Does The Burst Wizard Count As A Mosfet?

If it has a battery and a gearbox, this is where it belongs
B13 2.0
Lance

Does The Burst Wizard Count As A Mosfet?

Postby B13 2.0 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey everyone, so I was wondering if the Burst Wizard Could be used as a mosfet for lipo batteries instead of using a traditional one; it has mosfet in the name?

If anyone could help me out with this info and any recommendations i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by B13 2.0 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
Downs
Pawn

Re: Does The Burst Wizard Count As A Mosfet?

Postby Downs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Good question. I await an answer as well for my backup AEG :)
KWA LM4
KWA ATP
KWA M4 AEG
KWA 1911
visor61
Pawn

Postby visor61 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:33 am

The burst wizard is not a traditional mosfet. While the burst wizard does contain a mosfet chip, it does not actually help regulate voltage and current going to the trigger. It only controls the connection to the battery. It essentially cuts the battery off from the gun for short periods of time. A standard mosfet can do the same thing, but instead of cutting off the battery from the circuit, it cuts the trigger off from the circuit. If you are using a lipo battery, the burst wizard will not provide the functions of the type of mosfet that you need. The burst wizard can actually slow down trigger response by adding more impedance to the circuit.
B13 2.0
Lance

Postby B13 2.0 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 pm

That answered the question perfectly thank you very much.
"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

Return to “AEGs”