flat hop/ rhop vsr10

From KWC pistols to Maruzen APS rifles
airdud
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: plz

flat hop/ rhop vsr10

Postby airdud » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 am

Hey guys, just a quick question: does the pdi hop up (2nd ver) use a nub like a normal age hop up? If so, is there enough room to fit a firefly flat nub or the modify baton nub in there? I'm doing a second overhaul of my bar 10 because the parts I have in there are wearing out. I also can't decide weather I want to stay with the standard vsr cut barrel and bucking with the Tdc mod, or convert to the pdi unit.

Lastly, can anyone give me a good comparison between these two chambers?http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Rifle_Parts_PDI_hop_up_chamber_ver_2_for_tokyo_marui_VSR_10.htm

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=42423
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: flat hop/ rhop vsr10

Postby timbuktoo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:04 pm

marui hopup with TDC gives you a longer contact patch. that is better because it spins the bb over a longer distance and it stays more stable. the PDI is an AEG hopup shaped to fit on a sniper rifle.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
airdud
Pawn

Postby airdud » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:45 pm

OK well in that case I'm gonna get the 509mm (I have an extended barrel from an old boneyard sd700) magic box miracle barrel and see what the hype is about. Bucking wise I would like the nine ball but with the quality control issues I've been seeing I kinda want to stay away from them. I want to try out the modify backing because of its cold weather properties (I'm in washington) or maybe the new mad bull accelerator buckings. Any opinions on these?

I'm also maybe looking for a new cylinder head, I have a angel custom one right now, and I got a solid 15 fps increase over my stock modified one. Ra techs is said to give a 25 fps increase over stock. I ultimately would like to find another polar star high flow but they're discontinued and after a long email chain with them, I couldn't seem to find one available anywhere.
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby timbuktoo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:51 pm

I've heard that 410 - 480 mm is the most accurate for snipers because bb's get the tendancy to bounce around in longer barrels, but I've never experimented with it myself. I use AEG's myself and common practice is a 455mm barrel, but for different reasons. and being an aeg person I won't try to recomend a sniper bucking, but airsoft sniper forum probably has many threads about it.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't remember what the ideal barrel length for a VSR10 is, I think it's somewhere in the range timbuk gave, but the reason you don't want a super long barrel is this:

So when the piston is held back by the sear, the volume between the piston head and the cylinder head is how much air your piston's going to move. As the piston goes forwards it compresses the air and accelerates. As it hits the cylinder head the air continues to expand/accelerate the bb forwards. 410-480mm is the point at which the air stops accelerating. It continues to expand, but with negative acceleration (slowing down), so everything past 410-480 is just a waste essentially.

Are you East or West WA?
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
airdud
Pawn

Postby airdud » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Hey Jonas, I'm out of olympia. And yes I've known about cylinder capacity and all that stuff, I forgot to say that I wanted the longer barrel for noise purposes, I get MUCH quieter shots with barrels that are just slightly over max cylinder capacity. Probably because of less excess air escaping behind the Bb. I'm going to be hopefully trying out the angel custom clone of the pdi unit. Ill be using a g&g bucking for weather purposes, h nub, and the magic box barrel.
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:04 am

Ahhhh you're a coastie. One of my roommates is from bellevue or something, I don't know, I just call everything west of the Cascades "Seattle". He gets mad. I'm in Spokane on the east side.

Cool, didn't know that about the noise. I should pull one the the 650mm barrel out of one of my SVDs and put it in my L96 to see what happens ;).
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it

Return to “Spring-Powered Guns”