Can I get some quick help IDing some gear colors?

Tactical Gear, Accessories, and Apparel
Evilplan2500
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Can I get some quick help IDing some gear colors?

Postby Evilplan2500 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:16 am

Hello forum, as the title mentions, I have been having some trouble getting an accurate idea of gear colors in certain pictures. I have been trying to decide between going with a Khaki or CB 6094a for my Multicam kit. Problem is, every single picture I look at seems to have different lighting, and descriptions. I look at a pic and think it's khaki, and someone says no that's CB but in different lighting. Here are the two pictures I was referring to (Taken from around the internet, I am not claiming them as my own)

The first one I can't decide between the two, the second looks Khaki but I can't be sure, and the third I can't decide either. If we decide if they are either Khaki or CB, does anyone know what brand 6094 (Flyye, TMC, Emerson, LBT, Pantac) would get me closest to the colors in the pictures? (Since I don't seem to trust most stock photos on certain websites) Thanks in advance, and mods, please let me know if I need to edit anything in this post.
snipeakid
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: huh

Re: Can I get some quick help IDing some gear colors?

Postby snipeakid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 am

Flyye is generally the best for colors. Pantac's Coyote Brown is REALLY dark, and I've never seen Pantac Khaki. TMC and Emerson are nowhere close IIRC. Personally I would go MC for a MC kit. You could get a AWS OCPC for 150, and you won't have to pay extra for MC.
Evilplan2500
Pawn

Postby Evilplan2500 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:22 am

Okay, I was strongly considering Flyye already but the stock photos on the websites that I have looked at don't look too good, so I didn't know what I was getting in terms of color. MC on MC would be a good idea, but I guess I should have specified that I was looking for something a little more all purpose, to go with my few different camos but the main one being Multicam. So that's why I was trying to decide between CB and Khaki.
snipeakid
Dragoon

Postby snipeakid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:38 am

Coyote Brown is probably the most universal color, it works well with desert, transitional, and woodland camouflages. Personally, I run my multicam 6094 over what ever I'm using, but if you change camouflages a lot, I would go CB.
Evilplan2500
Pawn

Postby Evilplan2500 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:35 pm

You've been a really big help, going through all the pictures, websites, and youtube videos trying to find a solid answer was really giving me a headache. If you dont mind me asking, what other camouflage systems do you use? I'm considering also investing in a chest rig in MC as a rig that I can use with atacs fg as well. That or just make the rig atacs fg since I think that would also go over MC, I just want something better than my OD rrv
snipeakid
Dragoon

Postby snipeakid » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:37 pm

Marpat desert and multicam . I don't have too much variation :D. Planning on picking up some m81 in the future.

Cheat rig wise, I'd go either MC or coyote, mainly because you can get a good reel steal cheat rig on a budget in those colors. Only gear company I know of that does atacs is Mayflower (specifically chest rigs, but I don't look around for atacs.). Tactical tailor and skd rigs are relatively cheap.

Mixing camos is pretty common, It doesn't look that bad, and the key to building a good looking kit is building one that works. I run mc over other paterns because I don't care that much, and as long as its functional, I'm happy.

I know Airsoft society has a thread for matching gear to uniform stickied in their gear section, check that out.

Sorry if my post is a little jumbled, Pretty tired and on a phone.
Evilplan2500
Pawn

Postby Evilplan2500 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 pm

No worries, thanks again!

Return to “Gear”