tube and remove any screws that attach to the outer barrel. Once you reach the receiver and you are able to remove the outer barrel, put everything back together except for those worthless screws you just took out. Now try it out, unscrew the [cap screw] and you should be able to pull the barrel out easily.

This is good for painting and repainting, and if you have the longer barreled version - storage.

I myself now use a clone of the Marushin M500 that shoots 5x 6mm bbs. It's a huge step up from the tri-shots, but you have to constantly work on them.
P_Snowflake
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Shotty Loadout

Postby P_Snowflake » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Renengan, thank you for pointing out my typo. And it is a sling that has 15 elastic loops to hold shells in. It is surprisingly efficient.
Baklash, yes, the no aim thing I've already learned. I just sorta point. And thanks for the reference, ive been looking to possibly upgrade barrels....
When in doubt, fire all about.

Dark Waters Airsoft, Oswego & Fulton, NY

Light Machine Gunner

Vladimir, CYMA RPK-74, Modify poly carb piston, Guarder CNC ported piston head, Matrix CNC air nozzle, Matrix 6.02 650mm steel inner barrel
Severnaya, UTG M56DL Tri Shot Shotty
Yuri, Cold Steel Trench Hawk Trainer

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”