vsr 10 spring deforming and angel custom cylinder kit

From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
airdud
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: plz

vsr 10 spring deforming and angel custom cylinder kit

Postby airdud » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Hey guys. For the longest time I was using asgi upgrades for my vsr. (More focusing on the cylinder unit I had the Bb spring guide m170 spring and their piston.) For awhile everything seemed normal, but every time I would open the gun up, the spring would be more and more de formed. I got a chrono recently and tried it out and saw that I was only getting 460fps with the m170! I knew it wasn't my compression or the spring deterrierating because the bolt pull was almost just as hard as it was when it was new. I was certain that it had to be the spring. I replaced it with an angel custom m170 (because its just a rebranded lay lax) and everything was back to normal. Then the problem came back. When I first got the spring it was shooting just under 680 fps (yes 680 ) and now its down to 520 (only after 2000 rounds!) And thing spring is all bent to **** again. I thought maybe the bearing were locking up on my spring guide. I found the angel custom Teflon bolt kit w/ all internals for 100 bucks so I picked it up. After a little bit of tuning I got the bolt to work with the asgI piston but the angel piston (also looks like a lay lax rebrand) keeps slam firing (anyone know how to fix that?). So now I'm using the original angel m170 (because I don't want to damage the one that came with the kit) the new spring guide (which is much smoother) and the original asgi piston.

Does anyone know what's going on?
P.s.: the internal dia. Of the as I piston is quite large, could this be giving the spring too much room to bend while being compressed?

Also for the angel piston, it doesn't wiggle in the Teflon cylinder its nice and uniform so I don't know why it keeps slam firing.

Thanks a lot guys!
NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: vsr 10 spring deforming and angel custom cylinder kit

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm

M170 and other highly rated springs tend to degrade relatively quickly. Some are better than others, but most of the time a high rated spring will lose its ability to retain potential energy quicker than springs of a lesser rating. There could be some issue causing your springs to degrade quicker than normal, but it is normal for highly rated springs to lose their power rather quickly when compared to how fast weaker springs degrade.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernHurricane7
airdud
Pawn

Postby airdud » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:58 pm

I would think that it would take more than 2000 rounds to do that though, and there was no settle period every time I chronoed it would be lower and lower
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:11 pm

The spring's breaking in, as all springs do. Hurricane was right, higher springs drop more fps than lower springs when they break in. Maybe it's a fixed percentage of the spring's potential energy that's lost over time, I don't know.

There's 9mm and 13mm springs/pistons/spring guides. 13mm is better. Sounds like you have a 9mm spring on a 9mm spring guide with a 13mm piston. The spring, spring guide, and piston should all be pretty tight against each other.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby mvsrocks » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:40 am

Jonas wrote:There's 9mm and 13mm springs/pistons/spring guides. 13mm is better. Sounds like you have a 9mm spring on a 9mm spring guide with a 13mm piston. The spring, spring guide, and piston should all be pretty tight against each other.

That was exactly what I was going to say. If you have the wrong spring guide diameter to spring inner diameter, it causes room for the spring to deform when you pull the bolt back. I had this problem too. It also seemed much easier/smoother to pull the bolt all the way back and engage on the sear, so that may be a fix to your second problem. If not, check to see if the sear is dipping in towards the center (wearing down)
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
airdud
Pawn

Postby airdud » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:24 pm

If the spring guide is the problem, it should be solved because I'm using and angel guide w/ and angel spring.
Speaking of the sears though, I would like to give a shout out to shs sears, 5000 round (**** phone) with and m170 and they are like new!

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”