Pimp your gun....V1.0

Everything else that does not fit in the above categories
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Re: Pimp your gun....V1.0

Postby timbuktoo » Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 pm

apoctank wrote:Is it so bad to rest the gun on cover? There's lots of chest-high cover at my field that's perfect for resting your gun on

there are times when I do rest my gun striaght on stuff, but more often I use the bipod
apoctank wrote:so you DO like the one without sights?

didnt even realize that. It looks really cool but the lack of sights would impede its function
SnakeAssault wrote:just form personal experience the SAW bipod can't seem to stay up.

I always leave my m60's down, its a pita to change when needed and I find myself needing it more often than not

EDIT: I'd do something like this Image
I put the bipod further rearward so that it might be easier to adjust and also so that it would have the weight closer to the center of the weapon... also I realized that the sight is already on the feed cover to start with on the SAW so maybe the saw covers are more sturdy (I need to figure out how to make mine more stable. cause I've mounted an m1913 to it, but the entire cover shifts and so does the zero...
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
Renengan
Panzer Dragoon
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Renengan » Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm

That video was wrong, there was another one where he explains the importance of the bipod. I'd do this if I had a SAW.
Jonas wrote:YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

baklash 1337
World Class General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby baklash 1337 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

Having a bipod that close to the receiver pretty much defeats the purpose of having one at all. You're supposed to have it further forward.

A bipod makes your entire gun a lever, and the feet of the bipod is the fulcrum. Having it far forward allows you to pivot your MG back far enough so that you and [most of] your MG can comfortably duck behind cover without having to remove the bipod from its seated position on top of your cover. You can then easily reload or change batteries or anything else without hardly even moving at all. Having the bipod far backward would require more difficulty in ducking down into cover (as you will have little room to do so since you are squeezed up against your cover) and it will require you to leave a good portion of your MG above cover when you pivot it downward.

At least for real steel, you DO NOT want to balance the firearm's weight when using a bipod. The lever concept comes into play again, and having it far forward gives you a mechanical advantage over recoil. Think of it as a see-saw with the fulcrum closer to one end and a heavier weight on the short end:

5lbs___________25lbs
..................A......

gun___________recoil
..................A......

Except it's kind of hard to make a diagram representing the gun, because it's like the weight on the right is trying to go up instead of down...technically your MG is an upside-down see-saw. The force generated by the 5.56mm or 7.62mm NATO rounds is pretty immense. If that fulcrum is moved closer to the left, the recoil will have a larger effect on the shooter.

If easy aiming is what you want, get a tripod.
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 am

HURR DURR FYZIX:
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
timbuktoo
Panzer Dragoon

Postby timbuktoo » Wed May 15, 2013 2:36 pm

baklash 1337 wrote:*snip

not balancing it on the bipod. the center of mass would be farther rearward if you are shooting from the shoulder, unsupported. also location of the bipod would make little difference in terms of what torque it produces around the feet of the bipod, since torque = force*radius*sine(angle separating those two vectors); and no matter where the bipod is r*sin(angle) will be the same. it would also mean it would take less movement and thus less work (force*displacement) to change aim vertically. so the only advantage of having the bipod farther forward is the decreased visibility... also when you look at some m24 style weapons, the bipod is only a few inches forward of the magazine.

also: semi-bullpup m249Image
"Power may justly be compared to a great river which, while kept within its due bounds is both beautiful and useful; but when it overflows its banks, it is then too impetuous to be stemmed, it bears down on all before it and brings destruction and desolation wherever it comes.”- Andrew Hamilton
A&K Mk43 MOD0JG T3-SAS-GWE M1911
Johnny SCARface wrote:Politician: Adj. means; Dumb as Rocks/Dumb*ss for a Living/One who makes Kardashian's look like Yale Grads.
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Tried to make a Mk20 SSR
ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - E1 Khyber Pass AKM - WE Tech M4 - G&P XM177E1 - G&P M16A1 - G&P Stoner 63 - G&G SR25 - VFC HK416c - CYMA SVD - Snow Wolf M107A1 - WE Tech Glock 19 - KART M14 JAE - WELL L115A3 - Galaxy MP5K PDW - TM P90TR - TM AUGA1 - Marushin Five seveN - KWA CZ75 - ACM Mk25 - AGM M500 - CAW GP30R
apoctank
Gold General

Postby apoctank » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:49 pm

oh noes double post

Return to “Misc”