Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

If it has a battery and a gearbox, this is where it belongs
DiabolicChicken
Pawn
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: lol

Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby DiabolicChicken » Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm

I'd like to pick one of these up, soooo: opinions between the two or a weapon of similar design. Prefer version three gearbox, CQB friendly, a rail system of some sort, and make it as user friendly and good out-of-the-box as possible. Remember, I'm still learning my internals. Price can be anywhere around $250 but not much more. What's my best bet here?
Yar
User avatar
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby SnakeAssault » Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 am

APS hasn't impressed me yet. My friend got one from a drawing, but it had an odd problem, where it takes 2 trigger pulls to fire once.
Selector is upside down from standard HK format
Bolt release is not in a good place
Easy to mount a PEQ box
Ambidextrous, woo
Doesn't like to fit some mags, if the top bit is too long. You can fix this by filing the bit down on the mag.
QD sling mount, 4 position


The MTC is a G36 variant (right?), so...
Ambi again
Can take M4 mags with a conversion, or by standard depending on your variant
Folding stock is nice
More common platform, more parts availability on the small things, air nozzles, selector plates, etc.
No bolt catch
Charging handle likely to break
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
User avatar
apoctank
Gold General
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby apoctank » Thu May 09, 2013 9:29 am

UAR is completely V3 compatible, except the shell and spring guide since it has a quick change spring system. There are currently affordable replacements for these parts. The barrel is standard AEG style and the hopup is an AK style. I would prefer the UAR since its a bullpup and whatnot
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
User avatar
xDAVEx
Knight
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:32 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby xDAVEx » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 am

If it means anything, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING APS.

Literally, their plastic in their gearbox is stronger than the metal they use.

One of my customers bought a BRAND NEW APS gearbox. I knew they had a bad reputation, but I didn't know it was this bad.

It was a EBB gearbox. I was to disable the EBB and make it a functional AEG. Simple? No. To ensure there was nothing wrong with the gearbox PTS (prior to service) I hooked a motor and battery up to it and fired a couple rounds to make sure everything was ok.... It was not.

Not 20 shots into firing it, the whole front end of the gearbox SHATTERED and flew across my floor.

Upon closer inspection, the metal it was made out of was the worse kind I've seen any manufacturer use. I could literally break this gearbox with my fingers, it was that brittle.

So, in my opinion, don't buy anything APS. Save yourself some money.
http://www.dogsofwarairsoft.com/

How to tech a Gearbox for beginners:
SjKimber wrote:practice and error... mostly error.
User avatar
apoctank
Gold General
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby apoctank » Mon May 13, 2013 5:05 pm

xDAVEx wrote:If it means anything, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING APS.

Literally, their plastic in their gearbox is stronger than the metal they use.

One of my customers bought a BRAND NEW APS gearbox. I knew they had a bad reputation, but I didn't know it was this bad.

It was a EBB gearbox. I was to disable the EBB and make it a functional AEG. Simple? No. To ensure there was nothing wrong with the gearbox PTS (prior to service) I hooked a motor and battery up to it and fired a couple rounds to make sure everything was ok.... It was not.

Not 20 shots into firing it, the whole front end of the gearbox SHATTERED and flew across my floor.

Upon closer inspection, the metal it was made out of was the worse kind I've seen any manufacturer use. I could literally break this gearbox with my fingers, it was that brittle.

So, in my opinion, don't buy anything APS. Save yourself some money.

Was it the UAR?
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
User avatar
xDAVEx
Knight
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:32 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby xDAVEx » Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 pm

apoctank wrote:Was it the UAR?


No, it was one of their aftermarket drop in gearboxes.
http://www.dogsofwarairsoft.com/

How to tech a Gearbox for beginners:
SjKimber wrote:practice and error... mostly error.
User avatar
apoctank
Gold General
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby apoctank » Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm

xDAVEx wrote:
apoctank wrote:Was it the UAR?


No, it was one of their aftermarket drop in gearboxes.

Yea, most of their stuff is junk, but apparently the UAR and some of their new AR15's aren't bad
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
User avatar
SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 957
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Echo 1 MTC vs. APS UAR

Postby SnakeAssault » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 am

This is a bit old, but I said I would do a bit of internal lookign once I got a hold of the thing...
Aluminum Piston head
2 part cyliner head design that is pissing me off
Solid bearings
Tons and tons of grease
AK selector, air nozzle, motor cage
Odd cut in the top, along with a matching cut in the piston. I believe they may have wanted an EBB kit.
KWA G26c
Sanded slide

Return to “AEGs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron