ACU vs BDU in terms of fit

Tactical Gear, Accessories, and Apparel
Golitan11
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

ACU vs BDU in terms of fit

Postby Golitan11 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 pm

I was wondering if both (Army Combat Uniform & Battle Dress Uniform) have the same fit. I was looking for Propper pants and jacket in Multicam and also, I can't figure out if ACU's really different and worth it over BDU (like the camo render, fade resistance, material thickness and resistance, etc.) except for design (pockets configuration and such). Thanks!
baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: ACU vs BDU in terms of fit

Postby baklash 1337 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:27 pm

They will be the same. However, they don't use measurements as size like manufactures do with jeans. Here is a resource to figure out which size you need:
http://www.patriotsurplus.com/size-charts/

As long as you order from the same manufacturer, they should be virtually the same. However, I recommend you buy surplus since you can get so much more for so much less money. Plus you get some sweet novelties like the US flag and division patches, but I HIGHLY recommend you remove the name and rank patches. This way, you'll also be certain that you'll be buying a reputable brand that's durable.
snipeakid
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: huh

Re: ACU vs BDU in terms of fit

Postby snipeakid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am

I would go combat set peronally...

But I think ACU is much better than BDU, the pocket design allows you to actually use your pockets when your wearing a plate carrier.

I would look into Army combat pants (ACP), and Massif combat shirts, they are both relatively affordable on the surplus market.

Return to “Gear”