What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Everything else that does not fit in the above categories
Honoured1
Knight
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:07 am

What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby Honoured1 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:19 pm

So, I have somethings that I don't like too much when I'm on the field. I'm sure there's some gripes everywhere when it comes to playing...

This is what gets me. I'm rocking an operator load out, MC Hat, pants, vest, odd colored pouches, black knee pads, collared tan shirt etc. I like PMC looks, and you can give yourself one by adding a ball cap and a shem. to your buddy and a leg rig for a high speed look. It's easy to look tacticool in airsoft.

I'm with my group. We're rocking awesome gear, patches, load out, guns... the works. Most of you will know what I'm talking about. We're fist pounding and acting like we're terrible at the sport and underselling ourselves. It's a CQB arena. We're walking to our spawn, objective in hand. We're a terrorist group today. We've got a (fake) bomb that we're gunna blow up a bus with (There's actually a city bus in my CQB field.) It's us 8, against 30. We don't respawn, but are allowed full auto. They are limited to semi.

We set up in defensive positions. We hear the horn sound, and we are ready to be assaulted. Peering though mock bullet-holes in the walls, I see a squad of six VERY SWAT looking guys lining up and moving in a group, sweeping for us in any forward positions.

I pop around the side, let a few rounds go out, and I hit the point man and his follower. I get back in cover and a staccato of rounds hits the side of the wall and behind me. They're moving to flank my position. I know my right side is covered, and I'm in charge of the left flank. I prime a Sound Grenade, and wait. I fling it around the corner, and wait for the explosion before coming out firing.

Then the illusion that I'm repelling a team of trained operators is killed. There's an over weight kid in a black trench coat with blue spikey hair coming at me, firing two pistols. With reckless abandon for sights, aiming, lasers or any tool that would allow him to really AIM his pistols at the 50 feet he's shooting at me from, or even any resemblance of trigger control, he fires round after round of the WE 7.1 Dragon Hi-Capas.

Needless to say... He misses every shot.

I hate anime cosplayers. I hate them in my sport.

Also, COD Ghost Wannabes.

I'm glad that you think a vidya game character is supar awesome cool, but did you ever think that you can make yourself into a bad ass?
Armory:
KWA PTR LM4 380fps / 13 RPS - 15,500 rounds, No Problems
VFC 416D (M27 IAR) GBBR -
KWA Mp7 -400 FPS / 22rps - 25,000 rounds, No Problems
KSC G18c


Have owned: E1 Stag-15, JG G36c, JG Tact. AK, JG AUG A1/3, G4-A3, ICS m4/16, VFC Scar-L, Socom Gear N-10", JG G3 SAS, VFC PDW, WE PDW, WE Scar, WE m14, E1 MTC, E1 Scar, TM Mp5, ACM M500, KWA 1911, Cyma M14, WE 1911, KJW 5.1, Magpul Masada, A&K Masada, KWA S-sytem, VT MK18, A&K 249, E1 Baby m4, TM mk23, TM 5-7, KJW m700
Airsoftman1
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 912
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yup
Location: Pocatello, ID

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby Airsoftman1 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Immature, stupid kids... Nuff said...
ARMORY
Agile AL-3100
Marshall JCM-2000 + Marshall JCM Cab
JG M733 Enhanced
VFC M4 (not sure which one it started out as)
User avatar
tylerflow
Jeweled General
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: bah
Location: SDCA
Contact:

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby tylerflow » Sun May 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I can't blame beginners for being beginners, but yeah it's sucks when you get a team full of them.

Also, beginners or young kids who act like know it alls because they watched crazyNCman or something. I also hate hearing friken G&Gs :lol: . They're fine guns but they almost always sound whiny and you can usually identify a G&G user by the sound they make.

And then the insane amount of KWA fanboys at my field. It's probably because it's the only brand of gun that the local AEX recommends to people with over $200. You can tell none of these 13 year olds have never opened a gearbox in their life when they say "M150 spring? KWA. Li-po ready?? KWA! Look, my KWA shoots a little farther than that kids Combat Machine. BEAST!" :roll:

Can't wait till I field my SR-25 which will (hopefully) out range these kids' precious SR12s that daddy bought them.
#
Airsoftman1
Panzer Dragoon
Posts: 912
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yup
Location: Pocatello, ID

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby Airsoftman1 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:49 pm

tylerflow wrote:I can't blame beginners for being beginners, but yeah it's sucks when you get a team full of them.

