Ironclad
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Dump bag

Postby Ironclad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

So I am making a dump bag but first I just need to know a few things:

1. How big are y'alls dump bags?
2. Whats the liner of the bag feel like?
3. Once 3 or so mags or in, how much noise will it make?

Just thought I get some info from the more experienced folks first. Anyting else I left out I should know?

P.S Granted I could just buy one but I prefer making things so I'd rather make it.
"The thing everyone is scared of about Hell isn't the pain or stench but that it last forever...Just like me. So welcome to Hell." Come and get some!!
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Dump bag

Postby blackhawk13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm

First off, if you are making a dump pouch, make sure it is completely over engineered on the seams. The point of a dump pouch is so you don't lose your mags, and it would be a problem if your I-don't-want-to-lose-a-mag-pouch had a hole in it... :lol:

For size, just go with something that can hold all the mags in your rig (primary and secondary) plus a little extra space (if you play an objective based game and have any game items, it's easiest to drop small items into your dump pouch instead of unzipping a utility pouch). I had THIS style dump pouch at one point, but I never used all the space and found that the pouch took up too much room on my gear, so I downsized to THIS. At absolute most I run five rifle mags and three pistol mags, and that pouch holds them fine.

As for rattling around, it depends on what you run for a gun (or guns). Whenever I drop my M4 mags, I always do it the same way, so the mags stack side by side and don't rattle that much. However, if I am running my GBB MP5 I find that since the mags are smaller and heavier, they flop around a bit more. It's not really loud, but don't make the mistake I did and try to sprint with a dump pouch full of gas mags if you run your dump pouch low and relatively centered on your gear. No man wants to have a large bag of metal blocks swing into his groin... :oops:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
bemoded
Knight

Postby bemoded » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 pm

1. Mine is about 8x8

2. The liner is a thin, synthetic (polyester I think- I'm no expert) fabric, kinda slippery if you know what I mean.

3. With 3+ mags, they rattle around a bit.

Make sure that you have a thick strip of something around the top so you can get your mags in easily.
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil because I am the biggest mother f**ker in the valley."

Guns: KWA SR12, G&P M4A1 RIS, TM Glock 17 w/ PGC Metal Slide & Barrel, Boneyard Y&P Mk23 NBB
MadKillerDog1
Lance

Postby MadKillerDog1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm

bemoded wrote:2. The liner is a thin, synthetic (polyester I think- I'm no expert) fabric, kinda slippery if you know what I mean.

The liner feels like the outside of a windbreaker.
In use:
Kwa Lm4 Mk18 mod 1 - Primary
WE G18c - secondary - REAPS bucking + modified hopup arm
Sold:
Kwa M4 Cqb
Kjw 1911
apoctank
Gold General
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby apoctank » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 pm

I am actually expecting my first dump pouch to arrive within a day or two. I never got one because I never had more than two midcaps per gun, and the hicaps would always last me through a whole game. Now that I'm starting to get into milsim I'm getting more midcaps and a dump pouch..

But anyway, some qualities of a good dump pouch are: it is small when folded up; when deployed, the opening stays open enough for mags to be easily stowed but not so much that they fall out(I recommend you make the opening out of a more rigid material than the rest, but not too rigid); it has enough room for all your mags, but not too much more(high speed, low drag :P ); the lining is low friction to allow mags to easily be inserted and removed
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
MadKillerDog1
Lance

Postby MadKillerDog1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:11 am

Midcaps are better IMO and anyway my kwa highcaps can't keep up with my full auto :P
In use:
Kwa Lm4 Mk18 mod 1 - Primary
WE G18c - secondary - REAPS bucking + modified hopup arm
Sold:
Kwa M4 Cqb
Kjw 1911

Return to “Gear”