SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Thunder B help

Postby SnakeAssault » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm gonna have 3 of these in about a month, so I wanted to know a few things:

How do you store them?
Is it possible to remove the CO2 without wasting it?
Will I need to bring pennies?
How do you mark and identify your own grenades? I've got some orange caps for that certain type of shell, but otherwise?
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
St Chris008
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Thunder B help

Postby St Chris008 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:15 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:I'm gonna have 3 of these in about a month, so I wanted to know a few things:

How do you store them?
Referring to in-game or when not in use? For when I'm not using them: CO2 out, core screwed into a body just because. Just makes sure the hammer isn't armed or you'll wear out the springs.
Is it possible to remove the CO2 without wasting it?
Yes, unscrew the core from the body, and unscrew the bottom of the core and pull out the CO2. Disarm the Thunder B afterward.
Will I need to bring pennies?
Depends. If you're getting the newer styled ones, probably not. The rule of thumb I've found, is if it's one of the ones with a small hole drilled in the bottom of the core, then no. If it's one of the older oens, experiment with adding coins. (I used dimes personally, pennies didn't fit in my shell :?: )
How do you mark and identify your own grenades? I've got some orange caps for that certain type of shell, but otherwise?
I wrap small strips of red duct tape around the core in a spiral pattern. The red helps it stand out when I'm looking for it after throwing it too. I also wrote my name and contact info on my core with a fine tipped marker/pen. It stayed on pretty well, and makes it easy to ID in case someone finds it, or I have to prove that someone stole it, which unfortunately does happen. My brother's got stolen at a CQB field once.

Edit: Also, just a tip. If you've got one of the ones without a spoon like I do, there's a hole for the little tripwire bit. I don't use that piece, so I dummy corded the pin to there, so I can pull it and not lose it. I used the string that the tripwire came with it, but you might want to try something a little stronger, I pulled on mine too hard and pulled off the pin. Didn't notice, and ended up losing it. :lol: :oops:
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Or you don't have to get them at all... :?
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm paying 20 for two of them, and I'm getting one free.
Plus the money is actually all going to help my friends go to a big op.

EDIT: So, after my incident, these things scare the crap out of me. Any suggestions to prevent accidental discharge?
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:I'm paying 20 for two of them, and I'm getting one free.
Plus the money is actually all going to help my friends go to a big op.

EDIT: So, after my incident, these things scare the crap out of me. Any suggestions to prevent accidental discharge?

Sell them, save your money, get a Tornado Grenade.

SnakeAssault
Panzer Dragoon

Postby SnakeAssault » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:57 pm

I've seen a Tornado, and the Thunder Bs are working a hell of a lot better right now. My friend can't diagnose his problem. And a 20 foot kill radius is good enough for me, so no sense getting the tornado.

Either way right now, too much stuff. Need to sell a lot of AEGs.

Back to my issue though, these grenades scare the crap out of me. What's a good way to prevent them form going off on my person?
KWA G26c
Sanded slide
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon

Postby Renengan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

SnakeAssault wrote:I've seen a Tornado, and the Thunder Bs are working a hell of a lot better right now. My friend can't diagnose his problem. And a 20 foot kill radius is good enough for me, so no sense getting the tornado.

Either way right now, too much stuff. Need to sell a lot of AEGs.

Back to my issue though, these grenades scare the crap out of me. What's a good way to prevent them form going off on my person?

Probably just holding the spool down with rubber bands and making sure all the parts and rings are in working order. Other than that, there's not much that can be done.

Return to “Misc”