Everything else that does not fit in the above categories
Brockman
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Wall Padding ideas?

Postby Brockman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Hello everyone!

I live in an apartment building in NYC. Airsoft guns are technically illegal to have outside and there's nowhere for me to practice, so I bought this target trap (http://www.amazon.com/UTG-AccuShot-Airg ... B0053EQO1W). This works pretty well, as I place it at the end of my apt hallway and fire from my living room. However, when doing different exercises (quick draw, moving/shooting) people tend to miss, and bb's + walls = bad news...

Right now I just tape a towel to the wall behind the target, which isn't optimal and still leaves faint dents in the wall. So, for more active practice, where misfires and ricochet's are more common, can anyone think of a generally cheap method for padding the end walls of a hallway?

I have an old foam mattress cover that I've considered utilizing that somehow, maybe cutting it up and adhering it to a folding room divider... Anyway, I figured asking and seeing if you guys could come up with something brilliant!

Ideas?
Airsoft Gi Darren
Lance

Re: Wall Padding ideas?

Postby Airsoft Gi Darren » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:29 pm

A few layers of cardboard and carpet padding hotglued onto a wood backboard?
Brockman
Pawn

Postby Brockman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Not a bad idea. Actually I never considered carpet...

Perhaps if I incrementally installed hooks along the wall(s), then I could string up some carpet pretty easily, and If I do it in a way that the carpet isn't right up against the wall, maybe a quarter inch or so in between, then most of the energy would be diffused! At least that's the way the physics work in my mind, which could just be wishful thinking... Even so, if the carpet is thick/tough enough, then it probably wouldn't be an issue anyway. Also, since it's carpet, it should be relatively easy to roll up and store when I'm not shooting like a madman. Thanks, I'll definitely ponder this idea.
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: yes

Postby timbuktoo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:58 am

as a fencer (modern sword fighting) common practice is to make a "wall target" it is basically a sheet of plywood, covered on one side with some sort of dampening material- fluff insulation stuff/rolled up plastic bags/squishy foam/and then covered with some sort of (durable) fabric like canvas or nylon. this way we can stab our walls without dammaging them, same should work for airsoft bb's which carry much less energy then a steel blade propelled continuoulsly by a person.
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
Johnny SCARface
Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: wtf

Postby Johnny SCARface » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Find a cheap, ugly painting at a yard sale. hang it up when practicing. take it down when youre done. Voila! you kept your swag, and your wall. for a grand total of 5 USD :mrgreen:
Primary: JG M4 S-System Enhanced (Working a sick battery mod!!)
Secondary: H&K USP45 CO2 NBB (Broken now :evil: )
timbuktoo wrote:are you kidding it totally exists. james bond had one. :twisted:

link236 wrote:We're really not "ASGI" lovers on this forum. We're just like any other airsoft forum, but we happened to be called the "ASGI forums."

Return to “Misc”