Internals, Tips and Tricks for your G4

Moderator: ASGI Tim

Bloodhound
Pawn
HumanQuestion: Yes
HumanQuestion2: yes

Gearbox glued?

Postby Bloodhound » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Im trying to open the gearbox for some regular maintenance, but that sheath-like part on the top that holds the 2 halves of the shell together is really stuck on there. Funny thing is, I've worked on G&G blowback gearboxes before (that were not Airsoft GI G4s) and that piece came right off with a few taps of a tap hammer. So I was wondering if Airsoft GI glues this piece on for their G4s?
blackhawk13
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Re: Gearbox glued?

Postby blackhawk13 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 pm

As far as I know, GI does nothing to the internals of any G4s (with the exception of those with a tight bore). I have worked on several G4s and a few CMs and have never noticed a difference. Just keep hitting it :lol:
"Airsoft is a game, and it is a game in which honesty, integrity and honor play a very important role. This is not paintball." -NEASG Rules
I make custom Kydex gear. See some of my work HERE or email granitestateguns(at)gmail.com
Follow my blog HERE
tylerflow
Jeweled General
HumanQuestion2: bah

Postby tylerflow » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Ugh, broke a pin and bent some pliers getting one off.
#
Bacon
Lance
HumanQuestion2: Yes

Postby Bacon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Yeah that slide is a pain in the ass to get off. I was hammering at that thing for about an hour until I got someone to help me. It's a lot easier with two people. Just use a flathead and a small hammer/mallet.
They're sendin' me to Vietnam...
...It's this whole 'nuther country.
Bloodhound
Pawn

Postby Bloodhound » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:58 am

Geez, that thing was really on there. stuck the GB in a vice and was finally able to hammer it off...but thanks for the help guys!
Swordfish1227
Dragoon

Postby Swordfish1227 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:43 am

I managed to stab myself with a screwdriver on that one. I ended up putting a ball end Allen wrench in there and tapped it with a screwdriver handle and it popped right off.

The Big Boy - Tanaka M700 AICS - Tan, NC Star 3-9x40E. G&G Fluted Heavy Barrel, Stock inner barrel, G&G hop up unit.
The Backup - TM Five-SeveN - Black. Completely stock.
The Workhorse - G4-A2 Silent Death - Black. STR, ASAP, MOE, SBUS, Pmags, Ranger, RVG, RSA. Super Shooter 14:1, AMP Hi-torque, SHS trigger switch, Deans, Re-wire, BWKK, Eric Built.

Return to “G4 Internal”