The reality of spring sniping

From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
Pinguicula
Lance
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: Florida

Re: The reality of spring sniping

Postby Pinguicula » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 pm

B13 2.0 wrote:I'm aware that great compression will give great performance, but I don't know how do it. could you recommend any parts for this? Also on the 700 the idea of getting it fixed was to not need upgrades, however with what was laid out it probably wont be a problem to do so. Still I would like to get more opinions on the matter, and if possible a list of upgrades for maximum compression and a budget list, if that's not to much to ask for.

Also to be true to the title of this post, what is the reality of spring snipping/airsoft snipping?

Am I the only one missing the part where the issue with the G700 is addressed? If your true goal is to build a BASR than you already have a decent base gun to start out with. I only say that be cause you only have a few parts from the G700 that are anywhere close to reliable. Since ASGI is marketing children that think FPS is everything they stuffed a lot of power into an unreliable gun. With $200 you can help beef up the gun and with DIY mods you have yourself a pretty decent BASR. I'd be more than happy to help with a build list but I need to know you're serious about going through with this. You need to realize the videos you see on YouTube with scope cams aren't what you'll experience every single game, it takes a lot of patience to do this (and of course $$).
Jonas wrote:I am so proud of all of you.
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: The reality of spring sniping

Postby timbuktoo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Pinguicula wrote:Am I the only one missing the part where the issue with the G700 is addressed?
lol I was thinking that too, I tried to address this mentioning the sears (because isnt that always what it is with these), but again I'm not much of a springer guy
Pinguicula wrote:YouTube with scope cams aren't what you'll experience every single game, it takes a lot of patience to do this (and of course $$).
and even Scoutthedoggie's "sniper war" videos aren't that great, and he gets to pick and choose all the good action from it and it's really really boring compared to his other videos.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
Pinguicula
Lance
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 am
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: Florida

Re: The reality of spring sniping

Postby Pinguicula » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 pm

timbuktoo wrote:lol I was thinking that too, I tried to address this mentioning the sears (because isnt that always what it is with these), but again I'm not much of a springer guy

In all honesty it most likely is the sears, that was kinda the point of "reliable" items I was pointing out. They drop a huge spring in there and put their "ultra tough titanium heat treated sears" and call it indestructible.

timbuktoo wrote:and even Scoutthedoggie's "sniper war" videos aren't that great, and he gets to pick and choose all the good action from it and it's really really boring compared to his other videos.

Don't get me wrong out of every different roll I've played in airsoft being a 'sniper' has definitely stuck with me and I have yet to be bored with it (which I hope won't be soon considering the money I've spent...). What I am trying to say is you'll have some games where either A - You see zero action, B - You get spotted and destroyed by a squad or C - You dominate the other team by being l33t.
Jonas wrote:I am so proud of all of you.
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 1286
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: The reality of spring sniping

Postby timbuktoo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Pinguicula wrote:What I am trying to say is you'll have some games where either A - You see zero action, B - You get spotted and destroyed by a squad or C - You dominate the other team by being l33t.
you're probably right. and my only experience with airsoft sniping is from scoutthedoggy and I do find that he points the camera at people as they are shooting and not enough at what they are shooting at... and when ever he does show the targets comcast throttles my interet lol.

not to hijack the thread too far.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
B13 2.0
Lance
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:18 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: The reality of spring sniping

Postby B13 2.0 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:23 pm

To Pinguicula we are serious about snipping, we just have a low budget right now. We have a friend who we might be able to get to fix the g700, the problem is we gave it to him to look at once and it took two years to get back. But I feel we could get him to do it in a short time though. We would do it ourselves but we have no experience working on spring guns. A parts list for it would be great!
Also I have some other questions that are on and off topic. First what is the best way to achieve great range with a sniper? And can someone provide a parts list for doing so? Next can spring svds take aeg parts, specifically barrels? Also I want to buy a sniper and upgrade it myself so I can learn, I would also use it in battles, and I was thinking of either an svd or a bar10. Which would be better in your opinion, not just for learning how to upgrade, performance wise?
Also you guys can say whatever in this post getting off topic is not a big deal to me at least.
"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
User avatar
baklash 1337
World Class General
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:52 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes
Location: Central Washington

Re: The reality of spring sniping

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 pm

B13 2.0 wrote:Also I have some other questions that are on and off topic. First what is the best way to achieve great range with a sniper?

Good hop-up, heavy bbs paired with high FPS.

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests