Switching guns? (CM16 Raider x G36C/SCAR-L)

If it has a battery and a gearbox, this is where it belongs
NeCtRiCkS
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Switching guns? (CM16 Raider x G36C/SCAR-L)

Postby NeCtRiCkS » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello, guys. How are you doing?
I'm in an intense dilema.
I've owned a G&G CM16 Raider-L for about a year now, but I do LOVE some other weapon platforms as well, mainly G36C and SCAR-L. UMP is amazing, but it's hard as heck to find here in Brazil (specially cheap).

I can't afford 2 AEGs simultaneously, thus, I'd need to get rid of my CM16 beforehand to get another model.

I'm afraid of doing so and regretting for getting a not-as-reliable AEG (I love G&G, even if it's a CM) or then for getting a platform whose parts are hard/expensive to find.
If you guys think that's worth it, which of these would you guys recommend the most? (also, imo: reliability > performance > looks)

- Dboys SCAR-L (a bit hard to find);
- Ares G36C (a bit hard to find);
- Classic Army G36C;
- Classic Army MP5 (please, see note below**);
- Umarex G36C Competition* (easy to find);
- Jing Gong G608 (G36C) (about Umarex's price).

*Competition series is fine, right?
EDIT:
**My friend's friend is selling his full metal CA MP5-SD5 (link) for a really good price (and it comes with a transport bag). So, if it's worth it, I'd sell my CM16 and get it afterwards. What do you guys think?

Thank you so muuuch! <3
visor61
Pawn

Re: Switching guns? (CM16 Raider x G36C/SCAR-L)

Postby visor61 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:38 am

If you want a decent G36, I've heard that the KWA is pretty good. A friend of mine has the Dboys SCAR and it never performed all that well (It is currently non-operational for some unknown reason). This is just personal preference talking here, but I would stick with the CM16. The wealth of external parts for it far surpasses the amount available for the G36 (at least in the externals). As far as internals go, the CM16 uses a v2 while the G36 uses a v3. Also the Stanag magazines are easier to find than the G36 types.
NeCtRiCkS
Pawn

Postby NeCtRiCkS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Thank you so much, bro. :D
Yea, I've ended up deciding not to switch it. Thank you again.
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:29 pm

If you can find a Classic Army G36 used, they are great. I had one and the build quality is just amazing, and far better than the JG or Tokyo Marui. But I do agree with the previous poster on just keeping the CM16. When I played airsoft, I went through the same dilemma you are going through, where I wanted to get a new gun because I was unsatisfied with it and thought a similar one could make me happy, but you'll just end up losing a lot of money. I'd upgrade what you currently have. If you're keen on wiring, G&Gs are notorious for poor circuitry and sure could use some work in that department. I would also try sorting out the gearbox by installing reliable aftermarket parts (SHS, Lonex) and putting in a new motor. You can make a beast out of a cheap gun, and it doesn't have to be very expensive either. Just a little know-how and determination is all you need.
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:22 pm

JG G36s last literally forever, internals are bulletproof and externals, while not pretty, are built to last
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
NeCtRiCkS
Pawn

Postby NeCtRiCkS » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:06 am

baklash 1337, thank you so much. And yea, I've replaced its parts with: ProWin hop-up, Madbull 60-degree bushing, Military Action 6.03, and have bought (but still not replaced) SHS air-nozzle and SHS cylinder head \o/.

Thank you so much as well, apoctank. Really good info.

Return to “AEGs”