Mk 110 Mod 0 Custom build.

Everything else that does not fit in the above categories
GoldenEagle
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Mk 110 Mod 0 Custom build.

Postby GoldenEagle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 am

I'm thinking of building a gun from the ground up. I do realize that this will like be more expensive than buying a gun that is already assembled. I have Seen before custom built guns like an SR-25 but I couldn't figure out which receiver the guy used.

Some help, please?
Anger
Depression
Loneliness

We all have our demons, learn to fight back.
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Mk 110 Mod 0 Custom build.

Postby timbuktoo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm

most just buy an A&K one and throw parts onto it. there aren't many sr25/m110 recievers out there. they use a different mag from m4's so make sure its marked sr25 or ar10 or m110 or 7.62 or something like that. you just gotta look around. agian it is my recomendation that you buy an A&K one. also something to look out for is that some use extended gearboxes and others extended hop up units, so you need to look out for that also. and the parts for them are somewhat specialized if you get the EV2 box (18 tooth piston and sector gear i think, def longer than 15 teeth), and i don't think you will ever find an extended hopup unit for one anywhere, because they are only, slightly detrimental to the performance, so nobody would ever get another one.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
GoldenEagle
Pawn

Postby GoldenEagle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am

I actually got the idea from this guy's video, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9NROXg3zM

I'm breaking into the sport as best I can, how much do you think this would end up costing me?

Here's the parts list as provided by Gerard (the guy who built the original)
External Upgrades:

-JBU Barrel Extension
-Madbull JP Rifle Conversion Kit (MED)
-Madbull JP Rifle Upper Receiver for CA M15 Old Type (TAN)
-Magpul ACM MBUS Back Up Sights (Dark Earth)
-NC Star High Profile See-Through Ring Mounts w/ RIS
-Magpul PTS M16 P-Mag 70rds Short Mid Cap Mag
-Magpul PTS MOE Grip for M4/M16 (Black)
-Bar-10 Illuminated x3-9 Scope
-Classic Army Harris Bipod w/ RIS Mount
-14mm Clockwise to Counter Clockwise Thread Adaptor

Internals Upgrades

Systema Magnum Motor (Long)
-Echo 1 M16 Wire Set
-Aim Monster Infinity Torque Up Gear Set w/ Piston
-Modify Bore-Up Cylinder Set for M16
-Polar Star SCS Hop-Up Bucking
-Systema Energy M140 Oil Tempered Wire Spring
-PDI 6.01mm Inner Barrel (509mm)

And the whole thing is based off a Classic Army M16 Old Version.
Anger
Depression
Loneliness

apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm

GoldenEagle wrote:*snip

Isn't it counter intuitive to have a boreup kit with a ported cylinder? :? I thought the whole idea of a boreup kit is more cylinder volume...

EDIT: lol I just saw a comment by age asking pretty much the same thing :D plus he has a 6.01mm barrel in a sniper :roll:
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 pm

It's not even an SR-25, it's just an M16 with a body kit. :|

And a lot of those parts are not worth getting.
#
GoldenEagle
Pawn

Postby GoldenEagle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

tylerflow wrote:It's not even an SR-25, it's just an M16 with a body kit. :|

And a lot of those parts are not worth getting.

I'm not really looking for 1:1 perfection, or am I experienced in any way with internals. I just need a very aesthetically pleasing, yet still solidly performing Custom DMR.

What's the best AEG platform to begin with?

I don't have a whole lot of time or money to work with, I just want to have a unique weapon that other people will envy that is not stock.
Anger
Depression
Loneliness

apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm

You'd want to get the A&K SR-25, because that V2.5 comes in handy when you upgrade
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm

apoctank wrote:You'd want to get the A&K SR-25, because that V2.5 comes in handy when you upgrade

I agree with getting the A&K/CA SR-25 or the CA AR-10. But because they have the EV2, the proprietary parts can get a bit expensive and hard to find if you need to. But if all goes well, you shouldn't run into those problems.
#
GoldenEagle
Pawn

Postby GoldenEagle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 am

So, I went on Tim's AMA Reddit, and he recommended a G4 as a good starting platform. Can anyone confirm or deny this statement?

I'm thinking I might forgo the SR-25 build entirely, or at least until I live in an area that has registered/certified fields. The places around me are not registered/certified and so I can't take a non-blaze tipped gun to event days.
Anger
Depression
Loneliness

timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 pm

GoldenEagle wrote:So, I went on Tim's AMA Reddit, and he recommended a G4 as a good starting platform. Can anyone confirm or deny this statement?

this forum is very anti-G&G-CM which is what the G4 is based on. this is do to the crappy high resistance wires, un-powerful motors, and low quality parts. you'd be better off with the cheapest JG you can get. the A&K SR25 is is widely regarded as the best DMR aeg, second only to the CA SR25, which it is cloned from.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.

Return to “Misc”