Gas snipers vs aeg snipers vs spring snipers

Everything else that does not fit in the above categories
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: wtf

Re: Gas snipers vs aeg snipers vs spring snipers

Postby Johnny SCARface » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:50 am

If you dont mind im gonna go "off-topic" and say that I have never fired GBB anything, so idk.

I do like aeg's, although ive never used a sniper.

My friend has a spring sniper that his dad found in the apartment he was cleaning out, and the landlady said he could keep it. I havnt been hit with it yet, but it fires well over 390, but the guy was using it with .12s :evil:

I put my .20s in it and that gun(That came with a VERY NICE scope, worthy of a RS) is deadly accurate. Im not sure of its full range, but i liked it

all in all spring all day every day. unless we're talking SOCOM gear BARRETT :lol:
Primary: JG M4 S-System Enhanced (Working a sick battery mod!!)
Secondary: H&K USP45 CO2 NBB (Broken now :evil: )
timbuktoo wrote:are you kidding it totally exists. james bond had one. :twisted:

link236 wrote:We're really not "ASGI" lovers on this forum. We're just like any other airsoft forum, but we happened to be called the "ASGI forums."
MadKillerDog1
Lance
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby MadKillerDog1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:55 am

My opinion: gas is the funnest, spring is the most consistent and simple and aeg is too expensive and complicated (but can be as accurate as spring) where it doesn't need to be (unless you're a dmr type roll)
In use:
Kwa Lm4 Mk18 mod 1 - Primary
WE G18c - secondary - REAPS bucking + modified hopup arm
Sold:
Kwa M4 Cqb
Kjw 1911
Jonas
King General
HumanQuestion2: SVD

Postby Jonas » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 am

Necro but IDGAF.

Sprin'g sweet to start with. Easy to f*ck with, easy to use, cheap.
Downsides are noise (depending, but usually louder than gas)
Rate of fire (One shot one kill is nice, but if there's two guys it gets tricky...)

Gas is cool in theory. Incredibly high (to the point of ballistic instability) fps, quieter, and simple.
Downsides are cost (hpa is pricey but the best option)
Cooldown (expanding gas makes sh*t cold and the doesn't expand as well and can blow seals)
Inconsistency (unless HPA your pressure drops every shot and changes your trajectory)

AEG is bad in theory. Expensive, battery life can be short, longevity of internal components, cylinder volume is small, loud, and getting a velocity high enough can be pretty hard, options can be limited.
Upsides:
Buy a Realsword and none of those things are a problem and you're now on par with every spring and gas gun you'll come across, but with a higher ROF, more stable (compared to gas) velocity, no cooldown, higher mag capacity, and you're cool as sh*t.

Legitimately.
AEG<Gas<Spring<Gas<Realsword
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
Own it, paint it, mod it, love it
Jonny Scotland
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby Jonny Scotland » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:37 am

Compatibility between platforms is another factor

Gas snipers are fairly specific and in case of the Ares DMP (hit man sniper) requires a shed load of time to make it take standard parts

Electric is a more reliable option then gas at a equal or lower price (Barret 50. not included)

Spring opens up compatibility unless its the old maruzen APS2 which is also in the "echo 1 ASR"= A S### Rifle

Though you also get hybrids which are slightly more expensive then spring but not by much.

The Swiss Arms VSR10 has the uber compatible vsr spring parts as well as a co2 bolt for when performance is needed more then the reliability and longer run time of spring.

In the end of your looking for a certain model that isn't an L96, VSR or Druganov then it won't be cheap but is available in most preferences
Jonas
King General

Postby Jonas » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 am

JAW M24 is all APS2.

Pretty easy to build a gas rifle for <$700 that'll do pretty good. An AEG equivalent will usually cost around that or a little more. Gas has more upkeep.
Real Sword SVD and KWA MP7. Accuracy by precision or volume, the choice is mine.
KennethDoro
Pawn
HumanQuestion2: yes

Gas snipers vs aeg snipers vs spring snipers

Postby KennethDoro » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 pm

My gas-ram guns dont loose veloicty compared to my spring guns.The spring guns take time to warm up in the sub freezing weather.
Jonas
King General

Postby Jonas » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:32 am

Interesting. I actually just finished my material strengths homework and it talked about how steel has a higher youngs modulus at lower temperatures. I guess even though it stores more energy for the same distance it's compressed it still expands slower. Metal's complicated.

I still would guess gas would have more energy loss in cold temperatures; lower temperatures in a constant volume system result in decreased relative pressure. Should expand slower and take more gas/shot.

Return to “Misc”