Also, beginners or young kids who act like know it alls because they watched crazyNCman or something. I also hate hearing friken G&Gs :lol: . They're fine guns but they almost always sound whiny and you can usually identify a G&G user by the sound they make.

And then the insane amount of KWA fanboys at my field. It's probably because it's the only brand of gun that the local AEX recommends to people with over $200. You can tell none of these 13 year olds have never opened a gearbox in their life when they say "M150 spring? KWA. Li-po ready?? KWA! Look, my KWA shoots a little farther than that kids Combat Machine. BEAST!" :roll:

Can't wait till I field my SR-25 which will (hopefully) out range these kids' precious SR12s that daddy bought them.

So far my stock JG has outranged an SR10, CM Raider, and 4 different G4's
Also, I'm talking about 10 year olds who's parents bought them everything, know nothing, think they know everything, all they do is camp, and they are using dirty, profound language I only REALLY learned about until this year for everything every 5 seconds. Sad part is, they got all that from someone else. :roll:
ARMORY
Agile AL-3100
Marshall JCM-2000 + Marshall JCM Cab
JG M733 Enhanced
VFC M4 (not sure which one it started out as)
User avatar
tylerflow
Jeweled General
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: bah
Location: SDCA
Contact:

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby tylerflow » Sun May 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, kids that that annoy me in life, not just airsoft :lol: :roll: .

I see it too much because I live in the most spoiled rotten part of town because it's where it's the worst (rich, dumb parents, dramatic, arrogant kids, and a Jersey Shore-esque lifestyle).

There's always gonna be bad people in life whether you live in multi-million dollar gated communities or the ghetto. Idiots are idiots, some just have money.
#
User avatar
baklash 1337
World Class General
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:52 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes
Location: Central Washington

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Since I really don't care if my loadout looks like crap, I always end up on OpFor. The people that OpFor consists of are usually kids...very nooby kids. Now I don't like being on a team with kids for a number of reasons, and these reasons are generally factual and not just a stereotype "bcuz i h4te kidz!!!"

1. They aren't combat effective or experienced. You can try and try to give them advice, but they usually won't do well, and tend to get dead when you're doing something important, i.e. taking a critical position in the field.

2. They won't shoot at anything because they are too poor to afford more bbs, mags, and batteries.

3. They tend to not stick their necks out and play to win. I can't count how many times I see kids just hanging out far off the front lines, waiting for their teammates ahead to move up. They will be the last people on your team to try to rush or play offensively.

And I say generally because kids are generally this way. I started playing airsoft at 13. I know how it is. And just a suggestion on how to defeat kids (or most airsofters, for that matter): just rush them relentlessly. They won't know what to do.

Another thing that grinds my gears is when teammates just do not give a sh*t about your tactical suggestions. One time, I was trying to defend against waves of enemies and I'm going through my mags like crazy, never letting go of the trigger. I asked for help from teammates while I'm trying to hold them off, but no help ever comes. Fortunately, I killed like 6 of them until they stopped attacking. There have also been a lot of times where I ask for some people to flank or break right through the center, but I always end up going alone.


This is probably going to offend a lot of people here, but here I go:

I don't like the fact that every d*mn person wants a SEAL/USMC/SAS/Spetsnaz/GSG9/"operator" loadout. Can't we get some originality here? I don't see enough people dressed up as "bad guys"; insurgents. I would also like to see more post-apoc loadouts like the one I'm working on, because I like to imagine airsoft as some kind of conflict in some kind of dystopian future when you consider the variation of guns and gear everyone has. But I do agree with the guy above, I don't like themed loadouts from visual media, because they're simply not original (I'm a guilty hipster).

tylerflow wrote:I also hate hearing friken G&Gs :lol: . They're fine guns but they almost always sound whiny and you can usually identify a G&G user by the sound they make.

I can usually identify a G&G when I hear gear-grinding.
User avatar
tylerflow
Jeweled General
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: bah
Location: SDCA
Contact:

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby tylerflow » Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:
I don't like the fact that every d*mn person wants a SEAL/USMC/SAS/Spetsnaz/GSG9/"operator" loadout. Can't we get some originality here?


:lol: 99.99% of people are not original. I think looking like a badass special forces dude is part of the fun :D .

