Tactical Gear, Accessories, and Apparel
NeCtRiCkS
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

ESS - help identifying model name

Postby NeCtRiCkS » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:38 am

Hi, my friends.
I need some help to identify my ESS goggle. I bought it used, from an eBay surplus-seller, and it was described as "ESS Low Profile" in the announcement. I bought thinking it was a Profile NVG, as I've never heard of Low Profile before. When asked, the seller said it was a Low Profile indeed, not NVG, and that their lenses are not interchangeable (you can see they seem a bit larger than NVG's)

I've tried contacting ESS many times and they simply won't reply me.

[I'm sorry for my English. I tried my best to make myself clear].
Thank you so much. Greetings from Brazil! :)
snipeakid
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: huh

Re: ESS - help identifying model name

Postby snipeakid » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:07 pm

IDing goggles aren't exactly my thing, but those look like NVG's to me.
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 pm

If you could get a picture of the top view (and possibly add a common item like a coin or similar) it would be a bit easier to tell, but those look like Profile NVGs that I run. They also look to be in surprisingly good condition considering they are surplus. The surplus profiles I got were worn way more than those.

One other possibility is that they are the ESS Profile Asian-fit goggles. Same as the regular profile NVGs, but smaller.
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
NeCtRiCkS
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby NeCtRiCkS » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm

blackhawk13 wrote:One other possibility is that they are the ESS Profile Asian-fit goggles. Same as the regular profile NVGs, but smaller.

I actually find them larger than the Profile NVG, not smaller. Anyways,I understand you thought that as there's no reference of size in the picture.

As for its used condition: its lenses are a biiiit scratched, it has some tiny holes/cuts in its "Full-Perimeter Filtered Ventilation" foam. It also has no "OpFoam™ Face Padding" on it; I believe it unglued and fell apart.

Anyways, I'm quite sure it's not a counterfeit product as I was starting to think; but it has those genuine ESS' smallest details, such as "Right"/"Left" on its strap tabs, perfectly-cut holes in its internal etc.
That makes me quite happy already haha.

I've also found an ESS retailer in Brazil, so I'll try to test their lenses.
Thank you so much, guys, for your reply! :)
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby blackhawk13 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:41 am

Oh, somehow I read
NeCtRiCkS wrote:you can see they seem a bit larger than NVG's
as meaning that the ESS profiles are a bit larger than your goggles are... :lol:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE

Return to “Gear”