Tactical Gear, Accessories, and Apparel
ShadowFang
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Trying to find Tactical Combat Gear in 42"

Postby ShadowFang » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey guys,

First time posting here, and signing up so bare with me. Frankly, I am not to sure where to turn (so that's why I am here)

For the post few months, probably over the coarse of a year I have been looking for a set of Tactical Combat gear, in particular the Emerson and Matrix combat gear. This particular set of BDU's has built in external Knee and Elbow pads. For the life of me I cannot find ANYTHING like it in a size 42"

Whats more... a lot of places advertise 2XL as a size 38"

And while it is a more acceptable approach to just loose weight (I am trying believe me) I would really like this BDU to replace my current old ripped pair of standard MARPAT.

I may literally be SOL, but I figured I would turn it over to the pro's and see if you guys know of anything.

On another note I have indeed found a pair similar, without the external built in knee pads or elbow pads. The styling just does not look right. At this point I am at a loss. Thank you in advance guys and gals :)
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Trying to find Tactical Combat Gear in 42"

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:14 pm

The problem with the Matrix & Emerson Combat Pants is that they're all made in China one main problem, mainly that its less cost effective to build larger sizes (not to stereotype asian companies, but money a huge factor in their decision making.)

Otherwise, those pants you've described are basically knock-offs of the Crye Precision Combat Pants, and Crye should have the size you need. Keep in mind that they're much more expensive, but those who have purchased them have said that the price is very justified.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/C-111/Combat-Apparel
ShadowFang
Pawn

Postby ShadowFang » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Airsoft Gi Darren wrote:The problem with the Matrix & Emerson Combat Pants is that they're all made in China one main problem, mainly that its less cost effective to build larger sizes (not to stereotype asian companies, but money a huge factor in their decision making.)

Otherwise, those pants you've described are basically knock-offs of the Crye Precision Combat Pants, and Crye should have the size you need. Keep in mind that they're much more expensive, but those who have purchased them have said that the price is very justified.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/C-111/Combat-Apparel

Bah. I thought that maybe my luck. I did see the Crye, very, very expensive but I have heard nothing but great things about them as well. But... budgets budgets budgets. Always a limit of money.

Well thank you for your reply Darren!
TheProphet
Pawn

Postby TheProphet » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:25 pm

If you're set on having it with the slots for pads built in you may well be SOL. If not, look into Tru-Spec. I love their uniforms and they're priced nicely.

Return to “Gear”