Beginner loadout help

Tactical Gear, Accessories, and Apparel
Retroboogie76
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Beginner loadout help

Postby Retroboogie76 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Hey guys, I am a beginning airsofter and I have a few questions on my gear. First, here is what I already have:
A Condor Recon Chest rig
A shemagh
Knee pads
A mask
A JG Sig 552
A KWA co2 non-blowback pistol
And a holster

I only play CQB, as the only outdoor field is about 2 and a half hours away, and everyone says that it sucks :( Anyway, I have only playd for about a month, and my loadout could probably use some improvement. Any suggestions? Anything would be helpful. Pouches, more apparel, anything. Thanks!
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance

Re: Beginner loadout help

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:37 am

You've basically got the essentials for any CQB skirmish style game. At this point, its a matter of choosing what direction you'd like to take your airsoft experience: whether you'd like to go to a MILSIM event, more outdoor playing, staying with CQB, etc.

Otherwise, I might recommend a good set of shoes. It doesn't have to be boots, unless you are planning to going outdoors, but a good pair of comfortable high-traction shoes will helps loads in CQB.

If your CQB skirmish arena is only a minute away from the staging area, then this next suggestion is less important, but having a hydration carrier w/ bladder & water would help as well.
Retroboogie76
Pawn

Postby Retroboogie76 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 pm

Awesome, thanks. I am most likley going to stay cqb, but I think some milsim would be awesome. I have playd before accidently because my field has milsim Sunday that I had no idea about. I think I will be heading more in that direction.
Downs
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Downs » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Milsim stuff is a blast especially if you try to use Airsoft as a training tool.

+1 on the shoes/boots. I suggest a good pair of hiking boots. And I mean good.

http://www.rei.com/b/salomon/c/hiking-b ... -boots%3Bb

Salomon makes some very high end ones for example if you want to spend a bunch. Hiking boots are much more lightweight than military boots, and give you a bit more agility. Something that could come in handy for a CQB situation. They don't look as tacti-"cool" as military boots but they do a better job.
KWA LM4
KWA ATP
KWA M4 AEG
KWA 1911

Return to “Gear”