G4 News from ASGI

Moderator: ASGI Tim

joshj2398
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

G4-A2 Silent Death Questions

Postby joshj2398 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 am

1.) If i put a Matrix Turbo Motor (Short) in the gun, would that improve the gun a lot since i've been hearing the internals aren't that good? Would it also increase the ROF dramatically?

2.) Is the spring in this gun an M100?

3.) Can I replace the silencer barrel with a different silencer of the same size but better quality?

4.) What makes people say the internals aren't that good?

5.) What's the average FPS of this gun out of the box?

6.) If this gun does chrono in at over 350 FPS, can you recommend me a good quality gun that chronos at 350- FPS preferabbly an M4 that is $230 or less?

7.) How many rounds do I have to run through this gun to obtain a below 350 FPS chrono?

PLEASE NUMBER YOUR ANSWERS ACCORDING TO THE NUMBER OF THE QUESTION.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!!
Last edited by joshj2398 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Re: G4-A2 Silent Death Questions

Postby mvsrocks » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 am

1.) Yes it probably would increase the ROF and trigger response. The Airsoft Gi G4 series are made from G&G guns, which have relatively weaker motors. Also instead of using a Matrix 3000 turbo motor, I would use an SHS high speed motor. (FYI the best AirsoftGi series is the FMG4 series and I HIGHLY recommend you getting them over the regular G4 series. The FMG4 guns have VFC M4 bases, which are MUCH better and will last way longer.)

2.) No. I believe it is an M110. The reason the FPS is so low is because of the blowback feature on it. First of all, you barely feel the blowback. Second of all, it reduces the FPS and probably ROF by a lot.

3.) You should be able to. It's a Madbull Gemtech silencer.

4.) G&G internals aren't the best. They are somewhat reliable, but you could get better. As I said before, stock G&G motors are weaker than, say, stock JG or stock ICS motors.
Selling MOSFETs
1.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode-$15
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock
3.) 156A MOSFET with Active Braking-$20-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

Feel free to message me if you are interested.
NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm

mvsrocks wrote:2.) No. I believe it is an M110. The reason the FPS is so low is because of the blowback feature on it. First of all, you barely feel the blowback.

The reason for G&G based gun's lower FPS is either a M100-ish spring and/or bad compression. The FPS shouldn't be affected horribly by the pneumatic blowback on G4's, it's not like that extra velocity is going to get you extra range anyway unless you do other upgrades.

mvsrocks wrote:Second of all, it reduces the FPS and probably ROF by a lot.

It's pneumatic, not mechanical. It doesn't affect the ROF at all. Just do some research on how it works and you'll see why.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthernHurricane7
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Postby mvsrocks » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:15 pm

G&G's have decent compression. My friend's completely stock G&G raider got 370 fps on a chrono that underreads about 30 fps (My gun chrono'd at 320 fps, but I used a very accurate xcortech chrono after and it chrono'd at 355 fps.)
Selling MOSFETs
2.) 156A MOSFET with 500 Watt TVS Diode and 30A Self Resetting Fuse-$18-Out of stock

Shipping cost will be $3

NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm

G&G's can get good compression, but their O Rings either wear out really fast or they're too small. In most stock guns, the airseal probably isn't that good, regardless of brand. G&G has been using M120's or so for a little while now, so that obviously helps FPS.
kbman99 wrote: No problem man. I mean thats what the forum is for [it] is for questions and helping others.

I tech AEG's. If you're interested, please visit http://typhoonairsoftarmament.wordpress.com/ or email me at [email protected]
mvsrocks
Panzer Dragoon

Postby mvsrocks » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:31 pm

NorthernHurricane7 wrote:G&G's can get good compression, but their O Rings either wear out really fast or they're too small. In most stock guns, the airseal probably isn't that good, regardless of brand. G&G has been using M120's or so for a little while now, so that obviously helps FPS.

o.o I thought they used M110s. My friend's stock G&G raider chronographed at 370 fps
Selling MOSFETs

Shipping cost will be $3

NorthernHurricane7
Dragoon

Postby NorthernHurricane7 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Two G4's (CM based) were chronoed by ASGI at 435... I've even seen Frank, their head tech, say in some video that they were looking into ways to downgrade the FPS on CQB length G4's because they were shooting way too hot. It wouldn't surprise me if G&G switched to M110's though.

Return to “G4 News”