However, TBH, I dislike it when someone doesn't look like they belong in a uniform like that. To me it looks dumb when a 5 foot tall kid is wearing USMC gear or when a 300lb fat dude is decked out in full badass Spetznaz gear. I know 1% of airsofters actually look like the soldiers they're mimicking, but IMO it's what makes airsoft look pretty dorky. If everyone dressed casually like paintball, I'm sure people won't make fun of airsoft as much.

Also, most gear is made for the military look. Baklash, you're one of the only people I've seen that has really pulled off that OPFor/post-apocalyptic look very well.
#
User avatar
baklash 1337
World Class General
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:52 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes
Location: Central Washington

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby baklash 1337 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:49 pm

tylerflow wrote:Baklash, you're one of the only people I've seen that has really pulled off that OPFor/post-apocalyptic look very well.

Aww, I'm flattered :oops: You should see it when I'm done.
Honoured1
Knight
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:07 am

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby Honoured1 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am

baklash 1337 wrote:Since I really don't care if my loadout looks like crap, I always end up on OpFor. The people that OpFor consists of are usually kids...very nooby kids. Now I don't like being on a team with kids for a number of reasons, and these reasons are generally factual and not just a stereotype "bcuz i h4te kidz!!!"

1. They aren't combat effective or experienced. You can try and try to give them advice, but they usually won't do well, and tend to get dead when you're doing something important, i.e. taking a critical position in the field.

2. They won't shoot at anything because they are too poor to afford more bbs, mags, and batteries.

3. They tend to not stick their necks out and play to win. I can't count how many times I see kids just hanging out far off the front lines, waiting for their teammates ahead to move up. They will be the last people on your team to try to rush or play offensively.

And I say generally because kids are generally this way. I started playing airsoft at 13. I know how it is. And just a suggestion on how to defeat kids (or most airsofters, for that matter): just rush them relentlessly. They won't know what to do.

Another thing that grinds my gears is when teammates just do not give a sh*t about your tactical suggestions. One time, I was trying to defend against waves of enemies and I'm going through my mags like crazy, never letting go of the trigger. I asked for help from teammates while I'm trying to hold them off, but no help ever comes. Fortunately, I killed like 6 of them until they stopped attacking. There have also been a lot of times where I ask for some people to flank or break right through the center, but I always end up going alone.


This is probably going to offend a lot of people here, but here I go:

I don't like the fact that every d*mn person wants a SEAL/USMC/SAS/Spetsnaz/GSG9/"operator" loadout. Can't we get some originality here? I don't see enough people dressed up as "bad guys"; insurgents. I would also like to see more post-apoc loadouts like the one I'm working on, because I like to imagine airsoft as some kind of conflict in some kind of dystopian future when you consider the variation of guns and gear everyone has. But I do agree with the guy above, I don't like themed loadouts from visual media, because they're simply not original (I'm a guilty hipster).

tylerflow wrote:I also hate hearing friken G&Gs :lol: . They're fine guns but they almost always sound whiny and you can usually identify a G&G user by the sound they make.

I can usually identify a G&G when I hear gear-grinding.



Post apocalyptic gear is easy. black pants, acu pack, green long sleeve, tac vest, ball cap. it's easy to be awesome
Armory:
KWA PTR LM4 380fps / 13 RPS - 15,500 rounds, No Problems
VFC 416D (M27 IAR) GBBR -
KWA Mp7 -400 FPS / 22rps - 25,000 rounds, No Problems
KSC G18c


Have owned: E1 Stag-15, JG G36c, JG Tact. AK, JG AUG A1/3, G4-A3, ICS m4/16, VFC Scar-L, Socom Gear N-10", JG G3 SAS, VFC PDW, WE PDW, WE Scar, WE m14, E1 MTC, E1 Scar, TM Mp5, ACM M500, KWA 1911, Cyma M14, WE 1911, KJW 5.1, Magpul Masada, A&K Masada, KWA S-sytem, VT MK18, A&K 249, E1 Baby m4, TM mk23, TM 5-7, KJW m700
User avatar
baklash 1337
World Class General
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:52 pm
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes
Location: Central Washington

Re: What do you hate when you're airsofting?

Postby baklash 1337 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 am

Well, my kit is pretty exotic :P You'll see it eventually.

Return to “Misc”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests