Internals, Tips and Tricks for your G4

Moderator: ASGI Tim

Killer BIGxyz
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

G4 A3 Motor and battery problem

Postby Killer BIGxyz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey i bought a G4-A3 in february and around in May my i realized that my motor was getting hot relatively fast when i shot bursts in full auto (bursts of about 3-7 shots) and if i used spammed on semi. i then adjusted my motor height and the pinion gear got damaged and started making a high pitched screaching sound and would not fire. i then adjusted it again so it fires, but the problem is that it shot about 30 rounds and my battery was betting hot already! does this mean to much stress is on the motor which is causing stress on the battery? pretty much my battery and motor heat up very quickly, how do i fix this?
airsofterguy
Lance

Re: G4 A3 Motor and battery problem

Postby airsofterguy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Your getting resistance somewhere. Open up your gun, clean the internals, lube the internals, clean your trigger plates, close your gun and test it. Make sure your motor height is correct. Highly recomend changing to deans connectors. Make sure your motor conectors are on tightly. Hope this helps. :lol:
Armory:
G4-A3 DMR [email protected]
L96 Sniper Rifle 520fps
Sig 552 [email protected]
TSD Tactical M9X 400fps

AIRSOFTERGUY
acelafan123
Pawn

Postby acelafan123 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 pm

I had the exact same problem too! Long story short, it doesn't make any noise when I pull the trigger. I know how to open up v2 and v3 gearboxes, but since its pneumatic blowback I have no idea what to do. So I sent mine to airsoft barracks (located in Jacksonville Florida.) I sent it last friday and still haven't gotten any more information about it being fixed yet. this sucks
Swordfish1227
Dragoon

Postby Swordfish1227 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:54 pm

My G4 A2 motor got hot after shooting 10 rounds or so on full auto, every time. I switched to an AMP motor and it seems to be a lot better. Also going to switch to Deans here shortly, along with a 11.1v LiPo and a Fet to control it all.

The Big Boy - Tanaka M700 AICS - Tan, NC Star 3-9x40E. G&G Fluted Heavy Barrel, Stock inner barrel, G&G hop up unit.
The Backup - TM Five-SeveN - Black. Completely stock.
The Workhorse - G4-A2 Silent Death - Black. STR, ASAP, MOE, SBUS, Pmags, Ranger, RVG, RSA. Super Shooter 14:1, AMP Hi-torque, SHS trigger switch, Deans, Re-wire, BWKK, Eric Built.
airsofterguy
Lance

Postby airsofterguy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Swordfish1227 wrote:My G4 A2 motor got hot after shooting 10 rounds or so on full auto, every time. I switched to an AMP motor and it seems to be a lot better. Also going to switch to Deans here shortly, along with a 11.1v LiPo and a Fet to control it all.

Excellent
Armory:
G4-A3 DMR [email protected]
L96 Sniper Rifle 520fps
Sig 552 [email protected]
TSD Tactical M9X 400fps

AIRSOFTERGUY

Return to “G4 Internal”